Scared and depressed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 11:16 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
RE: Scared and depressed
psychiatrists can be the key to living a good life rather than a miserable existence.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
03-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Hey Flowergurl, hope your feeling a teeny bit better today.

You really are not alone with depression on this forum. There are a lot of people who have spoke out about it, myself included.

Everyone who has posted in here has been right about you going back to the doctor. If the doc prescribes you anti-depressants then take them. They can give you the boost needed until you get to see a councilor again. It is a shame that your previous councilor didn't have the patience with you in the first place, its not as if you can easily catergorise people and some need longer than others. You know yourself from the time you did spend talking through your problems that it can help... and it can help again. This time though you are in a position to explain that you may need to take longer in talking things through, that you do not wish to be rushed nor feel like you are.

If ever you need to talk you can PM me. I won't judge you nor think anything you have to say is trivial, because it all counts. I'd rather you wrote you thoughts and feelings down here in this thread, just so you can get more positive feedback off of others, but again, if you need to PM then please don't hesitate.

Id like to read some of your writing if you wish to share?

Things can get better and they will get better, its just at the moment you have not seen the solution. You will though Yes

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
03-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Hello Flowergurl,

I've been there, i know how you feel. Being an introvert myself and having dealt with depression and other mental health issues I feel for you. I would encourage you to use the online community here to develop some relationships, I'm new here but I feel like this is a good place to connect with like-minded people who care and who you can talk to.
I would encourage you to keep getting professional help as well
*hugs*

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 2 users Like djkamilo's post
03-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Thank you everyone! I am feeling better today. I know it must seem like i am depressed just in the winter but a year ago i was very depressed in the summer. It is just that i had so many changes during this summer so i was happier. I walk to work and back home every day so i get enough sun... but maybe i really do need a change from my job. I seem to hate routine and that can trigger depression along with failed friendships or stressful relationships. I will definitely seek out another therapist and also a doctor if i even come close to hurting myself again. I appreciate all of your support and good advice. There's a party tonight, we may be doing mdma so it will be nice to feel a high. Ill just take half a pill just in case... but its been lightening my mood just looking forward to it.
[+] 5 users Like Flowergurl's post
03-12-2013, 01:33 PM
you might want to see the doc now…..rather than wait till crisis hits……you are calmer and not as anxious and can discuss your issues better. It also gives them a chance to see you in a 'normal for you' mode.

prevent the next crisis with treatment now, rather than waiting for it to rear its ugly head and then trying to battle it.

best of thoughts to you.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 6 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
03-12-2013, 01:37 PM
(03-12-2013 01:33 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  you might want to see the doc now…..rather than wait till crisis hits……you are calmer and not as anxious and can discuss your issues better. It also gives them a chance to see you in a 'normal for you' mode.

prevent the next crisis with treatment now, rather than waiting for it to rear its ugly head and then trying to battle it.

best of thoughts to you.

Totally agree with this. It would be really good to go see someone now. This is a reoccurring pattern in your life and it's not just going to go away. When you're in the middle of a major depressive episode, it's also really hard to force yourself to get help because you have no energy or drive, so to do it when you're feeling a little better would definitely be the best option.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes QueenTit's post
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Much of my depression involved wanting solitude and an avoidance of people, not the chummy great need for people, at all....
Anti dep meds can help, but you may need to be patient, as it is 'horses for courses'.
Therapy such as CBT helps some people.

I attend AA meetings, where a lot of disturbed folk, not only alcohol, get to share their problems in a non confronting way.

All good wishes!

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks, you're right. I will go see someone soon. My two days off start tomorrow so that should be the opportune time. I never want to go through what I went through last night and the other two nights. It seemed to get worse, too.

I know what you mean, Mr. Woof. A lot of my depression is actually because I generally prefer solitude most days, but I also want to know that I have a connection with people when I do feel like hanging out or going out. I get so frustrated trying to keep a balance. I feel trapped when I want to write or blog and my coworkers ask me to come out for a big night... then sometimes they think I'm being boring and it stresses me out. Other times, I am not so inspired and want human interaction. Balance sounds simple but it's hard to do when you're a moody creative person. But I suppose therapy can help me figure things out better.

I appreciate all your support, and to those who said I can contact them if I need help, thanks so much. I will likely message you in a few days just for some support and to connect. I'll be alone for 4 days since my roomies are going on vacation and the thought is a little scary.
[+] 2 users Like Flowergurl's post
04-12-2013, 09:35 PM
(03-12-2013 05:28 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  ...
I'll be alone for 4 days since my roomies are going on vacation and the thought is a little scary.

Erm... if I can interject for a moment with some non-empathetic problem-solving (I'm a guy, what would you expect?)...

I think your love of parties and the above statement indicate that you might not be an introvert (in the true sense) but perhaps might be a shy extrovert and this is causing some dissonance within you.

An introvert can't wait for their roomies to fuck off and leave them alone.

Try the Myers Briggs test http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp and see what comes out.

Cheers

05-12-2013, 09:03 AM
(03-12-2013 05:28 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Thanks, you're right. I will go see someone soon. My two days off start tomorrow so that should be the opportune time. I never want to go through what I went through last night and the other two nights. It seemed to get worse, too.

I know what you mean, Mr. Woof. A lot of my depression is actually because I generally prefer solitude most days, but I also want to know that I have a connection with people when I do feel like hanging out or going out. I get so frustrated trying to keep a balance. I feel trapped when I want to write or blog and my coworkers ask me to come out for a big night... then sometimes they think I'm being boring and it stresses me out. Other times, I am not so inspired and want human interaction. Balance sounds simple but it's hard to do when you're a moody creative person. But I suppose therapy can help me figure things out better.

I appreciate all your support, and to those who said I can contact them if I need help, thanks so much. I will likely message you in a few days just for some support and to connect. I'll be alone for 4 days since my roomies are going on vacation and the thought is a little scary.

Was just checking back in to see how you're doing today.
You're gotten some really good advice IMHO in this thread. And you sound a bit better which is great. Hang in there. Depression can be a dangerous thing. Please don't toy with it.

feel better

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post