20-12-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Scary coincidences again
And girls sorry jennybee you have been a massive help to
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denzil's post
20-12-2016, 10:30 AM
(20-12-2016 10:30 AM)Denzil Wrote:  And girls sorry jennybee you have been a massive help to

Tongue
22-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Ok so l you guys will probably be disappointed or mad at me but it's happened again a character I thought of this morning atheism time the black cat from Spiderman as shown up again not just that but a pod cast I was watching yesterday mentioned walle the robot and this morning I see a Facebook post about him plus a picture of a game start screen as I thought of on Tuesday ish as shown up today I know what you guys where saying but this seems to much.
22-12-2016, 08:26 AM
(22-12-2016 08:05 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Ok so l you guys will probably be disappointed or mad at me but it's happened again a character I thought of this morning atheism time the black cat from Spiderman as shown up again not just that but a pod cast I was watching yesterday mentioned walle the robot and this morning I see a Facebook post about him plus a picture of a game start screen as I thought of on Tuesday ish as shown up today I know what you guys where saying but this seems to much.

Like Ladyday said all of this could be based on the cookies on your computer--based on your past searches and your computer is generating these for you. You said the black cat showed up again--well, yeah probably because google is bringing searches up for it again because you looked at it before.

And the advertisement game thing also based on past searches. For instance, I am a huge fan of the Walking Dead and frequently get those WD game things pop up on my computer. The other FB user could also have had the game ad on their screen and that's why they made a post about Walle. Also, is this FB friend a fan of Walle? If so, not weird, they would post about it.

Don't forget you said you count hits and not misses. Remember, there are times when you said this doesn't happen. If you keep thinking of fictional characters/waiting to see them--eventually you are going to see some of them just based on the frequency of which you do this.

It comes down to what you are willing to believe as I said before. You can choose to believe a magical invisible fairy is communicating to you (only sometimes, mind you Tongue ) through fictional characters. Or you can take a step back and see that it's just happening on occasion, naturally--as a result of your constantly doing this. As such, you are going to have some hits. It's just how probability works.
22-12-2016, 10:00 AM
The thing is the characters I thought of was in my mind and they showed up on Facebook posts I TS true that they could of show up anyway but they where kinda obscure I still think it's really odd
22-12-2016, 10:01 AM
(22-12-2016 10:00 AM)Denzil Wrote:  The thing is the characters I thought of was in my mind and they showed up on Facebook posts I TS true that they could of show up anyway but they where kinda obscure I still think it's really odd

Even if it is odd, why do you conclude supernatural?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-12-2016, 10:07 AM
(22-12-2016 10:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 10:00 AM)Denzil Wrote:  The thing is the characters I thought of was in my mind and they showed up on Facebook posts I TS true that they could of show up anyway but they where kinda obscure I still think it's really odd

Even if it is odd, why do you conclude supernatural?

What other explanation there is? Hand of Almighty explains such "coincidences" perfectly - they are warning sign prompting one to repent and leave his sinful ways.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-12-2016, 10:09 AM

Even odd ones are going to pop up on occasion if you do this frequently enough which it sounds like you do.
22-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Just I can't think of another reason and I have been having this struggle between atheism and religion so it's what I think but there are some characters that have not shown up but every day for the last two weeks at least one strange thing as shown up it's weird I kinda been testing it by thinking of characters in the morning and seeing if they show up and some have even obscure characters
22-12-2016, 10:18 AM
(22-12-2016 10:12 AM)Denzil Wrote:  Just I can't think of another reason and I have been having this struggle between atheism and religion so it's what I think but there are some characters that have not shown up but every day for the last two weeks at least one strange thing as shown up it's weird I kinda been testing it by thinking of characters in the morning and seeing if they show up and some have even obscure characters

Well here, let's do a test.

Here's 10 characters that you need to see in the next hour. You need to see every single one of them. God are you listening? Tongue

1. Snoopy
2. Scooby Doo
3. Papa Smurf
4. Sponge Bob
5. Little Mermaid
6. The Flying Spaghetti Monster
7. Lilo from Lilo and Stitch
8. Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz
9. A Flying Monkey
10. Tarzan