Scare tactics (video)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2011, 09:37 AM
RE: Scare tactics (video)
I started watching another video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxf91avG...e=related) linked to to the one above and it has subtitiles in another language (german?) and at the 0:06 mark the subtitle reads "Maar voor God de Vader." As soon as I saw "God de Vader" I immediately thought of God as Darth Vader and I was brought to tears I was laughing so hard! It literally means "God the Father" but it is still hilarious to me.

Just thought I would share my moment of hysterical laughter with you Smile

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2011, 09:39 AM
(08-05-2011 09:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I started watching another video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxf91avG...e=related) linked to to the one above and it has subtitiles in another language (german?) and at the 0:06 mark the subtitle reads "Maar voor God de Vader." As soon as I saw "God de Vader" I immediately thought of God as Darth Vader and I was brought to tears I was laughing so hard! It literally means "God the Father" but it is still hilarious to me.

Just thought I would share my moment of hysterical laughter with you Smile

I picture it too, and it fits so well. "Come to the dark side", and "I am your father". Someone needs to do a parody.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
08-05-2011, 09:57 AM
(08-05-2011 09:37 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Maar voor God de Vader.
I'ts dutch...
The darth vader joke is quite a running gag here since the first star wars movies came out Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
08-05-2011, 10:23 AM
(08-05-2011 09:39 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I picture it too, and it fits so well. "Come to the dark side", and "I am your father". Someone needs to do a parody.

[Image: 4245283781_cdaaf1038d.jpg]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
08-05-2011, 10:39 AM
[Image: demotivational-posters-atheist-vader.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
08-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Love the pics! I have a whole new respect for Star Wars.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
08-05-2011, 12:45 PM
That's largely because the purpose Christianity is to wrap you up in a fuzzy warm blanket of love and community. Then scare the shit out of you if you try to leave it. It's a cult thing.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2011, 04:54 PM
What sucks is that scare tactics are more effective with the uninformed. People who are willing to listen to a sermon and follow it's teachings will believe these things if supported by their church. If only literacy and knowledge were as effective.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
— Christopher Hitchens