Scariest movies you've ever seen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 09:03 PM
RE: Scariest movies you've ever seen.
(24-08-2014 02:39 PM)Marozz Wrote:  When I was a kid I saw The Time Machine - I was scared shitless at the sight of the underground creatures call Morlocks. I had many sleepless nights.

I also saw Jaws when I was a kid. Watched a few scenes with my eyes covered by my hand.

Alien kept me on the edge of my seat. Great film.

I remember being freaked out by the original Time Machine as a kid...

The bit where he goes forwards in time while watching the dead Morlock decay in fast motion freaked me out as a kid.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 05:50 PM
1408 was pretty weak by the way. Less scary then Seven.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-09-2014, 07:57 PM
(02-09-2014 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  1408 was pretty weak by the way. Less scary then Seven.
That's surprising. Better luck with the other two, I guess. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-09-2014, 11:35 PM
When I was a kid I thought Omen 2 was pretty scary. But you have to be young enough to be thinking angels and demons might actually exist.

I once thought 13 Ghosts was pretty scary.

But I do find it very hard to get scared during a movie now.
02-09-2014, 11:50 PM
No competition here, Jaws.

I grew up on the beaches of California. When Jaws came out I was so horrified I did not go into the water for several months. And for some years afterward, I never went into the water without some anxiety.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
02-09-2014, 11:55 PM
(02-09-2014 07:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 05:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  1408 was pretty weak by the way. Less scary then Seven.
That's surprising. Better luck with the other two, I guess. Consider

It probably helped that I watched it with my flatmates in my living room on the 42inch as opposed to sitting in bed on my laptop. We did have the lights off and it was late at night and all that jaz though. It did have a couple moments I will give it that, on second thought it was more scary then Seven which didn't have any moments, but still hardly a heart throb. Like that bit where that ghost attacks him with the hammer, that initially gave me a bit of a fright, and the bit with the freakishly fast zombie guy crawling around the vents was a tad on the creepy side. OH and that bit at the end in the car, that made me jump.

I dunno, just didn't do it for me. It was a good movie though, I enjoyed it.

02-09-2014, 11:58 PM
(02-09-2014 11:50 PM)Dee Wrote:  No competition here, Jaws.

I grew up on the beaches of California. When Jaws came out I was so horrified I did not go into the water for several months. And for some years afterward, I never went into the water without some anxiety.

I remember reading somewhere that the director of Jaws regretted doing that movie because it created such huge amounts of fear for sharks (which aren't as dangerous as people make them out to be) and made people less inclined to try and save them (as a lot of them are endangered).

Everyone wants to save the panda but nobody wants to save the big blood thirsty man eating great white shark. It's a pity really, sharks are such incredible animals. Prehistoric and an absolute evolutionary masterpiece. Panda's however are just a lazy bear... big whoop.

03-09-2014, 12:05 AM
I snuck into a theater and saw part of the exorcist when I was 6 (I think). I was soooo terrified I slept with a light on.

Fast forward I begged my dad to take me to see Jaws. When the dog (Pipin) didnt come back to shore, I walked out and called my grandpa to come get me.

He did. Yes I still refuse to put more than an ankle in the ocean. True...

The original Halloween still creeps me out...So did Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I saw all the nightmare on elm street and Friday the 13...meh...dull.

House of a 1000 corpses (I think that was the name).

Holy shit that movie was just wrong....just fucking scary wrong.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-09-2014, 12:28 AM
(02-09-2014 11:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Everyone wants to save the panda but nobody wants to save the big blood thirsty man eating great white shark. It's a pity really, sharks are such incredible animals. Prehistoric and an absolute evolutionary masterpiece. Panda's however are just a lazy bear... big whoop.

[Image: large.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Most scary movies don't scare me at all, but there are a few that make me turn into a 7 year old, hiding behind a pillow.

The Exorcist terrified me for years. Watched it just last week, and the only thing that still bothers me are the creepy noises the demon makes. Do not like! Gasp No

Any movie with werewolves turns me into a scared little girl. I saw The Howling at the theater....scarred me for life!

True horror to me are the movies with bat shit crazy characters like Hannibal Lecter, or the psycho nut case in Kiss The Girls. Those types of people do exist. Hence, I will never watch any of the Saw movies. My daughter just about forbid me to watch them. She said I would wind up in the fetal position for life. Speaking of - Jeffrey Dahmer lived not too far from me! Ohmy

Slasher movies like Halloween and Jason - boring.

I absolutely love paranormal/ghostie movies like 13 Ghosts, Poltergeist, The Conjuring, Mama, etc.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain