Scars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Scars
Anjele, 50 years ago, I met my wife and she was [and still is] beautiful but one of the things that attracted me to her was a large scar on her upper lip where she had hit a tree skiing. We were both 17 years old and I had already accumulated a collection of scars and I liked to think we got them from hard living. We have accumulated a lot more over the years and my wife, like you, had breast cancer. She is pretty scarred up from it. I've had my own battles with cancer and I've had 14" of my colon removed and my prostate. My belly, from those surgeries, looks like a badly drawn checkerboard. My wife and I both think of the scars as a record of a great journey through life. My favorite scar, on my wife, is a long gash on her right arm that she got from meeting a rock when she got thrown out of our canoe running whitewater. Not to be outdone by her, I collected a really ugly scar on my right leg when I took a fall climbing in the Himalayas about 10 years ago. Scars are not "mutilation." They are experience -- some experiences are wonderful [climbing in the Himalayas] and some really suck [cancer]. But they are all experiences that make us interesting. Try to learn to enjoy your scar. I promise you that you are no less beautiful because of it but you are a hell of a lot more interesting because of the experience, as painful as it was.

My favorite movie scene --

http://movieclips.com/dAmtg-jaws-movie-scars/

By the way, it is almost impossible to see any good in anything when you have dental pain. I hope you get that resolved quickly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
22-05-2014, 08:32 PM
How are you doing?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
22-05-2014, 08:41 PM
(22-05-2014 08:32 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  How are you doing?

Thanks for asking...I do appreciate it.

It's up and down...mouth flared up again this week and had to switch antibiotics - at this point I wouldn't think a germ could get near me.

New job seems to be good...good environment...haven't detected too much crazy yet.

Recheck with dentist today gives me a three week break till I have to go back for more work.

Was feeling pretty good till tonight - won't explain - it will also pass. Am a bit tired of this health and emotional roller coaster.

Again, thanks...I am going to retreat a while, lick some wounds, and reassess some things.

Keep an eye on Banjo for me...

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Hang in there, kiddo. Don't let some rotten germ defeat you after you've come this far.

Baby steps. Left, right, left, right. Repeat as needed.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
22-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Prayin' for ya, Anj.

Bechased

just kidding, but I am pulling for ya, feel better

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco