Scalia died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 04:46 PM
RE: Scalia died
(13-02-2016 04:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:36 PM)julep Wrote:  Supposedly his body was "found" at some resort--curious wording. I'm interested to know more about the circumstances.

So glad that Scalia is off the court, and I hope his replacement turns out to be better. I know Congress isn't going to make it easy for a non-nutcase to sit on the court.

One of my friends on Facebook is trying to figure out god's will in all this.

Facepalm

I actually just got off of Facebook where I was looking at the general Scalia commentary. Yikes!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2016, 04:50 PM
(13-02-2016 04:46 PM)julep Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One of my friends on Facebook is trying to figure out god's will in all this.

Facepalm

I actually just got off of Facebook where I was looking at the general Scalia commentary. Yikes!!!

It looks to me like a lot of people didn't like him, actually.

Truth seeker.
13-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Girly? Unsure

He must be sleepin! I got dis, pimp! Shy

Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 8 users Like TheGulegon's post
13-02-2016, 05:00 PM
(13-02-2016 04:50 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:46 PM)julep Wrote:  I actually just got off of Facebook where I was looking at the general Scalia commentary. Yikes!!!

Many of the far right (fundies) were ambivalent about him.
Though very conservative, he was a Catholic, not a True Christian™. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
13-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Between this and Zika virus my Catholic friends are in a compete tizzy.

Popcorn

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Quote:This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who [is later found] innocent. -Scalia

Too bad there is not a hell for him to roast in.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Yup...

Truth seeker.
13-02-2016, 05:27 PM
(13-02-2016 04:50 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:46 PM)julep Wrote:  I actually just got off of Facebook where I was looking at the general Scalia commentary. Yikes!!!

None of my friends (mostly liberals/independents) liked Scalia. But there are a bunch of conservatives posting in the general news site who seem extremely upset that Obama is going to get another SCOTUS appointment.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
13-02-2016, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 05:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I kind of liked him. Facepalm
He and Ruth Bader Ginsburg were really good friends ... he was said to be funny. Hobo
He took Elena Kagan hunting, and introduced her to it.

After his CNN interview, (with Piers Morgan) I think I understood his views more.
While his temperament was decidedly conservative, he actually said in the CNN interview, that we have a right "to what is reasonable". (That's hardly a "conservative" view.) The deep flaw in his thinking is, that he said he read the Federalist Papers, (pretty much ONLY the Federalist Papers) to discover the intent of the founders, in writing the constitution. The fact is, those ideas to a great extent, arose during the Enlightenment, and were "new" for that time. The idea that human culture is static, and never changes is simply false. To "deify" the ideas of the Enlightenment, is just stupid. So Scallia said the founders never envisioned abortion rights or homosexuality etc etc etc. Of course they didn't. Is THAT any reason to ignore the science and advancements that happened after the Enlightenment period, and "freeze-frame" human culture in the late 18th Century ?

Duh. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-02-2016, 05:56 PM

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post