School Shooting in Portland OR today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2014, 10:42 AM
School Shooting in Portland OR today.
I know there are some people here from portland. Do your kids go to Reynolds. Are they okay? I'm worried.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: School Shooting in Portland OR today.
Current reports are saying there were no fatalities except the shooter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
10-06-2014, 10:47 AM
(10-06-2014 10:45 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Current reports are saying there were no fatalities except the shooter.

Oh I hope thats true. Poor kids. Sad
10-06-2014, 10:57 AM
No real information just yet. It seemed to be at a high school but that's all anyone would say until info could be substantiated.

I thought school was out. Not yet?

It's pretty sad if some kid felt the need to take him/herself out but taking others with him/her ... horrific. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
(10-06-2014 10:57 AM)kim Wrote:  No real information just yet. It seemed to be at a high school but that's all anyone would say until info could be substantiated.

I thought school was out. Not yet?

It's pretty sad if some kid felt the need to take him/herself out but taking others with him/her ... horrific. Undecided

I'm pretty sure this was the last week of school. Ugh. This makes my heart ache.
10-06-2014, 11:01 AM
One kid has been reported killed besides the shooter at this point/ Sadcryface
10-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Oh oh...
8:57 a.m.: Police are reporting that there were three shooters; two fled the scene. One of the shooters was caught at a church across the street.

Something's really wrong with this.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-06-2014, 11:08 AM
(10-06-2014 11:06 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh oh...
8:57 a.m.: Police are reporting that there were three shooters; two fled the scene. One of the shooters was caught at a church across the street.

Something's really wrong with this.

I just listened to the press conference. One shooter is dead. One student is dead, no news on any other shooters, not ready to talk about injuries yet. Sweep still not done.
10-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Ugh. What kind of world am I bringing my hobbit into.
10-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Update...
8:59 a.m.: Parents, briefed by police, said three shooters were involved. One of them, still in possession of a gun, was located at a nearby church. At least one victim was struck.

9:02 a.m.: Parents said they were told by police that the incident unfolded during first period gym class. A student said a teacher is among those wounded.

9:06 a.m: A student said the shooting took place in a locker room; the victim, a teacher, was taken out in stretcher.