Scaaaaary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Scaaaaary
Today I listened to Seth's Halloween podcast and I had to smile all along. Remembering all the things I found so super scary as a kid and things that even today still give me chills.

So in the spirit of Halloween, why not share things that stupidly used to, or still do, scare you.

For example Seth mentioned that he had to get his feet off the floor because they are safer when they are off the floor! And I had to laugh so hard because I used to be EXACTLY like that. And my feet didn't just have to be off the floor, they had to be hidden and save, like put in a blanket or I would sit on them Big Grin

One thing that used to scared the shit out of me was my grandparent's cellar. Now I have to mention that their cellar was super clean, very modern, with proper flooring, several small rooms and with good lights installed everywhere. I always had to go get water and juice for dinner from the cellar. And for some reason this light, friendly, clean cellar was so scary. I always RAN the stairs up with the glass bottles in my hands. I thought there is a monster hiding somewhere (there were basically no hiding spots in that cellar!)

Now you guys Smile

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
26-10-2012, 01:36 PM
RE: Scaaaaary
Surgery. I am deathly afraid of surgery to the point of actually being dangerous to myself.

I used to be afraid of a clown picture hanging up right beside my room between me and escape. Also the basement. I lived in an old grow house once and the guys had fucked up the wiring so horribly and made rooms in the basement out of old doors. Walls made of miscellanious doors. Bars on the windows.

Spiders are evil but they don't scare me. I don't really like them though.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
26-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I still can't sleep with any part of my body hanging over the edge of the bed. Monsters can't grab you as long as you stay on top of the bed.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
26-10-2012, 01:45 PM
We used to place two chairs by mine and my sister's beds, where we would keep our clothes (and maybe so we wouldn't fall down) and I used to think there was a fat, evil dwarf lying there (which really really close), with a whip in his hand...

Spiders are still scary as shit, but that's normal - they are scary little (and not so little) buggers.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
26-10-2012, 01:56 PM
When I was little I was terrified of zombies. I think that is why I love zombie films so much now... zombies were the only horror thing that scared me. I used to watch lots of horror, but I could barely even look at a zombie.
It all started when I was about 5, I flicked onto a movie channel late at night and Romero's Night of the Living Dead was on. I only watched about a minute of it, but I was so scared that I couldn't sleep for days. Tongue

I'm sure my younger self would call me insane for having such a large zombie film collection.

[Image: opforum1.png]
26-10-2012, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 03:31 PM by Misanthropik.)
(26-10-2012 01:40 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I still can't sleep with any part of my body hanging over the edge of the bed. Monsters can't grab you as long as you stay on top of the bed.

Google "SCP-072". Click the first link. Read the article.

Profit. Wink

As for me; there's not much that scares me, honestly. The only small thing that I take unnecessary steps to prevent is a possible bout of appendicitis. For a while, I refused to sleep on my right side out of fear that shit would find its way into my appendix. But then I googled the layout of the large intestine and realized that not sleeping on my right side wasn't any sort of benefit. Lol

Also, if I'm in the shower with soap in my face and my eyes closed, and the thought of "spiders from the drain" enters my mind for even a second, I wash the soap off in a panic and quickly open my eyes; fully expecting to see spiders everywhere. I'd fucking FREAK. Lmao

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
26-10-2012, 03:28 PM
LOL @ "Monsters can't grab you as long as you stay on top of the bed" wonderful and logic Big Grin

Oh one other thing I remembered. For a while I lived with my grand parents. And my grandfather used to shoot deer. He kept the horns. So he would actually have a piece of skull with the horns on but all bone, no fur. And in my room there where 6 of those on the walls. Apart from that the walls where made of wooden panels and you know the darker dots (originally where the branches come out) in those panels, i was afraid of those dots and the horns. The dots formed faces in my mind and where all dangerous and all, and the horns where just really creepy.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
26-10-2012, 07:09 PM
I am always nervous when someone or something touches my feet. I fell much safer with my toes curled up, so I usually keep them curled up when I am barefoot.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
26-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I am familiar with the SCP-072. My childhood home had a significant infestation.

Glad to see I'm not the only one taking this seriously. I don't think the public is aware that this is quickly becoming an epidemic. Nor do I feel they grasp the ramifications of such an epidemic.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
26-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I am afraid of hooded people in cloaks- those fuckers are so scary... Especially when you see them passing by your doorway

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.