Schitzophrenia

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
27-07-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: Schitzophrenia
(27-07-2013 03:18 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Folks, I'm not O.K.! So, how am I going to make everything O.K. for anyone else?

Good god, your life sounds like hell. Can you get help for yourself? Not your brother just start with yourself. I mean, it sounds like you have dragged through so much shit that you don't have any strength left.

Do you have any kind of social life? How have you dealt with all this crap? Do you ever get away from your brother and go anywhere? It can give you a new perspective on things if you got away.

Really, try to get some sort of therapy for yourself. Maybe it will lead to help for your brother. One step at a time kind of thing.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2013, 08:30 PM
(27-07-2013 01:15 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 09:50 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  How i see it,is that spiking his food the generic drug that is perfectly legal and treats the "disease"
is the ethical thing to do. Although it is illegal,but you can jump trough the hole by letting your parents prepare the food.
And if you think the medicine is of lesser quality(wich i doubt),you can let any chemist test it.
Generic drugs are the exact same thing,only cheaper because they dont have a famous brand.
So,if i was you,i would order the meds,get them tested by a chemist,and let your parents prepare the food,let him eat the food.
Actually,i would personally prepare the food and spike it.
If i had the meds that would make my brother more sane,i wouldnt think twice about putting it in his food.
Even if it is illegal,it is the ethical thing to treat your brother's "disease".
I do not get you,in any way.

I totally understand what you are suggesting. But it's not logical. Prescription's are prescribed by some kind of health professional. Otherwise, unless they are "Over the Counter" drugs, they are illegal. If someone hands you a valume, or a zanex, they are committing an illegal act. Therefore it's not ethical.(1) If I chose to try to "treat" my brother, by buying and administering whatever drug I felt was appropriate, I would be committing an act that that is not only, illegal, but is wrong! I am not a mental health professional, and should not be making decisions for anyone who is mentally ill.

I haven't been trained to know what drugs will make my brother more sane. Therefore I can't administer said drugs.
2) Because I could be doing more harm than good.

1.you are mixing up "ethical" and "legal"
for example, beating up some1 who got your friend in the hospital is illegal,but ethical. And in some countries, death centence is legal, but it is still unethical

good point,but you could do some research. You could go to the doctor without your brother and explain.
Or you could try to find a doctor who is willing to do an unprofesional housevisit, and tell your brother its a friend.

i believe dom might be right,you didnt come for help but for emotional support.
You reject each method of help,exept comforting

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
28-07-2013, 02:15 PM
(27-07-2013 05:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 03:18 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Folks, I'm not O.K.! So, how am I going to make everything O.K. for anyone else?

Good god, your life sounds like hell. Can you get help for yourself? Not your brother just start with yourself. I mean, it sounds like you have dragged through so much shit that you don't have any strength left.

Do you have any kind of social life? How have you dealt with all this crap? Do you ever get away from your brother and go anywhere? It can give you a new perspective on things if you got away.

Really, try to get some sort of therapy for yourself. Maybe it will lead to help for your brother. One step at a time kind of thing.

You have figured it out! I think I have had so much trauma, that I don't function well these days. I'm not crazy, but I am neurotic? I have thought about my personal issues a lot. I bought a bunch of stuff that I can use to print images on tee-shirts. I used to be an amateur artist http://jn-63.deviantart.com/gallery/ But something stops me from moving forward. I bought this stuff, maybe a year ago and haven't printed the first shirt. I started a website, which I also haven't completed http://ravenscapestudios.com/ It's almost like I fear success. Do I ever do anything? No. I work, watch movies or whatever on the computer.

So, those of you who think I just want pity may just be right! That's probably what I would say to someone who is in my situation. I am trying to move forward, but it's baby steps!
28-07-2013, 02:21 PM
(27-07-2013 08:30 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 01:15 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I totally understand what you are suggesting. But it's not logical. Prescription's are prescribed by some kind of health professional. Otherwise, unless they are "Over the Counter" drugs, they are illegal. If someone hands you a valume, or a zanex, they are committing an illegal act. Therefore it's not ethical.(1) If I chose to try to "treat" my brother, by buying and administering whatever drug I felt was appropriate, I would be committing an act that that is not only, illegal, but is wrong! I am not a mental health professional, and should not be making decisions for anyone who is mentally ill.

I haven't been trained to know what drugs will make my brother more sane. Therefore I can't administer said drugs.
2) Because I could be doing more harm than good.

1.you are mixing up "ethical" and "legal"
for example, beating up some1 who got your friend in the hospital is illegal,but ethical. And in some countries, death centence is legal, but it is still unethical

good point,but you could do some research. You could go to the doctor without your brother and explain.
Or you could try to find a doctor who is willing to do an unprofesional housevisit, and tell your brother its a friend.

i believe dom might be right,you didnt come for help but for emotional support.
You reject each method of help,exept comforting

"i believe dom might be right,you didnt come for help but for emotional support.
You reject each method of help,exept comforting"

Yea. I think you and Dom may be right. Sometimes emotional support is help, though.
28-07-2013, 02:29 PM
(27-07-2013 02:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 01:53 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  "Ameron isn't looking to change the situation but wants to be pitied."

You fucking piece of shit! He has been "Picked up". Many times! And they always take him to some sort of "Mental Health Professionals, who always send him back home. He has rights. You think I haven't played this game over the years?

He has been institutionalized. But they can't hold him for long, because he has rights. He has been prescribed drugs, even took them for a while. They never worked.

What kind of jackass have you chosen to paint me as? I took care of both my parents during their last days. Mom for three years! I wiped her ass!

And, while we're at it, I love my brother! He's not evil. He's, generally a very nice person! But HE IS MENTALLY ILL!

Don't you dare sit their, in your comfortable chair, and shit on me! When you haven't walked the road!

Ameron, Anyone who hasn't had to care for others doesn't understand what it's like to walk in your shoes. Most people just coast through life with not too many problems. Or their problems are fairly minor comparatively and they're able to work the problem out.

This is something different and more difficult. Not an easy fix. I know somewhat of what you are going through. My folks are both dead. I had to watch my father die. It wasn't easy.

You are not looking for pity. What a ignorant thing to say, Dom.

Thank you! But maybe I am looking for pity! Maybe I don't know what else to look for. No one's ever been able to really help. Pity's the next best thing!
28-07-2013, 02:38 PM
(26-07-2013 07:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 02:07 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  No. I am not his legal guardian. My parents pushed their responsibility for him off on me many years ago. Because they couldn't handle him. So, I had to take the responsibility. So, I love him and I hate him! I wasn't really looking for the help that I know I will never get when I started this thread. I was hoping to talk to others who have to live this way.

Anyone else going to die alone, because you have to invite someone to share their life with a crazy person?

Anyone else think the idea that I can just sprinkle "Happy Dust" on my brothers cheeseburger is a really stupid idea!

Anyone know anything about schitzophrenia? Anyone?

When my transgender daughter was originally diagnosed with schizophrenia I researched everything I could find about it. The more I read the more I realized that there was a good possibility that he (at the time he was still "he") was mis-diagnosed and that turned out to be true.

One thing that struck me when I was learning about schizophrenia was, yes, the family really does need to be involved and if you can get durable power of attorney then you can have more control over the situation.

There are once a month shots now. I believe it's called Invega Sustenna and another shot that is called Respiradel Consta. I think that one might be twice a month. Another newer medicine is Latuda and some patients have had good response to that. The shots work for some people because they don't have to remember to take their medicine everyday.

There is a new therapy called Cognitive Remediation Therapy. It seems to work for people with schizophrenia but it's hard to find someone experienced with this method. It's something beyond regular cognitive therapy by the way.

I don't know where you live but if you can find some mental health group it can help with the stress you are under.

One thing to remember is if you can keep your brother on the meds for a long, long time the dosage can be reduced. There are brain scans that seem to point to a part of the brain that is repaired by the medicines but they have to be on the meds long term. Years. I know they have terrible side effects though.

There is a supplement called NAC, short for N-acetylcysteine and another one called L- glutamine that has had some success with schizophrenia. There are studies going on using glutamine. You can get this at GNC stores or online.

I don't know how old your brother is but some people do live fairly normal lives and go to college. It's not easy but people actually do.

There is a forum on Schizophrenia.com and you might find some more answers there.

I wish you the best. My heart aches for you.

Thank you! I shouldn't say this to an atheist: But: "Bless you!
28-07-2013, 03:37 PM
(27-07-2013 02:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ameron pm'd me and I said something like this:

He asked what he should do.

This is what I suggested:

Google for treatment centers foe schizophrenia in your area

Look up their reviews and success rates etc., it's all online.

Pick the best one and call them.

Tell them you need advice and describe the situation.

This will, one way or another, send you on the road to finding out how to go about getting help.

Calling the police is not going to work, he is not a criminal. He is sick and one calls reputable doctors for advice. Their staff knows how to field these calls.

You said what you thought Dom. That's what you should do. I said what I thought. I wish I hadn't said it in such an angry way. But anger is what I felt. If god were out there, he would have made me perfect. But he isn't and neither of us are perfect.

Am I weak? Yes! Am I often wrong? Yes! I don't even know you, but you have been on my mind.

This is to anyone who is interested in anything I may have to say: I am a human being. I am wrong sometimes. I am right sometimes. Sometimes I am confused. I am scared, mean, horney, ugly on some days and beautiful others?

I won't always be right here. I won't always be pleasant. The "Devil" in me will creep up!

Should I go away? Am I too much too handle? Am I in the wrong place? Cause I don't know. If 5 of you tell me to leave, I will leave.
28-07-2013, 03:46 PM
You shouldnt leave,but you also shouldnt seek emotional support alone,but help for your brother as well.
I know you are human,and we humans seek emotional support most of the time,but untill you try to solve the problem,you will get more stressed

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
28-07-2013, 03:59 PM
(28-07-2013 03:37 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  

This will, one way or another, send you on the road to finding out how to go about getting help.

Calling the police is not going to work, he is not a criminal. He is sick and one calls reputable doctors for advice. Their staff knows how to field these calls.

You said what you thought Dom. That's what you should do. I said what I thought. I wish I hadn't said it in such an angry way. But anger is what I felt. If god were out there, he would have made me perfect. But he isn't and neither of us are perfect.

Am I weak? Yes! Am I often wrong? Yes! I don't even know you, but you have been on my mind.

This is to anyone who is interested in anything I may have to say: I am a human being. I am wrong sometimes. I am right sometimes. Sometimes I am confused. I am scared, mean, horney, ugly on some days and beautiful others?

I won't always be right here. I won't always be pleasant. The "Devil" in me will creep up!

Should I go away? Am I too much too handle? Am I in the wrong place? Cause I don't know. If 5 of you tell me to leave, I will leave.

Just take an hour of your life and google a good treatment center, call them and ask them for advice. That's all.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-07-2013, 05:38 PM
(28-07-2013 03:37 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  

No, don't go away. You need to vent, I'm sure.
Maybe someone here will say something that helps.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user