Scared and depressed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: Scared and depressed
(04-12-2013 09:35 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 05:28 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  ...
I'll be alone for 4 days since my roomies are going on vacation and the thought is a little scary.

Erm... if I can interject for a moment with some non-empathetic problem-solving (I'm a guy, what would you expect?)...

I think your love of parties and the above statement indicate that you might not be an introvert (in the true sense) but perhaps might be a shy extrovert and this is causing some dissonance within you.

An introvert can't wait for their roomies to fuck off and leave them alone.

Try the Myers Briggs test http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp and see what comes out.

Cheers

did you know that problem solving skills are a female thing too? Wink

I am an introvert through and through, and this partying thing is something I do once per week most weeks to get out and connect. Most days I prefer to be alone to write and think. I was scared to be alone because of my self harm tendencies. I've never been upset at having time to myself for a few days. That said, I think the wiring time will channel my negative feelings to creativity rather than depressing thoughts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Flowergurl's post
05-12-2013, 10:32 AM
(05-12-2013 09:03 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 05:28 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Thanks, you're right. I will go see someone soon. My two days off start tomorrow so that should be the opportune time. I never want to go through what I went through last night and the other two nights. It seemed to get worse, too.

I know what you mean, Mr. Woof. A lot of my depression is actually because I generally prefer solitude most days, but I also want to know that I have a connection with people when I do feel like hanging out or going out. I get so frustrated trying to keep a balance. I feel trapped when I want to write or blog and my coworkers ask me to come out for a big night... then sometimes they think I'm being boring and it stresses me out. Other times, I am not so inspired and want human interaction. Balance sounds simple but it's hard to do when you're a moody creative person. But I suppose therapy can help me figure things out better.

I appreciate all your support, and to those who said I can contact them if I need help, thanks so much. I will likely message you in a few days just for some support and to connect. I'll be alone for 4 days since my roomies are going on vacation and the thought is a little scary.

Was just checking back in to see how you're doing today.
You're gotten some really good advice IMHO in this thread. And you sound a bit better which is great. Hang in there. Depression can be a dangerous thing. Please don't toy with it.

feel better

you're right, it isn't something to toy with. Thanks for checking in. I do feel better, when I was afraid I might feel worse today with my one room mate leaving forever to keep travelling and the other two going away after another (maybe mistakenly) intimate encounter with the one. I think writing is the best self help I can give myself... and walking outside. Smile I will be sure to get professional help as well. As it is clearly needed.
[+] 1 user Likes Flowergurl's post
05-12-2013, 10:33 AM
giiirrrlll i PMd you!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes QueenTit's post
05-12-2013, 10:39 AM
(05-12-2013 10:33 AM)QueenTit Wrote:  giiirrrlll i PMd you!
Thank you dear. <3
13-12-2013, 11:53 AM
(03-12-2013 03:03 AM)sporehux Wrote:  As above ........ plus
Keep talking/typing about it, bouncing thoughts inside your head is not good.

See if there are any community night courses around, oil painting , pottery etc.

Yes, a diary can be very therapeutic. I tried it once, helped me.
That way you can literally close the book on 'it' at the end of the day.
Also, if you can read back what you wrote you remember things, feelings, perspectives that might have changed.

Please don't cut yourself.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
23-01-2014, 10:57 PM
(13-12-2013 11:53 AM)Caveman Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 03:03 AM)sporehux Wrote:  As above ........ plus
Keep talking/typing about it, bouncing thoughts inside your head is not good.

See if there are any community night courses around, oil painting , pottery etc.

Yes, a diary can be very therapeutic. I tried it once, helped me.
That way you can literally close the book on 'it' at the end of the day.
Also, if you can read back what you wrote you remember things, feelings, perspectives that might have changed.

Please don't cut yourself.
I took your advice and ive been keeping a diary. Smile i am sorry for not posting an update sooner. I was bad and didn't see a doctor until last week. My depression started giving me celiac type symptoms. It was ruining my body. Someone mentioned before that I wouldnt have the energy to go see someone if i waited and they werent kidding. Never been so tired and down in my life. But I finally got meds! Started the first dosage tonight. It will be nice to get some energy back and not want to die every few days... I'm seeing a psychiatric counsellor in two weeks for therapy. It can only get better right? Thanks to all for caring and supporting me!
[+] 2 users Like Flowergurl's post
23-01-2014, 11:02 PM
(03-12-2013 07:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  Hey Flowergurl, hope your feeling a teeny bit better today.

You really are not alone with depression on this forum. There are a lot of people who have spoke out about it, myself included.

Everyone who has posted in here has been right about you going back to the doctor. If the doc prescribes you anti-depressants then take them. They can give you the boost needed until you get to see a councilor again. It is a shame that your previous councilor didn't have the patience with you in the first place, its not as if you can easily catergorise people and some need longer than others. You know yourself from the time you did spend talking through your problems that it can help... and it can help again. This time though you are in a position to explain that you may need to take longer in talking things through, that you do not wish to be rushed nor feel like you are.

If ever you need to talk you can PM me. I won't judge you nor think anything you have to say is trivial, because it all counts. I'd rather you wrote you thoughts and feelings down here in this thread, just so you can get more positive feedback off of others, but again, if you need to PM then please don't hesitate.

Id like to read some of your writing if you wish to share?

Things can get better and they will get better, its just at the moment you have not seen the solution. You will though Yes

Thank you! Also thanks for saying you would like to read my writing... it's dark but you may like it. I agree that its better to take antidepressants especially with such a long wait to see a counsellor.
23-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Hang in there!
Hug

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
24-01-2014, 09:33 AM
(23-01-2014 11:07 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Hang in there!
Hug

Thank you!
24-01-2014, 09:39 AM
(24-01-2014 09:33 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 11:07 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Hang in there!
Hug

Thank you!

How are you ? Doing ok?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.