Scalia died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2016, 08:06 AM
RE: Scalia died
(13-02-2016 10:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have absolutely nothing nice to say. I am however glad his position is open.
Well I for think it's always a bit somber when a great comedian is gone.

He was certainly a big bundle of laughs.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2016, 08:28 AM
(14-02-2016 07:47 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:36 PM)julep Wrote:  Supposedly his body was "found" at some resort--curious wording. I'm interested to know more about the circumstances.

So glad that Scalia is off the court, and I hope his replacement turns out to be better. I know Congress isn't going to make it easy for a non-nutcase to sit on the court.

Actually the piece said that A body was found. Very curious way to word it.

You shoulda seen the facebook comments on that wording. They were calling for an autopsy, claiming "Muslim Obama and Hitler Hillary" had him killed.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
14-02-2016, 09:17 AM
So ... NPR possibly misquoted him by say "Evolution was just a guess, and a bad one at that" ... or something like that, which got me looking. It looks like he may have actually been a YEC. No
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...eationism/

Now I don' likey him no mores.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-02-2016, 09:22 AM
You liked him in the first place?
14-02-2016, 10:38 AM
(14-02-2016 09:22 AM)natachan Wrote:  You liked him in the first place?

Not his views, ... at all. He could articulate why he thought how he did, and why.
Now I have no respect at all for him.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Q: Have you seen evidence of the Devil lately?
A: You know, it is curious. In the Gospels, the Devil is doing all sorts of things. He’s making pigs run off cliffs, he’s possessing people and whatnot. And that doesn’t happen very much anymore.

Q: No.
A:It’s because he’s smart.

Q: So what’s he doing now?
A: What he’s doing now is getting people not to believe in him or in God. He’s much more successful that way.

Q: That has really painful implications for atheists. Are you sure that’s the ­Devil’s work?
A: I didn’t say atheists are the Devil’s work.

Q: Well, you’re saying the Devil is ­persuading people to not believe in God. Couldn’t there be other reasons to not believe?
A: Well, there certainly can be other reasons. But it certainly favors the Devil’s desires. I mean, c’mon, that’s the explanation for why there’s not demonic possession all over the place. That always puzzled me. What happened to the Devil, you know? He used to be all over the place. He used to be all over the New Testament.

Q: Right.
A: What happened to him?

Q: He just got wilier.
A: He got wilier.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-02-2016, 01:12 PM
(14-02-2016 12:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 10:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have absolutely nothing nice to say. I am however glad his position is open.

Then come, sit by me ... Tongue
You know ...... the old saying, "If you have nothing nice to say, come sit by me".
Big Grin

Big GrinBig Grin
14-02-2016, 01:35 PM
(13-02-2016 04:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh my. I suspect that the Republicans in the Senate are going to desperately fight any anti-gun nominee.

Thanks Obama. Shocking
Do you mean they are going to fight any anti-second Amendment(anti-American Constitution) nominee?
They better do it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-02-2016, 02:06 PM
(14-02-2016 07:58 AM)cactus Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 07:47 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Actually the piece said that A body was found. Very curious way to word it.
and so the alien conspiracy begins...

Illuminati dun did it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Sri Srinivasan

#sigh