Scary coincidences again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Scary coincidences again
(22-12-2016 10:12 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Just I can't think of another reason ....

There doesn't need to be a reason other than "coincidences happen".

When you start with the belief that there must be a reason you are assuming the conclusion as part of the premise.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
22-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Fear and conditioning. A powerful motivator.

It's a pretty fucked up religion that uses terror to win converts.

In a lot of ways, Christianity isn't really all that different from Al Quaeda, except the former is no longer allowed to use physical violence as one of their means of coercion.

I fully agree with Jenny. I'd try to see a professional. I'm sorry to hear they did that to you. Sad

But all of us who left, we've been there.

Learning about the history of Hell (as she suggested) will also help you. They didn't just make it up, they stole it from other religions. Fear is effective, so why not use it? Sick.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
22-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Thanks for everything you guys I am very sorry to be a bother to you all I hope I can keep in contact with some of you you seem really nice.
[+] 2 users Like Denzil's post
22-12-2016, 12:59 PM
(22-12-2016 12:58 PM)Denzil Wrote:  Thanks for everything you guys I am very sorry to be a bother to you all I hope I can keep in contact with some of you you seem really nice.

Of course Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-12-2016, 01:05 PM
(22-12-2016 12:54 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 10:12 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Just I can't think of another reason ....

There doesn't need to be a reason other than "coincidences happen".

When you start with the belief that there must be a reason you are assuming the conclusion as part of the premise.

I think this is an excellent point. While there are natural explanations for things, when you start thinking: "There must be *a reason*"-- you are already setting yourself up for magical thinking. The Therefore God conclusion is a huge leap out of reality Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-12-2016, 01:08 PM
I think the reason for that is because I have been going through this process of religion vs atheist for the last few months
22-12-2016, 01:10 PM
(22-12-2016 01:08 PM)Denzil Wrote:  I think the reason for that is because I have been going through this process of religion vs atheist for the last few months

Right, you're still caught up in magical thinking.

22-12-2016, 01:13 PM
Yeah that's probably true hope I have not been really stupid things are starting to seem more like thinking from your guys point of view I just am a wimp I guess
22-12-2016, 02:56 PM
(22-12-2016 01:13 PM)Denzil Wrote:  Yeah that's probably true hope I have not been really stupid things are starting to seem more like thinking from your guys point of view I just am a wimp I guess

No, not a wimp, just some leftover religious crap.

23-12-2016, 03:09 PM
So there was more coincidences today that was screy but I went to the doctors and got some anxiety medication that might help me also put in for counseling