• 1 Votes - 3 Average
28-07-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Schitzophrenia
(28-07-2013 03:37 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 02:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ameron pm'd me and I said something like this:

He asked what he should do.

This is what I suggested:

Google for treatment centers foe schizophrenia in your area

Look up their reviews and success rates etc., it's all online.

Pick the best one and call them.

Tell them you need advice and describe the situation.

This will, one way or another, send you on the road to finding out how to go about getting help.

Calling the police is not going to work, he is not a criminal. He is sick and one calls reputable doctors for advice. Their staff knows how to field these calls.

You said what you thought Dom. That's what you should do. I said what I thought. I wish I hadn't said it in such an angry way. But anger is what I felt. If god were out there, he would have made me perfect. But he isn't and neither of us are perfect.

Am I weak? Yes! Am I often wrong? Yes! I don't even know you, but you have been on my mind.

This is to anyone who is interested in anything I may have to say: I am a human being. I am wrong sometimes. I am right sometimes. Sometimes I am confused. I am scared, mean, horney, ugly on some days and beautiful others?

I won't always be right here. I won't always be pleasant. The "Devil" in me will creep up!

Should I go away? Am I too much too handle? Am I in the wrong place? Cause I don't know. If 5 of you tell me to leave, I will leave.

You weren't angry at me, you were angry at the situation. This is the help section. People get emotional. But you probably are in the wrong place of you are looking for constructive help that will actually work. You can likely find that quite easily if you call a good treatment center and ask for advice. Let us know what they suggest, it may help someone else too who may be reading here.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2013, 09:39 AM
I think you are suffering from depression and probably have been for quite some time. How could you not be. There are few people who could have gone through what you have been through and not have deep scars. Having said that, Dom is right. You should seek treatment not only for your brother but for yourself.

Caregivers, and that is what you are, need support themselves.

This is the hardest part though....to motivate yourself enough to take the effort to look for help and then to actually pick up the phone and get that help. Motivation is what you lack. Not through any fault of you own, it's the situation you are in that has sapped all motivation from your life. But just knowing this and not blaming yourself is helpful to understand.

Where do you live? Do you live in a metropolitan area? Large enough to have therapists and psychologists and treatment centers?

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
29-07-2013, 10:59 AM
(29-07-2013 09:39 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think you are suffering from depression and probably have been for quite some time. How could you not be. There are few people who could have gone through what you have been through and not have deep scars. Having said that, Dom is right. You should seek treatment not only for your brother but for yourself.

This is the hardest part though....to motivate yourself enough to take the effort to look for help and then to actually pick up the phone and get that help. Motivation is what you lack. Not through any fault of you own, it's the situation you are in that has sapped all motivation from your life. But just knowing this and not blaming yourself is helpful to understand.

Where do you live? Do you live in a metropolitan area? Large enough to have therapists and psychologists and treatment centers?

I think you are right about the depression. Probably about the treatment. But, here's the thing about the treatment. And I'm not denying, or refusing or whatever. But it's never helped anyone I know who suffers from mental illness. My experience of the mental health system, is that it is a total failure! I know that's simplistic and probably false in the grand scheme of things. But those of us with the lowest number of dollars, rely on the lowest common denominator of mental health professional.

So, here is what I think is likely to happen if I choose to seek treatment for my depression: (By the way, I did try this once. I was having anxiety attacks. They put me on a drug that made me cry al the time.) Since I can't afford to pay for help, I'll find some government funded organization. This organization will be understaffed and overpopulated with patients. It will be forced, due to lack of funding, to attempt to solve the vast majority of its problems with drugs. It will not have the ability to seriously examine its patient's. I will become a number.

So, before you get mad at me and ask why the hell don't I get help: Read what I have said. I may be crazy. But I am not stupid!

Love to you all!
29-07-2013, 11:49 AM
(29-07-2013 10:59 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 09:39 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think you are suffering from depression and probably have been for quite some time. How could you not be. There are few people who could have gone through what you have been through and not have deep scars. Having said that, Dom is right. You should seek treatment not only for your brother but for yourself.

I think you are right about the depression. Probably about the treatment. But, here's the thing about the treatment. And I'm not denying, or refusing or whatever. But it's never helped anyone I know who suffers from mental illness. My experience of the mental health system, is that it is a total failure! I know that's simplistic and probably false in the grand scheme of things. But those of us with the lowest number of dollars, rely on the lowest common denominator of mental health professional.

So, here is what I think is likely to happen if I choose to seek treatment for my depression: (By the way, I did try this once. I was having anxiety attacks. They put me on a drug that made me cry al the time.) Since I can't afford to pay for help, I'll find some government funded organization. This organization will be understaffed and overpopulated with patients. It will be forced, due to lack of funding, to attempt to solve the vast majority of its problems with drugs. It will not have the ability to seriously examine its patient's. I will become a number.

So, before you get mad at me and ask why the hell don't I get help: Read what I have said. I may be crazy. But I am not stupid!

Love to you all!

This is a totally stupid question but do you happen to live near the Canadian boarder? They have national health care. Sarah Palin, that anti national health care bitch, would go across the boarder from Alaska and get free health care for herself and her family. What a moron.

Anyway, I understand your concern and no your not stupid.

Have you tried Yoga? Is there a community college nearby that has some yoga classes you could take? Or some Meetup group that does yoga for free.

Google Meetup.com. I belong to several Meetup groups. It's great if you're lonely but you have to actually go and keep going.

Yoga does help mental health. Here is some info.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15...34143.html

There is a form of Yoga called Yoga Nidra that helped me. You really have to keep doing it for it to really be effective. It can change you brain pattern. The brain is a plyable and plastic organ. If you can find a place to do yoga outside of the environment that gives you stress that's better for you.

Here's a sample.....

I tunes has yoga nidra too.

Try Yoga, Meetup.com and government health. It took eight different psychologists before my transgender daughter found someone who knew what they were doing. It has helped tremendously.

“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
29-07-2013, 12:40 PM
(29-07-2013 11:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 10:59 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I think you are right about the depression. Probably about the treatment. But, here's the thing about the treatment. And I'm not denying, or refusing or whatever. But it's never helped anyone I know who suffers from mental illness. My experience of the mental health system, is that it is a total failure! I know that's simplistic and probably false in the grand scheme of things. But those of us with the lowest number of dollars, rely on the lowest common denominator of mental health professional.

Love to you all!

This is a totally stupid question but do you happen to live near the Canadian boarder? They have national health care. Sarah Palin, that anti national health care bitch, would go across the boarder from Alaska and get free health care for herself and her family. What a moron.

Have you tried Yoga? Is there a community college nearby that has some yoga classes you could take? Or some Meetup group that does yoga for free.

Google Meetup.com. I belong to several Meetup groups. It's great if you're lonely but you have to actually go and keep going.

There is a form of Yoga called Yoga Nidra that helped me. You really have to keep doing it for it to really be effective. It can change you brain pattern. The brain is a plyable and plastic organ. If you can find a place to do yoga outside of the environment that gives you stress that's better for you.

Here's a sample.....

Try Yoga, Meetup.com and government health. It took eight different psychologists before my transgender daughter found someone who knew what they were doing. It has helped tremendously.

I live in Ky. Nowhere near Canada. I'm not going to get into the Sarah Palin debate. Other than to say that I doubt she could identify the state she lives in, with arrows (drawn by crayon) pointing to it! Wasn't that nice of me!

I have tried dating sites. (I don't know for sure if Meetup.com is a dating site?) And I scare people away pretty fast! As you may have noticed, I'm a lousy liar! So, most women don't want to date a man who might not be able to offer them the world.
I don't think yoga would work for me. I'm not a positive thinker. I can't imagine I am in a better place. I'm glad it works for you.

I wish you and your transgendered daughter all the happiness in the world! And I thank you for concern!
29-07-2013, 01:45 PM
(29-07-2013 12:40 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 11:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is a totally stupid question but do you happen to live near the Canadian boarder? They have national health care. Sarah Palin, that anti national health care bitch, would go across the boarder from Alaska and get free health care for herself and her family. What a moron.

Here's a sample.....

I live in Ky. Nowhere near Canada. I'm not going to get into the Sarah Palin debate. Other than to say that I doubt she could identify the state she lives in, with arrows (drawn by crayon) pointing to it! Wasn't that nice of me!

I have tried dating sites. (I don't know for sure if Meetup.com is a dating site?) And I scare people away pretty fast! As you may have noticed, I'm a lousy liar! So, most women don't want to date a man who might not be able to offer them the world.
I don't think yoga would work for me. I'm not a positive thinker. I can't imagine I am in a better place. I'm glad it works for you.

I wish you and your transgendered daughter all the happiness in the world! And I thank you for concern!

It's not a dating site just a place to meet people. It's pretty much world wide. I belong to a hiking meetup group also an arts and craft group, and a few others. There are atheists groups, gamers, movie buffs, history buffs, book clubs, cooking groups and all kinds of stuff. It's a mish-mash of interests. The hiking group I belong to costs 1 buck. Anyone can start their own meetup if they want.

Here's the one in Kentucky......

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/ky/louis...?offset=96

It's a good way to maybe see other people outside your home environment.

29-07-2013, 05:02 PM
(29-07-2013 10:59 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  They put me on a drug that made me cry al the time.

Girly don't need no drug for that brother.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-07-2013, 01:48 PM
(29-07-2013 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 10:59 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  They put me on a drug that made me cry al the time.

Girly don't need no drug for that brother.

Me either. Movies do it. Especially scene's where people are surrounded by all their wonderful friends and there's a group hug or something. And they're all living happily ever after! Nope! Can't relate to that!
30-07-2013, 01:53 PM
(29-07-2013 01:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 12:40 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I live in Ky. Nowhere near Canada. I'm not going to get into the Sarah Palin debate. Other than to say that I doubt she could identify the state she lives in, with arrows (drawn by crayon) pointing to it! Wasn't that nice of me!

It's not a dating site just a place to meet people. It's pretty much world wide. I belong to a hiking meetup group also an arts and craft group, and a few others. There are atheists groups, gamers, movie buffs, history buffs, book clubs, cooking groups and all kinds of stuff. It's a mish-mash of interests. The hiking group I belong to costs 1 buck. Anyone can start their own meetup if they want.

Thanks for the link. I might check it out. But I might not. Because I am wondering how much time I should spend in the virtual world. I realize that real people are behind the posts. But I don't need another addiction. I gotta start at least trying to do real things, in the real world.
30-07-2013, 02:11 PM
(30-07-2013 01:53 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 01:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's not a dating site just a place to meet people. It's pretty much world wide. I belong to a hiking meetup group also an arts and craft group, and a few others. There are atheists groups, gamers, movie buffs, history buffs, book clubs, cooking groups and all kinds of stuff. It's a mish-mash of interests. The hiking group I belong to costs 1 buck. Anyone can start their own meetup if they want.

Thanks for the link. I might check it out. But I might not. Because I am wondering how much time I should spend in the virtual world. I realize that real people are behind the posts. But I don't need another addiction. I gotta start at least trying to do real things, in the real world.

There is no substitute for being around real people. Nothing on the internet can replace actual contact with people in a face to face manner. Nothing. No video game can be the same as a smile from someone.

Try to keep your life closer to nature. Eat foods that are as close to their natural state as possible. You don't have to become a vegitarian but just try to eat closer to nature.