Scary Coincidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2016, 12:28 PM
RE: Scary Coincidence
I've often noticed unusual things happening in pairs. For example, I would hear a new word and then, hours later, hear someone else using that same word. Or someone would mention an old TV show I hadn't thought about for years and then, within a day or so, someone else would bring up the same show. When I was younger, I used to wonder if these pairs meant something, especially since it was always two occurrences and never three. Then one day I realized that single occurrences happen all the time, but there is no reason for them to stand out. And unusual things happening twice in a row is even more unusual so no wonder they don't happen three times. No mystery at all.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-10-2016, 01:41 PM
(15-10-2016 05:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The universe is vast and ancient, and rare things happen all the time.

Is that a quote from Douglas Addams?

@Denzil take the time to listen to this audio titled Stochasticity, I think it’ll answer some of your questions.
https://huffduffer.com/tiffehr/5728

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Thank you and do everyone else to for your replies
[+] 1 user Likes Denzil's post