Scariest movies you've ever seen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2014, 07:14 AM
RE: Scariest movies you've ever seen.
Jurassic Park is the closest I get to scary.

(24-08-2014 03:15 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  One I would recommend if you're in the mood for a good horror romp is The Cabin in the Woods. It starts out okay, turns to complete cheese about 1/4 of the way through but right when you're about to turn it off it goes so full tilt horror retard that by the end of it you're cheering on every stupidly cheesy thing that happens and it ends up being an oddly satisfying movie.

I think that's the only movie actually labeled horror I've watched. It was good, but I didn't think it was very scary. They play a lot of it for laughs, and it kind of sucks the scariness from it.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I dunno...

Stuff with monsters, zombies and ghosts don't scare me much... It's just latex and CGI after all.

Slashers are boring and just make your arse cheeks clench a bit.

If anything it'd have to be something I'd seen as a kid... But I don't remember anything specific.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2014, 02:15 PM
(26-08-2014 07:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There has to be another word for this movie other than scary.

I also could never watch it again - OMG - it was painful to sit through. ICK! Sadcryface

How bad can it be?

Quote:Horror movies are too often just cheesy to me. I liked the fun that Rob Zombie had with his movies, he wasn't trying to be serious, just entertaining, but managed to come across creepy as fuck.
Se7en was just a great movie all around, suspenseful, thrilling and shot well. Not even mentioning the actors, which were great of course. Seen it way too many times, love it.

I haven't truthfully seen a horror movie lately that was worth a damn. The Saw movies were crap, and the Paranormal Activity movies put me to sleep. I think the only movie I've ever watched that I wouldn't watch again because it disturbed me is The Strangers. Not so much because it scared me, but the murder scene at the end is so slow and disgustingly horrifying that I simply don't care to ever watch it again. Well done, I guess.

One I would recommend if you're in the mood for a good horror romp is The Cabin in the Woods. It starts out okay, turns to complete cheese about 1/4 of the way through but right when you're about to turn it off it goes so full tilt horror retard that by the end of it you're cheering on every stupidly cheesy thing that happens and it ends up being an oddly satisfying movie.

But yeah, if we're talking true horror genre Rob Zombie takes it with House of 100 Corpses and Devil's Rejects.

Nothing like the classics eh?
I'm not to fond of movies like Saw that are just gross and yea Paranormal Activity put me to sleep too.
I think something like Seven or 1408 has the potential to scare me shitless though. I find serial killers and mind games far more scary than fictional monsters.
Sort of like Insidious, I really enjoyed that movie but it wasn't scary at all because, well, demons just aren't scary.

So far on my list of to watch I have:
Seven
The Conjuring
Sinister
The Cabin in the Woods
House of a couple or so Corpses.
Devil's Rejects

Seven - not at all scary - decent movie - mildly disturbing at most
1408 - I liked the concepts - executed with varying success - some creepy parts
The Conjuring - haven't seen it
Sinister - haven't seen it, but I enjoyed Insideous even if it wasn't terrifying
The Cabin in the Woods - this was a decent comedy horror
House of a couple or so Corpses - OK movie, not scary
Devil's Rejects - I really like this movie, but its in no way scary
01-09-2014, 02:16 PM
(26-08-2014 08:27 AM)Vosur Wrote:  In addition to 1408, I would also recommend you to watch The Shining and No Country for Old Men.

Those are fantastic movies. I enjoy those kind of characters that are believable and terrifying.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
01-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Glitter, hands down the scariest movie you will ever see. Someone made this and thought it was good. That should scare you to your bones.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-09-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't get jumpy.
I never genuinely fear a situation or character.

What I look for is that sinking feeling. That realization that puts my heart in my stomach. And right now I can't think of any particular movies that do that.

As an example (maybe not the scariest): In doctor who, when Pond is investigating the old asylum and a flash of lightning shows markings all over her body, and you realize the silence is near.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
01-09-2014, 02:29 PM
(01-09-2014 02:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I never genuinely fear a situation or character.
There's this movie called A Serbian Film that would scar you for life; I seriously do not recommend watching it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-09-2014, 06:16 PM
(01-09-2014 02:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 02:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I never genuinely fear a situation or character.
There's this movie called A Serbian Film that would scar you for life; I seriously do not recommend watching it.

Already saw it. Just went through a list of fucked up films one day. Its certainly right up there on the list of unnecessarily disgusting movies.
01-09-2014, 08:47 PM
(01-09-2014 02:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I don't get jumpy.
I never genuinely fear a situation or character.

What I look for is that sinking feeling. That realization that puts my heart in my stomach. And right now I can't think of any particular movies that do that.

As an example (maybe not the scariest): In doctor who, when Pond is investigating the old asylum and a flash of lightning shows markings all over her body, and you realize the silence is near.

The Silence and the idea behind them is seriously some of the scariest shit thats been on TV in ages.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
01-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I think what's unseen is more scary than what is... Alfred Hitchcock knew that the imagination is the most powerful tool in horror.

That's what suspense is... The imagination running wild through all the horrific possibilities of what's lurking down the long dark corridor.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user