Scary Coincidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Scary Coincidence
Do anyone else experience scary Coincidences and think something supernatural is going on or worry about it. I think more towards the athiest vue but then theses odd thing seem to happen and it makes me wonder for example I often worry/think about coincidences one time I was thinking about this and how some apologists use this argument then went back to watch one of aaron ra videos I had pused the first thing aaron said wen I pressed play was about coincidences it really freaked me out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Scary Coincidence
Yes and it's not supernatural at all. We are pattern-making creatures (via evolution) and that causes us to make patterns (or see coincidences) quite frequently.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
14-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Thank-you for replying I get very scared of this type of thing. I find the idea of religion and an angry God very scary and wen this sort of thing happened I get very freaked out coincidences seem to happen another to me and they often frighten me
[+] 1 user Likes Denzil's post
14-10-2016, 10:31 AM
You might be interested in the book The Improbability Principle by David J. Hand. He applies factors that show how and why coincidences appear quite frequently (and should be expected).

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
14-10-2016, 10:32 AM
(14-10-2016 10:27 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Thank-you for replying I get very scared of this type of thing. I find the idea of religion and an angry God very scary and wen this sort of thing happened I get very freaked out coincidences seem to happen another to me and they often frighten me

Coincidences happen to everybody. They are normal and part of our make up. Seeing coincidences (i.e. making patterns) were and are a survival technique.

14-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Thank you again I will look in to it I do seem to be prone to thinking irrationality sometimes
[+] 1 user Likes Denzil's post
14-10-2016, 02:32 PM
I have fallen victim to my own mind before too.
14-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Oddly enough -- I was JUST thinking about starting a thread about this very thing.......

What are the odds???

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-10-2016, 02:46 PM
(14-10-2016 02:32 PM)skyking Wrote:  I have fallen victim to my own mind before too.

Good to know I am not the only one
14-10-2016, 03:09 PM
(14-10-2016 02:32 PM)skyking Wrote:  I have fallen victim to my own mind before too.

It's really interesting--our brains are set up that way. There's a really good video that I posted before on why we are actually predisposed psychologically speaking to think this way. I'll see if i can find it and post it.