Scariest movie ever when you were a kid?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Video Scariest movie ever when you were a kid?
This has probably been a thread in the past but I can't find anything like it so I thought I'd start a new thread. What's the stupidist, scariest movie you ever saw when you were growing up? Something that kept you up at night. Shocking

We didn't have a TV until I was about 12 so I never experienced scary movies on TV but one afternoon when I was about 13 I saw this movie on the old timey movie chanel called The Crawling Hand and I couldn't sleep for days. It's probably the most ridiculous movie ever. I can't believe it scared me so much. It's really embarrassing. Blush

Laugh out load Get a load of this!

For days I kept looking under my bed to make sure there was no detatched hand crawling around.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-08-2018, 04:57 PM
RE: Scariest movie ever when you were a kid?
Off the top of my head, either The Omen or The Exorcist. I was underage for the Exorcist and forbidden to go see it but, let's face it, the person at the ticket window really didn't care enough to card me so in I went. Then I couldn't admit it was causing nightmares because I wasn't supposed to have seen it.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
12-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Vincent Price started in "The Last Man On Earth", a forgotten classic. Zombies years before "Night of the Living Dead." Amazon has the DVD for $5.99.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2018, 05:26 PM
It was some movie (on TV) where a guy had grown to giant size and then gone on an insane rampage, as one does. Some scientists had put an antidote into a huge, almost human-sized syringe. They tried to stick the giant with it, but they missed and then the giant picked the needle up and pinned one of the scientists to the ground with it. Stabbed him straight through the abdomen.

It was absolutely horrifying to me.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
12-08-2018, 05:43 PM
I didn't really go for scary movies but did watch The Twilight Zone series on TV.

I am pretty sure it on that series that there was an episode where someone had a bug (an earwig or something) crawl into their ear. The doctor couldn't get it out and said the bug would eat it's way through and out the other ear. The victim was bound to a bed to deal with it and was screaming in pain, creeped out, half insane...and the bug finally emerged from the other ear...there was a moment of relief that it was over only to be told it was a female and had laid eggs in their brain.

If I don't recall all the details correctly it's because it was over 40 years ago that I saw it...but I have always remembered the gist of the story.

<shudder>

Crap...now I feel like I need another shower.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-08-2018, 05:45 PM
(12-08-2018 05:26 PM)julep Wrote:  It was some movie (on TV) where a guy had grown to giant size and then gone on an insane rampage, as one does. Some scientists had put an antidote into a huge, almost human-sized syringe. They tried to stick the giant with it, but they missed and then the giant picked the needle up and pinned one of the scientists to the ground with it. Stabbed him straight through the abdomen.

It was absolutely horrifying to me.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050118/
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
12-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Let's not forget "The Tingler"!

The Tingler, Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWVeuVyShnE
12-08-2018, 05:55 PM
The Pit and the Pendulum starring Vincent Price.
12-08-2018, 06:03 PM
(12-08-2018 05:55 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  The Pit and the Pendulum starring Vincent Price.
On Prime Video for $2.99.
12-08-2018, 06:17 PM
"The Day the Earth Stood Still"

I made sure I learned the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto"......... just in case.

No gods necessary.
[+] 1 user Likes brunumb's post