Scariest movies you've ever seen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 01:18 PM
RE: Scariest movies you've ever seen.
(24-08-2014 12:24 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 06:06 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  When I was a kid, my dad taught highschool biology and was friends with another teacher who also owned a movie theater. So my mom, whom I tease today over doing this, had the bright idea, me being 7 or 8 took me to see Jaws. HOLLY FUCKING SHIT did I have nightmares. To this day I cannot even wade in the ocean without freaking out if something touches my foot. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING MOM? He he.....

The flying monkeys of the Wizard of Oz also scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Yeah, Jaws got to me too. It still gives me the heeby-jeebies to get into a natural body of water.

I found the movie Paranormal Activity a bit unsettling, what with the supernatural things messing with you while you were asleep in the bed. After the first one, it just became formulaic and boring.

I do not mind movies that are so far out it is obvious, but I hate movies like this because idiots will treat them as possible like watching documentaries.

X-Files was another show I fucking hated because I would see people watch it and think it was more than just a TV show.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2014, 01:30 PM
(24-08-2014 01:18 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:24 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Yeah, Jaws got to me too. It still gives me the heeby-jeebies to get into a natural body of water.

I found the movie Paranormal Activity a bit unsettling, what with the supernatural things messing with you while you were asleep in the bed. After the first one, it just became formulaic and boring.

I do not mind movies that are so far out it is obvious, but I hate movies like this because idiots will treat them as possible like watching documentaries.

X-Files was another show I fucking hated because I would see people watch it and think it was more than just a TV show.

I liked X-Files. I always thought they were making fun of CT's in a backhanded way.
Find all posts by this user
24-08-2014, 02:39 PM
When I was a kid I saw The Time Machine - I was scared shitless at the sight of the underground creatures call Morlocks. I had many sleepless nights.

I also saw Jaws when I was a kid. Watched a few scenes with my eyes covered by my hand.

Alien kept me on the edge of my seat. Great film.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
24-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Horror movies are too often just cheesy to me. I liked the fun that Rob Zombie had with his movies, he wasn't trying to be serious, just entertaining, but managed to come across creepy as fuck.
Se7en was just a great movie all around, suspenseful, thrilling and shot well. Not even mentioning the actors, which were great of course. Seen it way too many times, love it.

I haven't truthfully seen a horror movie lately that was worth a damn. The Saw movies were crap, and the Paranormal Activity movies put me to sleep. I think the only movie I've ever watched that I wouldn't watch again because it disturbed me is The Strangers. Not so much because it scared me, but the murder scene at the end is so slow and disgustingly horrifying that I simply don't care to ever watch it again. Well done, I guess.

One I would recommend if you're in the mood for a good horror romp is The Cabin in the Woods. It starts out okay, turns to complete cheese about 1/4 of the way through but right when you're about to turn it off it goes so full tilt horror retard that by the end of it you're cheering on every stupidly cheesy thing that happens and it ends up being an oddly satisfying movie.

But yeah, if we're talking true horror genre Rob Zombie takes it with House of 100 Corpses and Devil's Rejects.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
26-08-2014, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 08:03 AM by earmuffs.)
(24-08-2014 12:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 02:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Se7en

[Image: se7en-movie-poster.jpg]

Saw it once, scared me off of the whole genre. Not even the combined power of Brad Pitt, Morgan Freem, and Kevin Spacey could get me to watch that again.

There has to be another word for this movie other than scary.

I also could never watch it again - OMG - it was painful to sit through. ICK! Sadcryface

How bad can it be?

Quote:Horror movies are too often just cheesy to me. I liked the fun that Rob Zombie had with his movies, he wasn't trying to be serious, just entertaining, but managed to come across creepy as fuck.
Se7en was just a great movie all around, suspenseful, thrilling and shot well. Not even mentioning the actors, which were great of course. Seen it way too many times, love it.

I haven't truthfully seen a horror movie lately that was worth a damn. The Saw movies were crap, and the Paranormal Activity movies put me to sleep. I think the only movie I've ever watched that I wouldn't watch again because it disturbed me is The Strangers. Not so much because it scared me, but the murder scene at the end is so slow and disgustingly horrifying that I simply don't care to ever watch it again. Well done, I guess.

One I would recommend if you're in the mood for a good horror romp is The Cabin in the Woods. It starts out okay, turns to complete cheese about 1/4 of the way through but right when you're about to turn it off it goes so full tilt horror retard that by the end of it you're cheering on every stupidly cheesy thing that happens and it ends up being an oddly satisfying movie.

But yeah, if we're talking true horror genre Rob Zombie takes it with House of 100 Corpses and Devil's Rejects.

Nothing like the classics eh?
I'm not to fond of movies like Saw that are just gross and yea Paranormal Activity put me to sleep too.
I think something like Seven or 1408 has the potential to scare me shitless though. I find serial killers and mind games far more scary than fictional monsters.
Sort of like Insidious, I really enjoyed that movie but it wasn't scary at all because, well, demons just aren't scary.

So far on my list of to watch I have:
Seven
The Conjuring
Sinister
The Cabin in the Woods
House of a couple or so Corpses.
Devil's Rejects

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-08-2014, 08:27 AM
In addition to 1408, I would also recommend you to watch The Shining and No Country for Old Men.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
26-08-2014, 04:43 PM
(26-08-2014 08:27 AM)Vosur Wrote:  In addition to 1408, I would also recommend you to watch The Shining and No Country for Old Men.

No Country for Old Men was really good!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-08-2014, 12:42 AM
(24-08-2014 03:15 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Horror movies are too often just cheesy to me. I liked the fun that Rob Zombie had with his movies, he wasn't trying to be serious, just entertaining, but managed to come across creepy as fuck.

Although I haven't seen it, maybe try Rob Zombie's The Lords of Salem?

The first part is Oblivion, The Lords of Salem discussion/review starts about 14 minutes in.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Just finished watching Seven.
Turns out I've already seen it. Also turns out to not be scary at all, not even a little bit.
I'm hoping for better luck tomorrow with 1408.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-08-2014, 05:18 AM
(27-08-2014 04:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Also turns out to not be scary at all, not even a little bit.
I second that. Seven is an excellent movie, but not a scary one.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post