Scary coincidences again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: Scary coincidences again
(23-12-2016 03:09 PM)Denzil Wrote:  So there was more coincidences today that was screy but I went to the doctors and got some anxiety medication that might help me also put in for counseling

Sorry I haven't been answering you, bud. I've been on the road for the holidays, seeing my distant family. But I'm back.

You're going to keep seeing this kind of stuff for a while because your brain is still in a fear-reaction, and keeps looking for it. Remember what I said about how it brings certain things, but not others, to your active attention.

You're not a "wimp". You're perfectly normal. That's what we keep trying to tell you.

A HUGE percent of the people here at TTA have had to go through what you are now going through. I know that another of Christianity's teachings is that you are personally and specially flawed, as is everyone... but think about that. If you share the same flaw as everyone else, then it's normal, not a flaw. It's a feature, not a bug, as computer programmers would say.

It's okay to not be perfect. It's okay to be scared. What's not okay is to shut off your brain because people taught you to do so.

You can do it. Keep coming here as much as you need to. Don't just focus on this thread or even this forum. Look at websites that teach skeptical thinking, so you can develop the power for yourself.

I highly recommend you start with this excellent essay (pdf format) called "The Fine Art of Baloney Detection", by Carl Sagan:

http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/lehre/pmo/en...aloney.pdf

And here's a summary and "worksheet" for it, so to speak, at RationalWiki:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Fine_Ar..._Detection

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-12-2016, 11:59 AM
RE: Scary coincidences again
Bumping this in the hopes that the OP won't miss it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply