Scared and depressed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: Scared and depressed
(22-02-2014 08:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 11:23 AM)Flowergurl Wrote:  Thanks Smile

How are you doing Flowergurl? How are you feeling?

Hi! Thanks so much for checking in. Overall, I am better. The suicidal and self harm thoughts have been gone for a couple of weeks. The doctor increased my dosage for the antidepressants and I am off the sedatives so I hope that I won't feel as tired in the coming days. Therapy has helped in combination with the meds, so I will continue to do this. I do want to be off antidepressants by the summer, which is apparently the best time to stop taking them because, of course, more time outdoors and nicer weather to lift one's spirits.

What I really need to do is find my own place to live in - free of room mates - and that alone will help me relax and feel more content. I've realized that my home has to be a haven that I can rely on - not a random house of hyper room mates and all that jazz.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Flowergurl's post
03-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Keep up the good work Smile We're all rootin' for ya.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Don't be in a rush to get off the meds....if they help-then stick with it. Your first post mentioned that you get help, feel good, go off meds, feel like shit. Break the circle-stay on the feel good side- stay on the meds.

there's really no need to come off them unless you are getting a side effect that is unpleasant and many times switching meds will help.

don't go off just because you are feeling better, because it probably won't last.

pray in one hand and spit in the other, see which hand fills up first.
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
03-03-2014, 05:13 PM
(03-03-2014 06:17 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Don't be in a rush to get off the meds....if they help-then stick with it. Your first post mentioned that you get help, feel good, go off meds, feel like shit. Break the circle-stay on the feel good side- stay on the meds.

there's really no need to come off them unless you are getting a side effect that is unpleasant and many times switching meds will help.

don't go off just because you are feeling better, because it probably won't last.

Yes it is something I need to be aware of - it will be my own mind without drugs once they're out of my system and the depression might be just as strong, but if I do decide to go off them then I will increase therapy sessions and make sure I stick to physical exercise, which is said to help depression quite a bit. But yes if I'm feeling amazing on the meds, I will stay on them longer than the summer. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Flowergurl's post