Scariest Religion Scene

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Scariest Religion Scene
What is the scariest religion scene or scenes you've ever watched?

For me, it was in the movie The Mist (2007 sci fi/ horror).

There is a religious character named Mrs. Carmody who believes the events of the film are armageddon. As things progressively get worse, she convinces more and more of the survivors to believe as she does and that she is some kind of divine messenger. She ends up becoming the defacto leader and even leads a sacrifice before being shot in the head.

I always thought the actor played her really well. I think what it made it so scary for me, is that a religious leader using fear to convince the masses to murder isn't hypothetical or unheard of. But anyway, thats my scariest religious scene.

What's yours?

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes =jesse='s post
03-03-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: Scariest Religion Scene
This one is scary in the sense that some people actually believe this garbage, but it's also the most hilarious religious vignette I've seen: the "rapture death" from the TV series "Six Feet Under," each episode of which began with a death.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
04-03-2014, 07:00 AM
RE: Scariest Religion Scene
I don't know if I'd call it "scary" but a rather disturbing one I saw was in the flashback in Silent Hill where the girl is suspended above the coals in the metal cage, and the resulting scene when something goes wrong.