Schitzophrenia

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
26-07-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Schitzophrenia
(26-07-2013 12:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:27 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  If I even suggested it, he would attack me! He fears all forms of authority. My family and I have had to call the cops on several occasions. Many years ago, there was a situation where he was in our living room, with a loaded shotgun. Not aimed at us. Some imaginary villain. He left for a minute, to use the bathroom and I unloaded it. Everyone was terrified. This is just one episode.

I assume he longer has access to the shotgun?Consider

I have a house full of weapons! Dad was a collector!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Dad once shot down a tree! With an elephant gun!
26-07-2013, 12:42 PM
(26-07-2013 12:39 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  I assume he longer has access to the shotgun?Consider

I have a house full of weapons! Dad was a collector!

There are gun safes, trigger locks, locked cabinets for ammunition, ...

Where I live, leaving firearms about is against the law, and a serious legal and civil liability.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 12:44 PM
(26-07-2013 12:38 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I don't think I could trust unapproved meds for my brother. What if he took something that killed him and I had to explain how it got into his food?

What if he shoots someone? You'd be responsible. You are responsible for everything he does since he is without meds.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-07-2013, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 01:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2013 12:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  You can order these out of Mexico or India without prescription. Ask girly for a link.

You can look up all instructions and dosages etc. online.

AllDayChemist.com. This Indian pharmacy is quite reputable and well respected. Been on Seroquel for years now and the generic Quetiapine Fumarate is cheap as shit. My package has been inspected by US Customs more than once. But since it ain't a controlled substance they don't give a shit.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-07-2013, 01:07 PM
(26-07-2013 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:39 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I have a house full of weapons! Dad was a collector!

There are gun safes, trigger locks, locked cabinets for ammunition, ...

Where I live, leaving firearms about is against the law, and a serious legal and civil liability.

First, I'm not really afraid that he will try to shoot me. However, the ammunition (and theirs lots of it, is in our storage shed. Which is locked. But crazy people are crazy, not stupid.)

Let me try to explain the complexity of the situation. In the past, he drew food stamps. In order to qualify for them again, he had to go to our local Social Security office to renew his eligibility. He would not do so! Because his disorder compels him to believe that the government is his enemy. And I can't speak for him, because I am not his legal guardian. I don't think he would have gotten them, because the two of us, combined, make too much money. But he sees enemies in dark corners. So, you can't just say "Hey, Dude! Let's go get you those meds you need!" (Meds which have done him no good in the past!) No. It's more like: Hey, bro! Let me suggest something that will make you REALLY mad at me and has had cops here in the past . . . and all they could do was take you away for 24 hours, because you have your civil rights. And they will even bring you back! Here! To confront me. Last time that happened, I was asleep when he walked in the door.
26-07-2013, 01:14 PM
(26-07-2013 12:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:38 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I don't think I could trust unapproved meds for my brother. What if he took something that killed him and I had to explain how it got into his food?

What if he shoots someone? You'd be responsible. You are responsible for everything he does since he is without meds.

Yea. I'd also be responsible if he died from something I ordered, illegally, and put in his food. I believe that could be called murder.
26-07-2013, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 01:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2013 01:14 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  What if he shoots someone? You'd be responsible. You are responsible for everything he does since he is without meds.

Yea. I'd also be responsible if he died from something I ordered, illegally, and put in his food. I believe that could be called murder.

If it ain't a controlled substance (or otherwise regulatory banned from import), it ain't illegal to order. At least that's mine and US Customs take on it.

Administering it, on the other hand, if you ain't his legal guardian would be illegal (but still not unethical). If he's non compos mentis why haven't you pursued legal guardianship since that's what you are for all practical intent and purpose. Is it a financial thing?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-07-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm beginning to wonder how some you got your stars. Because I really think some of your suggestions are illegal. You are suggesting that I buy drugs from disreputable suppliers and hide them in my brothers food.

So, let's look at this: I buy unproved drugs: What's in them? Have I bought narcotics? Probably not, because those are expensive? Have I bought poison? Have I bought just plain junk? That could be harmful? If I bought "junk that could be harmful", that's poison! If I sprinkle that in my brother's food, and he dies! I am guilty of murder!

I thank you for trying to help. But I suggest that you NEVER try to help anyone else, in this way, again! You could be an accomplish to a crime.
26-07-2013, 01:36 PM
(26-07-2013 01:14 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  What if he shoots someone? You'd be responsible. You are responsible for everything he does since he is without meds.

It's actually not illegal at all. The pharmacies in those countries are perfectly legit (you do have to use legit ones) and the meds come through US customs legally and perfectly marked as what they are. The US has no issues with that unless the meds are opiates or the like, controlled substances. All customs want to know is that the meds are not for resale. I know, I have ordered my Thyroid meds through one of them because it was faster to do that than to wait for the insurance to approve replacement for a lost bottle. It was cheaper, too, and delivered to my door.

I hardly think anyone would find fault with meds being given to a schizophrenic. I do think a lot of authorities would find fault with a schizophrenic living unmedicated with access to guns...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man