Schindler's List

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2013, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 03:30 PM by Chaos.)
RE: Schindler's List
(02-02-2013 03:02 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Some of my more favorite movies, are Beowulf and Grendel (a slow movie but with authenticity at nearly every turn), Troy is another good authentic movie. Moon is a slow movie like Beowulf and Grendel but it keeps you interested. Another good movie is All Quiet On The Western Front, great movie! There's another good WWI movie out there but I can't exactly place a name on it right now.
Hmm. I haven't seen "All Quiet On The Western Front" yet Consider
But the rest are not even black and white Laughat And they are also very poor IMO.
I would choose "2001: A space Odyssey" instead of "Moon". It's way better, you should see it.

My favorite black and white movies are:
Persona, Winter's Light, The Seventh Seal, Jeux Interdits, Eraserhead, Pi, Rashomon, The Silence, The Elephant Man, Un Homme Qui Dort, Psycho, 12 Angry Men and of course, Schindler's List. Maybe you're just not familiarized with black and white movies. Sleepy

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chaos's post
02-02-2013, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 03:29 PM by Nappa.)
(02-02-2013 03:23 PM)Chaos Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 03:02 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Some of my more favorite movies, are Beowulf and Grendel (a slow movie but with authenticity at nearly every turn), Troy is another good authentic movie. Moon is a slow movie like Beowulf and Grendel but it keeps you interested. Another good movie is All Quiet On The Western Front, great movie! There's another good WWI movie out there but I can't exactly place a name on it right now.
Hmm. I haven't seen "All Quiet On The Western Front" Consider
But the rest are not even black and white Laughat

My favorite black and white movies are:
Persona, Winter's Light, The Seventh Seal, Jeux Interdits, Eraserhead, Pi, Rashomon, The Silence, The Elephant Man, Un Homme Qui Dort, Psycho, 12 Angry Men and of course, Schindler's List. Maybe you're just not familiarized with black and white movies. Sleepy
You only asked what my favorite black and white movie was, you never said anything about the ones I viewed as bad ass.

Also as far as black and white goes I normally ever encounter black and white in early films depicting WWI and WWII though these days I try mostly to find them in color to stimulate a more realistic sense of being.

an example.

The fact that a director would try and convey a movie in black and white in modern times is vulgar and disgusting for the sole fact that they are not trying to depict it as it would have been. Those jews certainly didn't die in black and white.
02-02-2013, 03:41 PM
(02-02-2013 03:25 PM)Nappa Wrote:  You only asked what my favorite black and white movie was, you never said anything about the ones I viewed as bad ass.

I asked you which are your favorite badass black and white movies since you think this movie is so poor comparing to the others.
Excluding mainstream movies which are bullshit from the start Dodgy

(02-02-2013 02:43 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I've watched black and white films before, while they do have some antique feeling to them they are still watchable.

I thought you watched so many black and white movies before that you've become an expert at them.

You also said that:

(02-02-2013 02:51 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Maybe I'm the one who has taste in movies? Have you ever thought of that?

Prove it. Drinking Beverage

02-02-2013, 03:52 PM
(02-02-2013 03:25 PM)Nappa Wrote:  The fact that a director would try and convey a movie in black and white in modern times is vulgar and disgusting for the sole fact that they are not trying to depict it as it would have been. Those jews certainly didn't die in black and white.

"Since the advent of color, black-and-white mass media often connotes something "nostalgic", historic or anachronistic. For example, the 1998 Woody Allen film Celebrity was shot entirely in black-and-white and Allen has often made use of the practice since Manhattan in 1979. Other films, such as The Wizard of Oz (1939), American History X, Pleasantville and The Phantom of the Opera (2004), play with the concept of the black-and-white anachronism, using it to selectively portray scenes and characters who are either more or less outdated or duller than the characters and scenes shot in full-color. This manipulation of color appears in the film Sin City and the occasional television commercial. Wim Wenders' 1987 film Wings of Desire uses sepia-tone black-and-white for the scenes shot from the angels' perspective. When Damiel, the angel (the film's main character), becomes a human the film changes to color, emphasising his new "real life" view of the world."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-and-white

[+] 1 user Likes Chaos's post
02-02-2013, 03:53 PM
(02-02-2013 03:41 PM)Chaos Wrote:  I asked you which are your favorite badass black and white movies since you think this movie is so poor comparing to the others.
Excluding mainstream movies which are bullshit from the start Dodgy

I thought you watched so many black and white movies before that you've become an expert at them.

You also said that:

(02-02-2013 02:51 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Maybe I'm the one who has taste in movies? Have you ever thought of that?

Prove it. Drinking Beverage
I also said that the fact that it was black and white DIDN'T MATTER, because even if it was in color IT WOULD HAVE SUCKED. I've watched a few black and white films, westerns mostly, and a few war films.

As for me proving my tastes.

[Image: no-you.jpg]
02-02-2013, 04:07 PM
I already told you which ones are my favorite.

Yours are too few and too poor to prove anything. Undecided

02-02-2013, 04:11 PM
It's an excellent movie; one of my personal favorites. Thumbsup

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
02-02-2013, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 04:19 PM by Vosur.)
(02-02-2013 02:51 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Oh no they got their heads shaved, got new clothes, sent to take a shower. That's so terrible, I'm crying really real tears right now. What was so powerful about this movie? I did not see anything powerful about it, NOTHING! Sure they got sent to some camps, big fucking woopdie fucking do.

Yes if this is all that there is, in this movie, then it is VERY historically accurate. Which actually surprises me in the fact that it actually portrays the 'holocaust' as it REALLY happened but that's BORING! Where's the gassing? The skinning of humans? The Starvation? The Diseases? Where is this?! That's the interesting gruesome fantasy and fantasy is what entertains people!

Were they sent to Auschwitz? I wasn't paying attention to where they were sent to, that's not how they did it! That's not how they gassed people! They had canisters! of PELLETS the showers were just showers! They dumped the pellets in from the roof! THIS MOVIE SUCKS! And is historically inaccurate to the holocaust!

Maybe I'm the one who has taste in movies? Have you ever thought of that? Maybe you're the one who has no taste, and just decides to suck movie dick when ever someone tells you it's dough gewd!
Schindler's List is under the Top 10 best rated movies in the International Movie Database of all times with a metascore of 93/100. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
02-02-2013, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 04:46 PM by Nappa.)
(02-02-2013 04:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Schindler's List is under the Top 10 best rated movies in the International Movie Database of all times with a metascore of 93/100. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Drinking Beverage
That is so not even right. This society must really enjoy to suck holocaust dick. Oh look something about the holocaust! Let's rate it 100%! Hurr Durr! I can name 100 movies that are better than Schindler's List the only movie I think might go along with it is this one viking's movie.

Now the Passion Of The Christ was EVERYTHING I expected it to be and more! I'm an atheist and I still gotta say that it was wonderfully done according to what it was trying to represent, which was Jesus getting the shit beat out of him. But you didn't see them casting the movie in ancient filmography.

Which if I remember right you had a piece of paper cut a piece of it out and wrap it around something in a cylinder style and hold a candle in the middle of it.
02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
(02-02-2013 03:02 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 02:53 PM)Chaos Wrote:  0 doesn't mean anything, really. Consider

But which are your favorite black and white movies? If this movie sucked donkey balls, then you should know some badass movies. So, which are those? Consider
Best Black and White movie Ever

Some of my more favorite movies, are Beowulf and Grendel (a slow movie but with authenticity at nearly every turn), Troy is another good authentic movie. Moon is a slow movie like Beowulf and Grendel but it keeps you interested. Another good movie is All Quiet On The Western Front, great movie! There's another good WWI movie out there but I can't exactly place a name on it right now.

Well, your favorite b&w movie is a Nazi propaganda film. Consider

I think the picture is clear now.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post