Say hello to the theater obsessed ghost.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Say hello to the theater obsessed ghost.
A university play is having its opening night right now.

I got a bit part in it, but it's been an interesting experience because I get to spend over half the play sitting in the lighting booth looking down on everything.

But that's not the fun part; the fun part is that there is a ghost right near me!

Yes!

Dorothy. The ghost who demands a program, flower, and chair on the catwalk surrounding the room, otherwise things go wrong (presumably nothing ever has gone wrong on any of the nights where they're there). Apparently floating doesn't give you a good enough seat.

I can't find any evidence this chick that supposedly taught at the university before dying and taking up residence in the theater fucking up the thing she taught previously ever existed but, theater people.

Part of me kind of wants to see if I can just crack open the door, grab the flower, then put it somewhere else and watch them freak out, but that'd end in either me getting in trouble or them being encouraged and neither are good options.

I'm gonna be up here for most of the next hour and a half. I'll be doing that six times.

I don't think Dorothy will be saying much.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like CleverUsername's post
24-03-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Say hello to the theater obsessed ghost.
Break a leg. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Boo! Wink

I love "haunted" houses. I like going to them and staying in supposedly haunted inns. I love the stories and folklore, even though I don't believe in ghosts or the spirit world. I do get a kick of hearing the stories from the innkeepers or people who supposedly witnessed these ghosts first hand.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
24-03-2016, 06:13 PM
(24-03-2016 05:54 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  A university play is having its opening night right now.

I got a bit part in it, but it's been an interesting experience because I get to spend over half the play sitting in the lighting booth looking down on everything.

But that's not the fun part; the fun part is that there is a ghost right near me!

Yes!

Dorothy. The ghost who demands a program, flower, and chair on the catwalk surrounding the room, otherwise things go wrong (presumably nothing ever has gone wrong on any of the nights where they're there). Apparently floating doesn't give you a good enough seat.

I can't find any evidence this chick that supposedly taught at the university before dying and taking up residence in the theater fucking up the thing she taught previously ever existed but, theater people.

Part of me kind of wants to see if I can just crack open the door, grab the flower, then put it somewhere else and watch them freak out, but that'd end in either me getting in trouble or them being encouraged and neither are good options.

I'm gonna be up here for most of the next hour and a half. I'll be doing that six times.

What you do is just before the next show go into the greenroom and say "Macbeth!" really loud. It freaks actors out. It's supposed to be bad luck of the first order. The only way you can undo the bad luck is something like turn around in a circle to your left three times and say Macbeth backward, thusly....."H-teb-cam" and it undoes the curse. Maybe you could do the same thing with Dorothy.

Blink Shocking Hobo

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-03-2016, 06:15 PM
(24-03-2016 06:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 05:54 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  A university play is having its opening night right now.

Yes!

What you do is just before the next show go into the greenroom and say "Macbeth!" really loud. It freaks actors out. It's supposed to be bad luck of the first order. The only way you can undo the bad luck is something like turn around in a circle to your left three times and say Macbeth backward, thusly....."H-teb-cam" and it undoes the curse. Maybe you could do the same thing with Dorothy.

Blink Shocking Hobo

Bawahahahahaha........................ Bowing Big Grin Thumbsup Laughat

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Someone forgot the prop I was supposed to grab.

Again. Apparently nothing ever goes wrong when Dorothy's flowers and program are in place. Dodgy

(24-03-2016 05:58 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Break a leg. Smile

Late for me to respond cause everything I do is over now, but thank you.

(24-03-2016 06:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Boo! Wink

I love "haunted" houses. I like going to them and staying in supposedly haunted inns. I love the stories and folklore, even though I don't believe in ghosts or the spirit world. I do get a kick of hearing the stories from the innkeepers or people who supposedly witnessed these ghosts first hand.

I do like creepy things. I'm actually incredibly easy to freak out even though I don't believe in ghosts. But I think the other people's sincerity in believing it kind of kills the fun. Every time they start with their ghost stories I just think "Really? REALLY!?".

(24-03-2016 06:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What you do is just before the next show go into the greenroom and say "Macbeth!" really loud. It freaks actors out. It's supposed to be bad luck of the first order. The only way you can undo the bad luck is something like turn around in a circle to your left three times and say Macbeth backward, thusly....."H-teb-cam" and it undoes the curse. Maybe you could do the same thing with Dorothy.

Blink Shocking Hobo

Y-thor-od. Yes, these sound like magic curse undoing words. Yes

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
24-03-2016, 10:14 PM
I know what I'd do if I had 90 minutes, alone in a booth.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2016, 11:24 PM
(24-03-2016 06:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What you do is just before the next show go into the greenroom and say "Macbeth!" really loud. It freaks actors out. It's supposed to be bad luck of the first order. The only way you can undo the bad luck is something like turn around in a circle to your left three times and say Macbeth backward, thusly....."H-teb-cam" and it undoes the curse. Maybe you could do the same thing with Dorothy.

Blink Shocking Hobo

Having done some acting in my youth it's actually quite true, some actors are superstitious as hell about it. Though the curse is more "anyone who plays Macbeth has their career ruined" I don't correct them: Actors are a silly lot and it's fun to watch them squirm.Big Grin

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
24-03-2016, 11:24 PM
(24-03-2016 10:14 PM)Sam Wrote:  I know what I'd do if I had 90 minutes, alone in a booth.

Ok...but what would you do with the other 89 minutes? Tongue Heart

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
24-03-2016, 11:25 PM
(24-03-2016 06:51 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Someone forgot the prop I was supposed to grab.

Again. Apparently nothing ever goes wrong when Dorothy's flowers and program are in place. Dodgy

(24-03-2016 05:58 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Break a leg. Smile

Late for me to respond cause everything I do is over now, but thank you.

(24-03-2016 06:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Boo! Wink

I do like creepy things. I'm actually incredibly easy to freak out even though I don't believe in ghosts. But I think the other people's sincerity in believing it kind of kills the fun. Every time they start with their ghost stories I just think "Really? REALLY!?".

Blink Shocking Hobo

Y-thor-od. Yes, these sound like magic curse undoing words. Yes

What's the name of the play?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.