Saw a bumper sticker today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2015, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 10:55 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Saw a bumper sticker today
I saw a bumper sticker today. It said "The truth is the truth no matter who believes it" I thought, "Oh man! That's a sweet bumper sticker. I really like that one." Then I look closer and in smaller text it references the bible, "John some#: some#"

How ironic is that!? "the truth is the truth no matter who believes it" then, right along side it, a BIBLE verse! Talk about ironic

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like smileXsmileXsmile's post
01-02-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Saw a bumper sticker today
There's also "the truth shall set you free."
01-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Some "truth" standards are lower than others.
There's a bumper sticker for ya. Wink
01-02-2015, 08:25 PM
To some people fairy tales are true. This seems to be the case with this guy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-02-2015, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 10:34 PM by Full Circle.)
You need this one to counter the first bumper sticker...

“Against logic ignorance is the best armor”

[Image: quote-against-logic-there-is-no-armor-li...144647.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-02-2015, 10:26 PM
[Image: MEME2015-02-01-08-48-421_zpsc6gdzqcw.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
01-02-2015, 10:39 PM
[Image: ignorance-is-bliss.jpg?w=614]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
02-02-2015, 06:26 AM
(01-02-2015 08:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  Some "truth" standards are lower than others.

Which is quite ironic, because these same people will raise the bar impossibly high when evaluating things that are actually true.

Does God exist? Yes!
  • I read it in the Bible.
  • I felt his presence in a way that is very personal, indescribable, and nonfalsifiable.

Evolution? No!
  • My granddaddy weren't no monkey!
  • Cats having dogs is ridiculous!
  • Darwin himself said evolution is absurd because of the eye!
  • No one has ever observed a creature evolve into another.
  • No missing links have been found between X and Y.
  • That missing link you found between X and Y was just a final form, so it doesn't count.
  • Mutations in viruses and insects are just micro-evolution. That doesn't count.
  • Macro-evolution is faith-based.
  • Most university professors believe in intelligent design.
  • Scientists are becoming more and more Christian in light of the evidence.
  • There's a liberal, atheist conspiracy among scientists to kill God, and they're suppressing the evidence.
  • Were you there?
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-02-2015, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 12:24 PM by Full Circle.)
(02-02-2015 06:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 08:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  Some "truth" standards are lower than others.

Which is quite ironic, because these same people will raise the bar impossibly high when evaluating things that are actually true.

Yes they do Rob. The following is how I suspect you would handle the situation as each successive obstacle was introduced.

Does God exist? Yes! Does Vishnu exist? Yes!
I read it in the Bible. I read it in the Shruti.
I felt his presence in a way that is very personal, indescribable, and nonfalsifiable. ditto

Evolution? No!
  • My granddaddy weren’t no monkey! But your great-granddady^10,000 was.
  • Cats having dogs is ridiculous! No one claims this.
  • Darwin himself said evolution is absurd because of the eye! He didn’t say absurd, and we have since learned how it evolved. (sheesh)
  • No one has ever observed a creature evolve into another. Evolution has been observed and documented. What you suggest happens over millennia. (Who are these people?)
  • No missing links have been found between X and Y. Yes, there has!
  • That missing link you found between X and Y was just a final form, so it doesn’t count. Whales have pelvic bones and femurs, explain that numb nuts.
  • Mutations in viruses and insects are just micro-evolution. That doesn’t count. Evolution = Evolution...you dipshit.
  • Macro-evolution is faith-based. You wouldn’t know the difference between faith and fact if it was shoved up your ass!
  • Most university professors believe in intelligent design. Since you never made it past 6th grade how the fuck would you know? I’m surprised you can read you ignorant buffoon.
  • Scientists are becoming more and more Christian in light of the evidence. Just the opposite you mindless cropolite. How about citing this drivel you speak of or stfu.
  • There’s a liberal, atheist conspiracy among scientists to kill God, and they’re suppressing the evidence. Where did I leave my machete, I know it’s around here somewhere...
  • Were you there? They’ll never find your body you imbecile...now, where is that thing?

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-02-2015, 11:36 AM
(02-02-2015 09:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  * Darwin himself said evolution is absurd because of the eye! He didn’t say absurd, and we have since learned how it evolved. (sheesh)

Darwin himself went on to explain why it wasn't absurd in the paragraph following that disingenuous quote mining.

Quote:* Scientists are becoming more and more Christian in light of the evidence. Just the opposite you mindless cropolite. How about citing this drivel you speak of or stfu.
* There’s a liberal, atheist conspiracy among scientists to kill God, and they’re suppressing the evidence. Where did I leave my machete, I know it’s around here somewhere...

Interesting that they can hold those two beliefs simultaneously. It'd be interesting to see what percentage of scientists they think have become Christian and what percentage are part of the global atheist conspiracy to suppress the "evidence".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP