Schitzophrenia

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
27-07-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Schitzophrenia
(27-07-2013 01:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ameron isn't looking to change the situation but wants to be pitied.

I don't think what you are doing is fair to your bro. It's the least fair solution of all.

If you can't persuade him to go to a doc, then ask for help and they will pick him up. He will be upset, but they will help him and what you get back after a while is a functioning individual who will be an asset to you.

The old drugs are not like the new drugs. Medicine advances constantly. I think your bro deserves a chance. By giving him a chance at a life, you are giving yourself one too.

"Ameron isn't looking to change the situation but wants to be pitied."

You fucking piece of shit! He has been "Picked up". Many times! And they always take him to some sort of "Mental Health Professionals, who always send him back home. He has rights. You think I haven't played this game over the years?

He has been institutionalized. But they can't hold him for long, because he has rights. He has been prescribed drugs, even took them for a while. They never worked.

What kind of jackass have you chosen to paint me as? I took care of both my parents during their last days. Mom for three years! I wiped her ass!

And, while we're at it, I love my brother! He's not evil. He's, generally a very nice person! But HE IS MENTALLY ILL!

Don't you dare sit their, in your comfortable chair, and shit on me! When you haven't walked the road!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Ameron. What is the money situation like? Is your brother on some kind of assistance? Are the drugs paid for through, like Social Security Income? Many of the drugs are super expensive. Some psychiatrists give out alot of samples the pharmacy salespeople bring by their office so the patients hardly have to pay for the drugs.

It seems that the biggest problem from what you have written is just getting your brother to a doctor. Is there anyone, anywhere who could help you with this?

This must have been a huge drain on you.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
27-07-2013, 02:12 PM
(27-07-2013 01:53 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  "Ameron isn't looking to change the situation but wants to be pitied."

You fucking piece of shit! He has been "Picked up". Many times! And they always take him to some sort of "Mental Health Professionals, who always send him back home. He has rights. You think I haven't played this game over the years?

He has been institutionalized. But they can't hold him for long, because he has rights. He has been prescribed drugs, even took them for a while. They never worked.

What kind of jackass have you chosen to paint me as? I took care of both my parents during their last days. Mom for three years! I wiped her ass!

And, while we're at it, I love my brother! He's not evil. He's, generally a very nice person! But HE IS MENTALLY ILL!

Don't you dare sit their, in your comfortable chair, and shit on me! When you haven't walked the road!

Whoa, whoa, I am only going by the things you said here.

(25-07-2013 05:11 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  My brother hasn't taken his meds in years! But they never really helped anyways. His bedroom is full of trash and he looks like a mad monk! Wont cut his beard. When he bathes, which is rare, it clogs up the sink.

I am ashamed of MYSELF for the condition he is in. But I can barely keep myself intact!

(26-07-2013 02:07 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  No. I am not his legal guardian. My parents pushed their responsibility for him off on me many years ago. Because they couldn't handle him. So, I had to take the responsibility. So, I love him and I hate him! I wasn't really looking for the help that I know I will never get when I started this thread.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-07-2013, 02:16 PM
(27-07-2013 01:53 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 01:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ameron isn't looking to change the situation but wants to be pitied.

I don't think what you are doing is fair to your bro. It's the least fair solution of all.

If you can't persuade him to go to a doc, then ask for help and they will pick him up. He will be upset, but they will help him and what you get back after a while is a functioning individual who will be an asset to you.

The old drugs are not like the new drugs. Medicine advances constantly. I think your bro deserves a chance. By giving him a chance at a life, you are giving yourself one too.

"Ameron isn't looking to change the situation but wants to be pitied."

Ameron, Anyone who hasn't had to care for others doesn't understand what it's like to walk in your shoes. Most people just coast through life with not too many problems. Or their problems are fairly minor comparatively and they're able to work the problem out.

This is something different and more difficult. Not an easy fix. I know somewhat of what you are going through. My folks are both dead. I had to watch my father die. It wasn't easy.

You are not looking for pity. What a ignorant thing to say, Dom.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
27-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Ameron pm'd me and I said something like this:

He asked what he should do.

This is what I suggested:

Google for treatment centers foe schizophrenia in your area

Look up their reviews and success rates etc., it's all online.

Pick the best one and call them.

Tell them you need advice and describe the situation.

This will, one way or another, send you on the road to finding out how to go about getting help.

Calling the police is not going to work, he is not a criminal. He is sick and one calls reputable doctors for advice. Their staff knows how to field these calls.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-07-2013, 02:27 PM
(27-07-2013 02:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Ameron. What is the money situation like? Is your brother on some kind of assistance? Are the drugs paid for through, like Social Security Income? Many of the drugs are super expensive. Some psychiatrists give out alot of samples the pharmacy salespeople bring by their office so the patients hardly have to pay for the drugs.

It seems that the biggest problem from what you have written is just getting your brother to a doctor. Is there anyone, anywhere who could help you with this?

This must have been a huge drain on you.

He won't take drugs! He won't eat pork! He won't eat catfish! He puts salt in his cigarettes! Yea! It's a huge drain. It's years of drain! You can't just go to a psychiatrist and say "Here are the drugs I would like." Brother has to show up to be evaluated.

Buy the way: I just heard some kind of doors slamming. Like, loud enough they could be broken! And shouting! Couldn't understand any of it. That's my bro. in the kitchen! Didn't get up and run! Cause this is something I am used to.

So, please don't tell me it's all my fault. I really don't need to here that.
27-07-2013, 02:36 PM
(27-07-2013 02:27 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  So, please don't tell me it's all my fault. I really don't need to here that.

Nobody says it's your fault. It's god's fault. Shocking

But you are defeated by it. You have resigned yourself to this situation. But you can't stand it or you wouldn't be coming here and repeatedly write about it.

You know it's a bad situation for both of you, and you won't do anything about it because you presume that it's not possible.

Just do it, get googling, find out what is out there now. You need to educate yourself about this. Saying "drugs didn't work years ago so they're not going to work now" is just not right. It's not fair to either one of you.

27-07-2013, 02:49 PM
(27-07-2013 02:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 01:53 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  "Ameron isn't looking to change the situation but wants to be pitied."

Ameron, Anyone who hasn't had to care for others doesn't understand what it's like to walk in your shoes. Most people just coast through life with not too many problems. Or their problems are fairly minor comparatively and they're able to work the problem out.

This is something different and more difficult. Not an easy fix. I know somewhat of what you are going through. My folks are both dead. I had to watch my father die. It wasn't easy.

Thank you! I have tried, so hard, to be a good person!
27-07-2013, 03:13 PM
(27-07-2013 02:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Thanks. My youngest brother was murdered. I have two aunts who are mentally ill. I drove my cousin to watch his father, my favorite uncles, trailer, burn with his father inside. I knew my uncle was dead, but I lied to my cousin and said "Lets go see if he is at his bootlegger's house." Dad was a mean alcoholic. I know this all sounds like fiction. But it is not. And I still have my brother to take care of. And I should be making everything O.K.
27-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Folks, I'm not O.K.! So, how am I going to make everything O.K. for anyone else?