Schitzophrenia

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
26-07-2013, 01:42 PM
RE: Schitzophrenia
(26-07-2013 01:34 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  You are suggesting that I buy drugs from disreputable suppliers ... I buy unproved drugs: What's in them?

The online pharmacy I suggested is reputable and has a world-wide positive reputation and is subject to the pharmaceutical standards of India. They don't manufacture drugs, they distribute them and they are careful not to offer controlled substances like benzos and narcotics. There is no question what is in what I buy. And if US Customs let's my order through, how is it illegal?

(26-07-2013 01:34 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  ... and hide them in my brothers food.

I assumed, obviously mistakenly, that since your brother is mentally incompetent you were his legal guardian. Since you are not, don't do that.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2013, 01:45 PM
The drugs are the exact same brands we use here. Same brand, same manufacturer, same quality control.

What, you are not his legal guardian?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-07-2013, 02:07 PM
No. I am not his legal guardian. My parents pushed their responsibility for him off on me many years ago. Because they couldn't handle him. So, I had to take the responsibility. So, I love him and I hate him! I wasn't really looking for the help that I know I will never get when I started this thread. I was hoping to talk to others who have to live this way.

Anyone else going to die alone, because you have to invite someone to share their life with a crazy person?

Anyone else think the idea that I can just sprinkle "Happy Dust" on my brothers cheeseburger is a really stupid idea!

Anyone know anything about schitzophrenia? Anyone?
26-07-2013, 02:26 PM
(26-07-2013 01:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 01:34 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  You are suggesting that I buy drugs from disreputable suppliers ... I buy unproved drugs: What's in them?

The online pharmacy I suggested is reputable and has a world-wide positive reputation and is subject to the pharmaceutical standards of India. They don't manufacture drugs, they distribute them and they are careful not to offer controlled substances like benzos and narcotics. There is no question what is in what I buy. And if US Customs let's my order through, how is it illegal?

(26-07-2013 01:34 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  ... and hide them in my brothers food.

I assumed, obviously mistakenly, that since your brother is mentally incompetent you were his legal guardian. Since you are not, don't do that.

"The online pharmacy I suggested is reputable and has a world-wide positive reputation and is subject to the pharmaceutical standards of India."

I'll bet you dollars to popcorn balls that the standards of India are not the same as those in the U.S.A.
26-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I have to say this. And I enjoy this forum everyday! Because I have talked to some really smart people, here! But, I have spoken to people with, like nine stars suggesting really stupid ideas to me! The idea that you can dust someone's food with unapproved drugs is worse than foolish! It is foolish and probably criminal! Someone bump me up! Folks you can't do that! It's illegal to drug anyone! Probably a felony!

Am I wrong?

I'm going to bed. But I expect to be bumped way the hell up in the morning! Lots of rep points! Brand new stars! Or I will start a new thread, tomorrow: It will be called: "Follow Your Static!" Yes! Open your mind to the static on your T.V. set! Maybe smoke a 'J'. Maybe, I don't know: Ask some serious questions here?
26-07-2013, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 03:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2013 02:26 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I'll bet you dollars to popcorn balls that the standards of India are not the same as those in the U.S.A.

Pharmacies in India and pharmacies in the US and pharmacies in general buy their drugs from the same manufacturers (at least the brand name ones, more flexibility with generics). There is no difference. But this is all irrelevant at this point since you are not his legal guardian.

(26-07-2013 02:57 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  It's illegal to drug anyone!

If you were his legal guardian you would be responsible and legally obligated to ensure he is properly medicated even if that means spiking his food. Since you are not, it would be illegal and irresponsible to medicate him. You are in a pickle and I don't see no easy way out. Get legal guardianship, institutionalize him, or maintain the status quo are the only options I see.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I have to wonder, he is your brother, you grew up with him and you claim he has basically been this way since a very young age, yet judging from your answers, you seem to know next to nothing about the disease (if I may call it that) or how to handle him.

Have you never talked with doctors about this? Or psychiatrists? Or any sort of professionals?

Have you brother ever been committed to hospital or any sort of mental institution? How did he get the diagnose? Is he getting any sort of help, or seeing someone about it?
Those are just some of the questions that come to mind.

As for your main question, my best friend, who have been like a brother to me throughout my childhood, suffers from Schizophrenia.

My dad suffered from it too, I think.
26-07-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2013 03:05 PM by MuffinPuffin.)
(26-07-2013 02:57 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I have to say this. And I enjoy this forum everyday! Because I have talked to some really smart people, here! But, I have spoken to people with, like nine stars suggesting really stupid ideas to me! The idea that you can dust someone's food with unapproved drugs is worse than foolish! It is foolish and probably criminal! Someone bump me up! Folks you can't do that! It's illegal to drug anyone! Probably a felony!

Am I wrong?

I'm going to bed. But I expect to be bumped way the hell up in the morning! Lots of rep points! Brand new stars! Or I will start a new thread, tomorrow: It will be called: "Follow Your Static!" Yes! Open your mind to the static on your T.V. set! Maybe smoke a 'J'. Maybe, I don't know: Ask some serious questions here?

It's kinda starting to sound like you're the one that suffering from schizophrenia.
26-07-2013, 03:04 PM
(26-07-2013 02:57 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I have to say this. And I enjoy this forum everyday! Because I have talked to some really smart people, here! But, I have spoken to people with, like nine stars suggesting really stupid ideas to me! The idea that you can dust someone's food with unapproved drugs is worse than foolish! It is foolish and probably criminal! Someone bump me up! Folks you can't do that! It's illegal to drug anyone! Probably a felony!

Am I wrong?

If you want the situation to change, you are going to have to change it.

Get him examined by medical professionals, get him prescriptions.

Have your brother declared incompetent, get legal control, or medical power of attorney, or whatever it is in Kentucky.

Administer those prescriptions legally because you have the responsibility and authority.

Lock up the fucking guns.

You are sitting in a powder magazine and smoking a cigar.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 07:08 PM
(26-07-2013 02:07 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  No. I am not his legal guardian. My parents pushed their responsibility for him off on me many years ago. Because they couldn't handle him. So, I had to take the responsibility. So, I love him and I hate him! I wasn't really looking for the help that I know I will never get when I started this thread. I was hoping to talk to others who have to live this way.

Anyone else going to die alone, because you have to invite someone to share their life with a crazy person?

Anyone else think the idea that I can just sprinkle "Happy Dust" on my brothers cheeseburger is a really stupid idea!

Anyone know anything about schitzophrenia? Anyone?

When my transgender daughter was originally diagnosed with schizophrenia I researched everything I could find about it. The more I read the more I realized that there was a good possibility that he (at the time he was still "he") was mis-diagnosed and that turned out to be true.

One thing that struck me when I was learning about schizophrenia was, yes, the family really does need to be involved and if you can get durable power of attorney then you can have more control over the situation.

There are once a month shots now. I believe it's called Invega Sustenna and another shot that is called Respiradel Consta. I think that one might be twice a month. Another newer medicine is Latuda and some patients have had good response to that. The shots work for some people because they don't have to remember to take their medicine everyday.

There is a new therapy called Cognitive Remediation Therapy. It seems to work for people with schizophrenia but it's hard to find someone experienced with this method. It's something beyond regular cognitive therapy by the way.

I don't know where you live but if you can find some mental health group it can help with the stress you are under.

One thing to remember is if you can keep your brother on the meds for a long, long time the dosage can be reduced. There are brain scans that seem to point to a part of the brain that is repaired by the medicines but they have to be on the meds long term. Years. I know they have terrible side effects though.

There is a supplement called NAC, short for N-acetylcysteine and another one called L- glutamine that has had some success with schizophrenia. There are studies going on using glutamine. You can get this at GNC stores or online.

I don't know how old your brother is but some people do live fairly normal lives and go to college. It's not easy but people actually do.

There is a forum on Schizophrenia.com and you might find some more answers there.

I wish you the best. My heart aches for you.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post