Scariest movies you've ever seen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 12:24 PM
RE: Scariest movies you've ever seen.
(23-08-2014 06:06 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  When I was a kid, my dad taught highschool biology and was friends with another teacher who also owned a movie theater. So my mom, whom I tease today over doing this, had the bright idea, me being 7 or 8 took me to see Jaws. HOLLY FUCKING SHIT did I have nightmares. To this day I cannot even wade in the ocean without freaking out if something touches my foot. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING MOM? He he.....

The flying monkeys of the Wizard of Oz also scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Yeah, Jaws got to me too. It still gives me the heeby-jeebies to get into a natural body of water.

I found the movie Paranormal Activity a bit unsettling, what with the supernatural things messing with you while you were asleep in the bed. After the first one, it just became formulaic and boring.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-08-2014, 12:26 PM
(23-08-2014 02:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Se7en

[Image: se7en-movie-poster.jpg]

Saw it once, scared me off of the whole genre. Not even the combined power of Brad Pitt, Morgan Freem, and Kevin Spacey could get me to watch that again.

There has to be another word for this movie other than scary.

I also could never watch it again - OMG - it was painful to sit through. ICK! Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2014, 12:35 PM
(24-08-2014 12:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 02:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Se7en

[Image: se7en-movie-poster.jpg]

Saw it once, scared me off of the whole genre. Not even the combined power of Brad Pitt, Morgan Freem, and Kevin Spacey could get me to watch that again.

There has to be another word for this movie other than scary.

I also could never watch it again - OMG - it was painful to sit through. ICK! Sadcryface

I like that movie.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
24-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(24-08-2014 12:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There has to be another word for this movie other than scary.

I like that movie.

Oh - we are so not friends anymore...

...you know you can't be friends with someone you disagree with. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2014, 12:39 PM
(24-08-2014 12:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There has to be another word for this movie other than scary.

I like that movie.

Agreed, Kevin spacy was amazing!!! One of my favorites, haven't watched it in a while, might have to pop it in.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
24-08-2014, 12:40 PM
(24-08-2014 12:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  I like that movie.

Agreed, Kevin spacy was amazing!!! One of my favorites, haven't watched it in a while, might have to pop it in.

Bechased

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
24-08-2014, 12:40 PM
My best friends are the ones I argue with the most. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-08-2014, 12:43 PM
(24-08-2014 12:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  I like that movie.

The part with him in the backseat of the car is super creepy. Love that kind of stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-08-2014, 12:57 PM
I can't usually watch the really scary movies - I saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake for the midnight opening. As I was waking up the following morning, I thought he was stabbing my sheets with a knife. I also saw the first Saw in the theatre - it made me nauseous.

Granted, I've seen enough real life gore at this point that I don't know if those movies would affect me like they did in my late teens/early twenties. Not sure if I want to find out - my recurring nightmare of being skinned alive is finally gone.

Not really scary, but my favorite in more of the thriller genre is Mr. Brooks.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
24-08-2014, 01:00 PM
(24-08-2014 12:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Agreed, Kevin spacy was amazing!!! One of my favorites, haven't watched it in a while, might have to pop it in.
Kevin Spacey is amazing in every movie (and TV show). Yes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post