Scary Coincidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2016, 03:10 PM
RE: Scary Coincidence
Found it Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
15-10-2016, 02:19 AM
Thank you
15-10-2016, 05:02 AM
When I was a teenager someone I loved was dying and I was upset. I decided to take a walk in the desert. I drove way out and parked my dark green pick up under some mesquite trees. I walked until dusk and could not find my truck. I knew it was nearby so I decided to walk in a spiral pattern and knew I would find it. It was dark by then and as I walked along a pack of coyotes encircled me and walked along with me. They stayed about 50 feet away but followed me in curiosity. Eventually I found the truck and drove home. My Mother was waiting up for me. When I opened the door she said "You were lost in the desert and some dogs were following you". I do not think my Mother is psychic but she sure can be spooky at times.

Front row seats for the Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution Reunion Tour!
15-10-2016, 05:05 AM
Thanks for your reply I guess there's unusual things happen sometimes to everyone I always seem notice them happening to me another
15-10-2016, 05:16 AM
The universe is vast and ancient, and rare things happen all the time.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-10-2016, 06:03 AM
G'day, and welcome. Smile

You might like to check out this site: Law of Truly Large Numbers.

The law of truly large numbers says that with a large enough sample many odd coincidences are likely to happen.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
15-10-2016, 06:15 AM
I think about think and watch another of YouTube videos so I guess something I was thinking about code be mentioned in a way by someone in the video Right as i pressed play guess the number of people who watch video is going to be a very big number
15-10-2016, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 08:02 AM by jennybee.)
(15-10-2016 06:15 AM)Denzil Wrote:  I think about think and watch another of YouTube videos so I guess something I was thinking about code be mentioned in a way by someone in the video Right as i pressed play guess the number of people who watch video is going to be a very big number

On top of that, you mentioned that you think about coincidences quite frequently. And you think about them in relation to the supernatural--as the idea of coincidences makes you think that way sometimes. And you were about to watch a video with Aron Ra--which could naturally trigger your brain to start thinking about the supernatural which could then trigger it to think about coincidences--since the two go hand in hand for you.

It's also not beyond the realm of possibility that Aron Ra would mention the word coincidence if he is talking about religion, atheism, and philosophical thought. So if the word coincidence is in Aron Ra's video and you press play at some point, the part where he says coincidence has to fall somewhere. What I mean is, you could press play and he could say the word coincidence later on in the video, or a little later on in the video, or right at that moment. Why? because it has to fall somewhere. (That's from the Improbability Principle, btw Wink )

There's also something known as the frequency illusion. It occurs when you hear a particular word or idea and then you start to see it everywhere. Well, you don't really your brain only thinks it does because it filters out all other words and only focuses on that one so it appears more frequent than it really is. In other words, if you didn't think about the word coincidence, your brain would have floated right by it.

Lastly, here's a perfect example of pattern making. Does Aron Ra talking about coincidences in his video have anything to do with you thinking about coincidences in your own life? No, it does not. The two events don't have anything to do with each other. Your brain is making a connection where there isn't one, also known as pattern-making.

Pattern making helped and helps us to survive. However, sometimes our brains make patterns that are wrong. It's much better to be wrong about the pattern on some occasions than to ignore the pattern entirely. This is because if there is danger nearby and your brain recognizes a pattern (and I'll use Michael Shermer's example) such as a rustle in the grass and you *remember* that you have seen a poisonous snake there before, you're gonna know to get out of there and fast! Tongue See survival technique. Now, your brain may have misinterpreted this info. Maybe there was no snake there at all. Maybe it was just a stick and the wind rustled the grass. But if you had waited to find out or disregarded the pattern (i.e. your remembering about poisonous snakes being in that area), you would be a goner Wink

So this carries over into modern times when we are constantly bombarded with stimulus. We see things and our brain will make patterns and connect events or words or things or ideas that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. But it's natural and it's normal and it's how our brains work.

Our brains also like to fill in the blanks. For example, take these two events--you thinking about coincidences and Aron Ra's video with the word coincidence. Your brain pattern makes (wrongfully in this case, remember sometimes the brain makes wrong patterns) and thinks these two events are somehow related. Your brain then fills in the blanks--well, these two events seem odd, why would this happen? And here your brain fills in the blank based on past religious teaching and thinks, Oh it must be a supernatural occurrence (which it isn't), but again, your brain just fills in the blank with whatever readily available info it has. In your case, it's your religious training that comes back as an answer for why this must have happened.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
15-10-2016, 07:36 AM
Thank-you Jennybee for all the help these things happen sometimes and they scary me alot you are right that if I was not thinking about it at the time I would probably not of noticed. I get frightened by religion and end up worrying about stuff alot my family tells me Its just a coincidence and they are fairly rational. Thank-you again it's nice to talking to people about this
[+] 1 user Likes Denzil's post
15-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Thank-you Jennybee for all the help these things happen sometimes and they scary me alot you are right that if I was not thinking about it at the time I would probably not of noticed. I get frightened by religion and end up worrying about stuff alot my family tells me Its just a coincidence and they are fairly rational. Thank-you again it's nice to talking to people about this