Scariest movies you've ever seen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: Scariest movies you've ever seen.
(03-09-2014 06:57 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I'll second the 'Ring' series of movies. The original Japanese, not the softer American remake.

Dang but those movies had me paranoid about a LOT of things.

The creator/actors have amazing ways of making the human body less human and hence amazingly high creep factor.

If I ever accidentally run over a cat? I'm just going to keep driving.... Not ever going to stop, other than get more gas.... just keep on driving.........

I loved the Japanese Ring, way better than the American one. But interestingly, I didnt find Japanese version of the haunted video as scary as the American one. I suspect its a cultural thing. Finding different imagery scary..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 05:24 PM
When I was in college I took a cinema class. We watched many of the classic movies like Citizen Kane and others. When it came the the scary genre the teacher chose to show us Psycho and it just happened that that week there was a murder on the campus and a girl was stabbed to death in one of the parking lots. The cinema class was at night and after viewing Psycho I was completely terrified. Someone had to walk me to my car. Still can't watch that movie.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-09-2014, 05:40 AM
The only time I've ever been truly scared of a movie is when I've watched one while home alone in an empty house. That can be said for other things besides movies too though. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to ghosts, but after my friend did research on an old house I was living in and found out that three previous tenants ran off and broke their lease after claiming it was haunted I began to grow concerned by the noises the house made. It was an old big house and I was living their alone, so my imagination really got the best if me.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
08-09-2014, 05:01 PM
The whole Paranormal Activity series is pretty scary.

Be true to yourself. Heart
09-09-2014, 12:48 PM
My first really scary movie - A Nightmare on Elm Street. I was in 6th grade. Scared the hell out of me!

Creep factor - The Shining, You're Next (Similar to Fun and Games and a few other hostage in your own house flicks), Insidious Chapter 2 (better than the first),

Disturbing and I never, ever want to watch it again - Human Centipede (DO NOT WASTE TIME ON THE SECOND ONE!)

Quirky - Odd Thomas, Splinter,

If you're looking for a laugh - Tucker and Dale vs Evil, Frankenstein's Army.

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
09-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Not read the whole thread so apologies if its been listed but "The Possession of Micheal King" is actually quite a good movie.

Thumbsup

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
09-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Scariest movies you've ever seen.
Somehow The Exorcist still is creepy for me even today. And the "lost" footage added into the DVD version even more so apparently. Lacking any belief in the supernatural has tempered the effect but only so much.

Speaking of scary movies ones parents may have taken them to when they were perhaps too young: my dad took me to see Galaxy of Terror. Thanks, Dad. These are moments I'm not likely to forget.

In case you're wondering why the film was so wrong for a 10 heard old, try reading some details about it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_of_Terror

Edit: I also recall within the same year he also took me to see Heavy Metal. Perhaps he just didn't want to have "The Talk" with his prepubescent son and hoped these films might instruct me? Let's hope not.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
13-10-2014, 06:57 AM
I saw It as a kid and that scared the hell out of me. It must have left some sort of impression, because even now, whenever I picture some scary thing that might be in the dark, it's always that clown. What's weirder is if I see the movie now, it's stupid to the point where I laugh at it.

I don't really watch movies that I would consider "scary" anymore. I've seen a lot of suspenseful movies that do a good job keeping me on the edge of my seat, but they don't scare me. Probably the most recent horror film I've watched was Silent Hill, and it wasn't a very scary movie. I really enjoyed it, but it seems more like a suspense film. I do love the sense of dread that fog horn adds to the movie.

I was old enough when I saw Se7en that it didn't scare me. It's dark, disturbing, and extremely well done, but I wouldn't say scary. No Country for Old Men is one of my favorite movies, primarily because of Chigurh. He has a really good presence on the screen and he does a good job as a relentless, ominous threat that is still mundanely human.
15-10-2014, 07:24 PM
I like the idea of Insidious but it turned into a fairly typical ghost movie. It came off at first like it was going to be inter-dimensional with the astral projection theme, but overall is was solid.

The Conjuring had some scares but typical ghost movie.
16-10-2014, 04:13 PM
I recently saw the movie Gone Girl Nice twisty-turns in this one. Very suspenseful but mostly ... I may never attempt another serious relationship. Confused Can one ever really know that significant other?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post