Scared and depressed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2014, 10:15 PM
RE: Scared and depressed
(25-01-2014 09:33 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 03:44 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Of course Smile

I also just posted a bad movies thread that should cheer anyone up Laugh out load

Haha. Loved it! Thanks. Left behind. Haha

There's plenty of bad movies on there now lol, I just added new one Smile

The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
19-02-2014, 10:46 PM
It really sucks because I had to go on sedatives in order to combat the anxiety I got from the antidepressants... so I can barely stay awake past 10. If that. It's only short term but I'm already missing out on so many events because of it... that in itself is starting to depress me. To make matters worse, i've explained why I can't go out until I'm off the sedatives but people still ask anyway... and then tonight my one room mate said she and my other room mate are leaving 9 days later. Yeah thanks for the guilt trip... i do feel guilty and stressed now but I have a therapy session tomorrow which should help... sigh. I'm going to get through this.
19-02-2014, 11:00 PM
(19-02-2014 10:46 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  It really sucks because I had to go on sedatives in order to combat the anxiety I got from the antidepressants... so I can barely stay awake past 10. If that. It's only short term but I'm already missing out on so many events because of it... that in itself is starting to depress me. To make matters worse, i've explained why I can't go out until I'm off the sedatives but people still ask anyway... and then tonight my one room mate said she and my other room mate are leaving 9 days later. Yeah thanks for the guilt trip... i do feel guilty and stressed now but I have a therapy session tomorrow which should help... sigh. I'm going to get through this.

Hug

~Jiddu Krishnamurti
20-02-2014, 11:23 AM
(19-02-2014 11:00 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 10:46 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  It really sucks because I had to go on sedatives in order to combat the anxiety I got from the antidepressants... so I can barely stay awake past 10. If that. It's only short term but I'm already missing out on so many events because of it... that in itself is starting to depress me. To make matters worse, i've explained why I can't go out until I'm off the sedatives but people still ask anyway... and then tonight my one room mate said she and my other room mate are leaving 9 days later. Yeah thanks for the guilt trip... i do feel guilty and stressed now but I have a therapy session tomorrow which should help... sigh. I'm going to get through this.

Hug

Thanks Smile
20-02-2014, 11:34 AM
(20-02-2014 11:23 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  
(19-02-2014 11:00 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Hug

Thanks Smile

Of course Smile
Any time, we (out at least I lol) am here Hug

~Jiddu Krishnamurti
20-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Thanks Smile

Flowergurl, I've read through the thread and hope you are doing better. One of my daughters went through severe depression. It was so bad it got to the point that she was starting to hallucinate. I couldn't get her out of her room and had to physically almost pick her up to get her to her to go to a psychologist. She was 18 at the time. It turned out she was hiding something from us. She was transgender and trying to keep it to herself.

She started taking Cymbalta for depression, an anti psychotic for the hallucinations and Zanex for panic attacks. Cymbalta gave her side effects so she switched to Pristiq. Almost immediately after she started taking female hormones everything improved. She is now off of the anti-psychotics and Zanex and now takes only the Pristiq. She has transitioned (originally a boy) and is starting a new life.

I'm only telling you this because it shows how deeply someone can fall and still come back. It hasn't been easy for her but with our support and a lot of therapy she is doing great. She will start back to college in the fall.

I think everyone goes through transitions in their life (with our daughter it just happened to be her gender) but it's always difficult no matter. What I know for sure is that therapy helps. Friends help too and know this; online friends count as friends!!!

Keep posting. Let us know how you're doing. HugHeart

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Oy oy, Flowergurl!

Just found this lil' thread of yours (thanks to dancefortwo's recent reply) and read through it. It is rather troubling to read all you're dealing with but at the same time, I'm so glad you found whatever courage or need for help that caused you to post. If you're anything like me, it's not easy to tell people what you feel, let alone ask for help. It's really a scary thing, especially if you, like me, are afraid that once you cry out for help, no one would put the effort in even acknowledging you made a sound. But I'm glad you did and I'm even happier that you clearly have many people that encouragement and support you through your difficulties.

Hmm... lemme see if I got advise for you so I'm not just taking up room. Pretty sure it's nothing no one else didn't say. I'd say keep listening to these people and keep seeking help. These guys seem pretty smart and I'd say from reading along that listening to them is working for you so far. Be sure to try to smile and find something to laugh at. Sometimes laughing at something stupid helps more than it feels like it should. Above everything else, I'll tell you what I always tell myself when I get depressed and all I want to do is marinade in my self pity. Don't sink the boat that you built to keep afloat. Yeah, I stole that from Flogging Molly. But it's what you gotta do. Whether it's writing, drawing, running, talking to people, whatever keeps you going, keep doing it. Don't sink the boat that you built to keep afloat. Don't drown out at sea.

If you need someone to talk to and I seem fitting to talk to, I'll listen. I'll try to help if you need help or just shut my mouth if you need someone to rant at and just nod. I'll do my best. It's all I can do. Much love Heart
Oh, and if you need a pick-me-up and like cute things (like kittens, hamsters, and chicks) , I'd say Parry Grip is your man. I assume he's a man.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
22-02-2014, 08:57 PM

Thanks Smile

How are you doing Flowergurl? How are you feeling?

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
(20-02-2014 06:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 11:23 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Thanks Smile

Flowergurl, I've read through the thread and hope you are doing better. One of my daughters went through severe depression. It was so bad it got to the point that she was starting to hallucinate. I couldn't get her out of her room and had to physically almost pick her up to get her to her to go to a psychologist. She was 18 at the time. It turned out she was hiding something from us. She was transgender and trying to keep it to herself.

She started taking Cymbalta for depression, an anti psychotic for the hallucinations and Zanex for panic attacks. Cymbalta gave her side effects so she switched to Pristiq. Almost immediately after she started taking female hormones everything improved. She is now off of the anti-psychotics and Zanex and now takes only the Pristiq. She has transitioned (originally a boy) and is starting a new life.

I'm only telling you this because it shows how deeply someone can fall and still come back. It hasn't been easy for her but with our support and a lot of therapy she is doing great. She will start back to college in the fall.

I think everyone goes through transitions in their life (with our daughter it just happened to be her gender) but it's always difficult no matter. What I know for sure is that therapy helps. Friends help too and know this; online friends count as friends!!!

Keep posting. Let us know how you're doing. HugHeart

Hi there! And thank you for sharing the story about your daughter's depression. It must have been so scary for her, to be keeping the secret while hallucinating and being very depressed as well. I am glad to hear that she did well after therapy and with your support. I'm always happy to hear about someone else who suffered from depression and came out of it. It must have been a very difficult life transition for her in the beginning.

Aw and you're right - online friends also count as friends. Smile I don't have very many here at the moment - I lost a lot of support from people over the past couple of months since the meds have made me so tired and I want to go out only once per week at the most which isn't enough for them. It's bad enough being an introvert but now I have this extreme fatigue to battle through because of meds... but I'm going to try to workout and increase my energy, as the doctor recommended. Smile

Again I appreciate your reply and encouragement. Sorry, I need to log in here more often!
02-03-2014, 08:54 PM
(20-02-2014 09:09 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Oy oy, Flowergurl!

Just found this lil' thread of yours (thanks to dancefortwo's recent reply) and read through it. It is rather troubling to read all you're dealing with but at the same time, I'm so glad you found whatever courage or need for help that caused you to post. If you're anything like me, it's not easy to tell people what you feel, let alone ask for help. It's really a scary thing, especially if you, like me, are afraid that once you cry out for help, no one would put the effort in even acknowledging you made a sound. But I'm glad you did and I'm even happier that you clearly have many people that encouragement and support you through your difficulties.

Hmm... lemme see if I got advise for you so I'm not just taking up room. Pretty sure it's nothing no one else didn't say. I'd say keep listening to these people and keep seeking help. These guys seem pretty smart and I'd say from reading along that listening to them is working for you so far. Be sure to try to smile and find something to laugh at. Sometimes laughing at something stupid helps more than it feels like it should. Above everything else, I'll tell you what I always tell myself when I get depressed and all I want to do is marinade in my self pity. Don't sink the boat that you built to keep afloat. Yeah, I stole that from Flogging Molly. But it's what you gotta do. Whether it's writing, drawing, running, talking to people, whatever keeps you going, keep doing it. Don't sink the boat that you built to keep afloat. Don't drown out at sea.

If you need someone to talk to and I seem fitting to talk to, I'll listen. I'll try to help if you need help or just shut my mouth if you need someone to rant at and just nod. I'll do my best. It's all I can do. Much love Heart
Oh, and if you need a pick-me-up and like cute things (like kittens, hamsters, and chicks) , I'd say Parry Grip is your man. I assume he's a man.

Thank you for offering your support and also for saying you'll talk to me if I need someone to speak to about this. I like that line you used from Flogging Molly - it's very true. Don't sink while we're out in the deep sea. Very true.

You're so right about laughing - today on my walk home from work, my coworkers and I kicked this frozen ball of shit all the way home and it was so stupid it was hilarious - and I felt pretty good during and after. I can't believe I'm admitting that I did this, but it was so random and funny.