Scary coincidences again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Scary coincidences again
Yeah I have had some doubts because of those kind of reasons to if it's ok to ask how long was you religious
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2016, 11:34 AM
(22-12-2016 11:29 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Yeah I have had some doubts because of those kind of reasons to if it's ok to ask how long was you religious

Until I was in my mid to late twenties.
22-12-2016, 11:36 AM
So you decided to do some research and then you did you became on unbeliever ? I know alot of stuff dose not make sense to me wen it comes to religion but when something weird happens I begin to wonder
22-12-2016, 11:39 AM
(22-12-2016 11:36 AM)Denzil Wrote:  So you decided to do some research and then you did you became on unbeliever ? I know alot of stuff dose not make sense to me wen it comes to religion but when something weird happens I begin to wonder

I had problems with the morals of the Bible and the biblical god, then did research and could no longer believe. Yeah, odd things happen on occasion, but there are natural explanations for them.
22-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Wen you did believe did you think like I do that God was communicating with you ?
22-12-2016, 11:42 AM
(22-12-2016 11:40 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Wen you did believe did you think like I do that God was communicating with you ?

When I was a believer, I thought God was active in my life, yes. But now, taking a step away from all of that, all of it was just magical thinking on my part.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-12-2016, 11:46 AM
(22-12-2016 11:40 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Wen you did believe did you think like I do that God was communicating with you ?

Yes, I did. I knelt down and prayed fervently, and I convinced myself that I could "sense" the presence of God, and that the ideas I got were God's voice "whispering" to me.

You hear Christians say this a lot, "I wasn't sure what to do, so I went and prayed for guidance, and God told me to...."

In other words, they went and consulted with the unconscious parts of their brain, until they managed to convince themselves that it fit in with their ideas of what was "proper" action-- the social program uploaded onto every human mind on the planet (the program differs, depending on where you're born and raised, of course).

Did God speak to me in English? Not really. People who hear actual voices are called schizophrenics. (And once upon a time, Prophets. Hehe.)

But I want to get back to another of Jenny's points that you kinda seem to have glossed over:

You know your browser and phone "learn" your preferences, right? Every time you log on to a site, the companies (like Google and YouTube) learn about what you like to see. So the next time you do a search, even a generic one or one about some other topic entirely, it's going to "throw in" some of the stuff it thinks you might also be interested in looking at-- it keeps you using their product, and making them money. They also use it to target advertising tailored for your tastes.

They're getting very good at it.

So those "obscure" things you're seeing really aren't obscure at all. It's stuff you looked at previously (or related to stuff you looked at previously), and the algorithm "learned" that you like that stuff... so what do you know? It shows right up on your screen.

Amazing coincidence. Wink

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Kinda like what I am doing maybe thanks Jenny bee it's nice to talk to you about this stuff
[+] 1 user Likes Denzil's post
22-12-2016, 11:52 AM
(22-12-2016 11:48 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Kinda like what I am doing maybe thanks Jenny bee it's nice to talk to you about this stuff

Definitely what you are doing Tongue
22-12-2016, 11:54 AM
It's mostly stuff on Facebook book where I see the things I have thought it's usually things people post of it's just it seems to happen Nealy every day it's just kinda weird they are often related to stuff I like because I am part of a few different groups on Facebook but I don't think it's an algorithm or Google or anything like that because it's something I thought of and some one posts the same things later on.