Scariest movies you've ever seen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 12:48 AM
RE: Scariest movies you've ever seen.
I just read through the thread, and now Ill have to watch 1408. I've never heard of it.

Two movies I did not see mentioned, thought they were pretty scary, are Steven King's It and Silence of the Lambs.. Each gave me nightmares.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
03-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Oh yes you gotta watch 1408....crazy, creepy, scary. I loved it.

IT - Omg forgot about that! No likey! No

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
03-09-2014, 03:21 AM
(03-09-2014 12:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 11:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Everyone wants to save the panda but nobody wants to save the big blood thirsty man eating great white shark. It's a pity really, sharks are such incredible animals. Prehistoric and an absolute evolutionary masterpiece. Panda's however are just a lazy bear... big whoop.

[Image: large.gif]

I want that to be my signature.
03-09-2014, 04:32 AM
When I was a teenager I saw the movie Event Horizon. I don't scare easily at all at movies. But this one scared the living daylights out of me. To this day I couldn't pinpoint to you why. Maybe its just Sam Neill.

I suspect if I watched it today I would probably feel foolish...but I'll pass thank you very much!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
03-09-2014, 04:48 AM
(03-09-2014 04:32 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  When I was a teenager I saw the movie Event Horizon. I don't scare easily at all at movies. But this one scared the living daylights out of me. To this day I couldn't pinpoint to you why. Maybe its just Sam Neill.

I suspect if I watched it today I would probably feel foolish...but I'll pass thank you very much!

The isolation was pretty creepy, and there was an ominous feel to the whole thing. Then there was the completely stupid shit like the ship being evil
03-09-2014, 04:52 AM
(03-09-2014 04:48 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 04:32 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  When I was a teenager I saw the movie Event Horizon. I don't scare easily at all at movies. But this one scared the living daylights out of me. To this day I couldn't pinpoint to you why. Maybe its just Sam Neill.

The isolation was pretty creepy, and there was an ominous feel to the whole thing. Then there was the completely stupid shit like the ship being evil

It is very unrealistic (most horror movies are)

I was quite young when I saw it, that could play a role in my reaction. But I watched all kinds of horror movies back then. I'm one of those annoying people who chuckles through scary movies. But Event Horizon just got to me. Ick.
03-09-2014, 05:25 AM
(03-09-2014 04:52 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 04:48 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  The isolation was pretty creepy, and there was an ominous feel to the whole thing. Then there was the completely stupid shit like the ship being evil

It is very unrealistic (most horror movies are)

I was quite young when I saw it, that could play a role in my reaction. But I watched all kinds of horror movies back then. I'm one of those annoying people who chuckles through scary movies. But Event Horizon just got to me. Ick.

Yeah, I just saw it last year some time. There are movies that I found creepy but good when I was young, but I'd never want to revisit them for fear of ruining the fond memories. The Witches and The Black Hole come to mind. That kid in the painting thing from The Witches always creeped me out, and I was afraid of Maximilian the psychotic robot from The Black Hole.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Actually thinking about The Black Hole... That was the weirdest, darkest Disney movie I've seen. There were so many creepy things about it, especially for a kids movie. I mean, the robots turned out to be the previous crew members, and a faceplate is removed to expose this zombie crew member with black eyes... And when Maximilian eviscerates a man with spinning blades!?.. Wtf Disney, wtf Dad, I'm like 5 years old, this movie has already been out for a decade, you know this is gonna scare the shit out of me.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-09-2014, 06:50 AM
The Ring and Blair Witch Project.
The Ring, I lost sleep over that movie for weeks after!

Blush

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-09-2014, 06:57 AM
I'll second the 'Ring' series of movies. The original Japanese, not the softer American remake.

Dang but those movies had me paranoid about a LOT of things.

The creator/actors have amazing ways of making the human body less human and hence amazingly high creep factor.

If I ever accidentally run over a cat? I'm just going to keep driving.... Not ever going to stop, other than get more gas.... just keep on driving.........
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post