School Thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-11-2012, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 12:14 PM by legendoflink.)
RE: School Thread.
I just act like me. People find things about me hilarious and just decide that I'm a good person to pick on, I guess. It hurts and I still haven't had a day where I don't end the night crying because of it. I just don't understand what I've done to make some people hate me so much.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2012, 04:50 PM
My best subject is choir. Because it doesn't require developing a tumor to figure out. My grades have been pretty good aside from my 61D in math BECAUSE OF LINEAR PROGRAMMING. I'll bitch and moan about how I got dumped last Saturday but I already have a date for this Saturday. Life is pretty sweet because I am the all mighty butt god and I touch about 20 peoples' butts a day and do not wash my hands.

High school is lovely.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2012, 04:52 PM
(30-11-2012 08:24 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  I just act like me. People find things about me hilarious and just decide that I'm a good person to pick on, I guess. It hurts and I still haven't had a day where I don't end the night crying because of it. I just don't understand what I've done to make some people hate me so much.
You're still being far too vague. Acting like yourself certainly doesn't cause rumors and bullying if it isn't something extraordinarily different from the "norm" or something weird. You'll have to be more specific.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
17-12-2012, 01:56 PM
(30-11-2012 08:24 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  I just act like me. People find things about me hilarious and just decide that I'm a good person to pick on, I guess. It hurts and I still haven't had a day where I don't end the night crying because of it. I just don't understand what I've done to make some people hate me so much.
You should look and think about you and your actions. I try and think of what I'd look like or how some might see me; I look at me from a 3rd person point of view. And my actions.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. - Gandhi
24-01-2013, 10:46 AM
My test results for the PSAT:

[Image: 4847C79C-7172-4548-9F69-95BE87C00B82-226...985db9.jpg]

What do u think?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-03-2013, 04:08 AM
School...

School's not going too great at the moment, inundated with work and I can't get any help or answers.

My biggest problem is an essay draft due on Wednesday based on the topic question: "Should genetic manipulation (gene therapy etc.) research receive more government funding?" Fuck if I can find an article which is actually relevant to the topic question...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
07-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Atothetheist: average test score for the PSAT is about 145-140. I know it technically should be 150 like the SAT's 1500 but I have taken both tests and the PSAT is harder, if not by much. The questions are more difficult even if the test is shorter. What you got is a good score for a sophomore.

School, for me, is going pretty well. I had a 4.3 GPA last semester and even though my grades went down from then because of my work on the robotics team (which was an extra 30-50 hours a week on top of school) I am still doing well.

As for discrimination... Well, I haven't really come out yet. I'm not the kind of person to yell "I'm an atheist!" at the top of my lungs. If someone asks me I tell the truth but the topic hasn't actually come up yet. I do have a few agnostic friends, but even my theistic friends probably wouldn't care if I told them straight up I was an atheist.

If anyone is having trouble with any subject try Khan Academy. the guy has a youtube channel and a website, and he gives lectures on damn near everything. http://www.khanacademy.org

Mea mihi conscientia pluris est quam omnium sermo
07-03-2013, 03:23 PM
(07-03-2013 09:14 AM)Aquila Wrote:  Atothetheist: average test score for the PSAT is about 145-140. I know it technically should be 150 like the SAT's 1500 but I have taken both tests and the PSAT is harder, if not by much. The questions are more difficult even if the test is shorter. What you got is a good score for a sophomore.

School, for me, is going pretty well. I had a 4.3 GPA last semester and even though my grades went down from then because of my work on the robotics team (which was an extra 30-50 hours a week on top of school) I am still doing well.

As for discrimination... Well, I haven't really come out yet. I'm not the kind of person to yell "I'm an atheist!" at the top of my lungs. If someone asks me I tell the truth but the topic hasn't actually come up yet. I do have a few agnostic friends, but even my theistic friends probably wouldn't care if I told them straight up I was an atheist.

If anyone is having trouble with any subject try Khan Academy. the guy has a youtube channel and a website, and he gives lectures on damn near everything. http://www.khanacademy.org

Please elaborate, are you saying that the Max you can get is 140-5 or are you saying students on average get 140-145?

Thanks for commenting. I don't scream about my disbelief, but I ain't hiding it, and if people want to know anything about why I am an atheist, then I will tell them.

07-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Students on average get 140-145. Max possible is 240, similar to the SAT's 2400. According to the College Board website the average score for 11th graders "was about 48 in Critical Reading, 48 in Mathematics, and 46 in Writing Skills. The average score for tenth graders was about 43 in Critical Reading, 43 in Mathematics, and 41 in Writing Skills". That would make the average composite scores 144 for 11th graders and 127 for 10th graders.

On another note, I actually told someone about my atheism today. One of my classmates who was in my confirmation class back asked me why I wasn't going to confirmation anymore, and I told him I was an atheist. It was the first time I out-and-out told one of my peers I was an atheist, so I felt the need to post.

Mea mihi conscientia pluris est quam omnium sermo
07-03-2013, 07:06 PM
(07-03-2013 06:12 PM)Aquila Wrote:  Students on average get 140-145. Max possible is 240, similar to the SAT's 2400. According to the College Board website the average score for 11th graders "was about 48 in Critical Reading, 48 in Mathematics, and 46 in Writing Skills. The average score for tenth graders was about 43 in Critical Reading, 43 in Mathematics, and 41 in Writing Skills". That would make the average composite scores 144 for 11th graders and 127 for 10th graders.

On another note, I actually told someone about my atheism today. One of my classmates who was in my confirmation class back asked me why I wasn't going to confirmation anymore, and I told him I was an atheist. It was the first time I out-and-out told one of my peers I was an atheist, so I felt the need to post.
Good for you, man/woman. I hope they took it well, though that may not be a likely outcome. Drinking Beverage