Scars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Scars
By a certain age we all have scars...some visible, some not. The visible ones I have didn't really bother me much as none were that noticeable.

But, my mastectomy scars really bother me. I fucking hate them! They are so ugly and a reminder that I have been mutilated. Though I had reconstruction I didn't have fake nipples made or tattooed on...I kind of feel like that's silly...I mean what's the use.

I have, from time to time, tried to think of tattoos to mask them and have seen pictures of women that have had wonderful ink done. But I haven't been able to settle on something that seems right for me. Scar tissue can be hard to tattoo and one 'breast' has a pretty straight scar while the other one looks like the surgeon may have been drunk when she made the cut...so symmetry would be an issue.

So, today I was scrolling around Facebook, kind of in a picture war with one of my daughters who is always posting gloom and doom stuff all because of this asshole she was with for a short time...let me clarify...abusive asshole.

I came across a picture that is starting to make me rethink my scars...while I may still do tattoos, when I find the right thing, I think this sentiment may just get me past a lot of mental bullshit. Any other ideas on how to get my mind right with these fucking scars would be appreciated...anyway...for what it's worth.

[Image: scars_zps7858db24.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Anjele's post
09-06-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: Scars
Hug

You're beautiful Anjele!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-06-2013, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 02:07 PM by kim.)
Personally, I think you are all the imagery you need; you are real and you are as honest with yourself as you are with the rest of the world. Personally, I like scars. By the way... Marilyn Monroe had a very prominent gall bladder scar and thought absolutely nothing of it. I think she knew what scars were about.

I don't know how much it costs but I think laser scar removal might be something to look into. It certainly couldn't hurt to consult a plastic surgeon - I know it takes a few treatments but, I have seen amazing results.

Having said that, a little decoration can be quite lovely on a body, overdue for some needed appreciation and admiration. I have no tattoos myself, but I do admire many people and friends' tatts. They can be quite tasteful and lovely.

If you do go for tattooing, you will want to work with a very serious and professional artist who will help you to create this work of art on your very special canvas. Make sure the artist is licensed and is regularly inspected by the health dept. Explain the sensitivity of your situation and discuss the matter thoroughly including the inks and materials used. Whatever you decide to do, you need to keep it safe; your body has been through enough.

Maybe that would be my final suggestion; your body has been through enough. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
09-06-2013, 02:09 PM
(09-06-2013 12:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  By a certain age we all have scars...some visible, some not. The visible ones I have didn't really bother me much as none were that noticeable.

But, my mastectomy scars really bother me. I fucking hate them! They are so ugly and a reminder that I have been mutilated. Though I had reconstruction I didn't have fake nipples made or tattooed on...I kind of feel like that's silly...I mean what's the use.

I have, from time to time, tried to think of tattoos to mask them and have seen pictures of women that have had wonderful ink done. But I haven't been able to settle on something that seems right for me. Scar tissue can be hard to tattoo and one 'breast' has a pretty straight scar while the other one looks like the surgeon may have been drunk when she made the cut...so symmetry would be an issue.

So, today I was scrolling around Facebook, kind of in a picture war with one of my daughters who is always posting gloom and doom stuff all because of this asshole she was with for a short time...let me clarify...abusive asshole.

I came across a picture that is starting to make me rethink my scars...while I may still do tattoos, when I find the right thing, I think this sentiment may just get me past a lot of mental bullshit. Any other ideas on how to get my mind right with these fucking scars would be appreciated...anyway...for what it's worth.

[Image: scars_zps7858db24.jpg]

Scars are tattoos with better stories
Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
09-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Scars? All I can see is super sexy Blush !!!
You Are Absolutely Beautiful, Anjele! Tattooed or not!
Hug Hug Hug

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
09-06-2013, 02:49 PM
A quick google images search showed a lot of great tattoos, in some cases they look even better than boobs (I may be biased there Tongue)

but yeah, wear it like a battle scar, no, not "like" wear it because they ARE battle scars. And they should be shown with pride, if you get a tattoo make it not to hide the scar, but to make it more glorious Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 5 users Like nach_in's post
09-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Some scars tell the best stories--about wizards, and witches, and house elves...

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
[+] 1 user Likes cbb2274's post
09-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Angie, those scars of yours are proof of something. Proof that you are strong. Proof that you are beautiful. Proof that you are a force to be reckoned with. Proof that you faced a true monster, and kicked it directly in the ballsack.

I admire you. To me, you are someone I can look up to. You show me that my battle can be won, if only I can find your strength.

Your scars light my way.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 9 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks everybody.

And damn you Stark, you made me tear up (I seldom cry).

It may seem to some like nothing, or be difficult to understand, but when you realize that I cover my own chest when I take a bath because I can't stand the sight of the scars you can see how much they bother me. I know I am lucky...I didn't do chemo or radiation and after three and a half years I am still here. And those things should over ride the other but damnit they just don't.

Moms...thanks for the hug, couldn't have come at a better time.

Kim, part of the reason I didn't go for the fake nipple reconstruction is that I couldn't deal with another surgery. That and four wounds to try to deal with...and they would only have been for show anyway and would in no way have covered up more than half the scarring. I do have a really good tattoo guy that's been doing it for years and knows his stuff (and yes momma Kim, he is a professional, licensed tattooist). He did a large piece on my leg early in my recovery...I was already in pain so what the hell. He and I have talked about an eventual tattoo and if I decide to do it, he's my man.

Thanks FC...another alternate way to look at the scars...all that really helps!

Thanks Gulegon...that's very sweet.

Nach - they certainly are battle scars, there's no doubt! And there are some really great pieces that have been done for women that have gone through the same or similar thing. I have an idea finally forming for something that has been broken and is healing, like a broken wing, with the scar still somewhat evident complete with stitches.

Stark, again I look at your words and tears spring to my eyes. I just hate cancer (I refuse to give it a big c). You have the strength...it's just putting one foot in front of the other. I had been through too much shit in my life to give up or give in. I did (in my twisted mind) get a little chuckle when you said my scars light your way...perhaps tattoos of headlights? Seems appropriate.

Thanks so much to all of you...I don't have anyone to talk to about this IRL..which sucks. I appreciate your being here.
A

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Scars are only evidence of an interesting experience in my opinion. Scars mean you don't fuck around.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post