School Tragedies are Caused by Seperation of Church and State?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: School Tragedies are Caused by Seperation of Church and State?
(16-12-2012 09:21 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 09:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  society didn't murder those people.
Redirection again.
I never said society murdered those people.
I said that society – and that includes you – is collectively responsible for creating an environment that begs for atrocities like these massacres of totally innocent people and children. So deal with it and stop whining how terrible it all is. It comes with the territory.
I'm not whining about anything.

Society is collectively responsible? No. That mentally ill young man (and possibly his mother) is responsible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-12-2012, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 09:52 AM by Janus.)
(16-12-2012 09:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 09:21 AM)Janus Wrote:  Redirection again.
I never said society murdered those people.
I said that society – and that includes you – is collectively responsible for creating an environment that begs for atrocities like these massacres of totally innocent people and children. So deal with it and stop whining how terrible it all is. It comes with the territory.
I'm not whining about anything.

Society is collectively responsible? No. That mentally ill young man (and possibly his mother) is responsible.

No, the shooter is guilty for this incident. Society is responsible for its repetition.
Find all posts by this user
16-12-2012, 10:23 AM
The utter absurdity of some incredibly STUPID people:

Quote:Christian radio host Bryan Fischer took to his American Family Association radio show this afternoon to say that God didn’t stop the horrific Connecticut elementary school shooting spree because he does not go “where he is not wanted.”

Fischer made the case that, in his mind, God would have protected the shooting victims had there been a system of school prayer and a respect for the Ten Commandments in public classrooms.
I find it amazing that, to prove some sort of point that "god isn't wanted in public schools", this "god" would allow 20 innocent children [and6 adults] to die, at the expense of their families. If that is the kind of game that this "god" plays, then it isn't worthy of being anywhere in our human lives. IF this "god" existed, yet allowed this to happen, then it is truly as evil as any entity that has every existed.
[+] 4 users Like DeavonReye's post
16-12-2012, 11:00 AM
(15-12-2012 11:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Now this classic is making it's rounds again

[Image: 644188_526552814037754_1413004826_n.jpg]
Check out this response:
http://imgur.com/cDklt

[Image: cDklt]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 3 users Like Debzilla's post
16-12-2012, 11:04 AM
(15-12-2012 11:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Now this classic is making it's rounds again

We need a counter-shirt that says something like:

Dear God,
Why do you allow so much violence in our schools?
Signed,
A concerned student

Dear concerned student,
Why would I single out schools when I allow violence everywhere else?
God

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
16-12-2012, 11:08 AM
(16-12-2012 11:00 AM)Debzilla Wrote:  

Check out this response:

Ha! I hadn't refreshed my screen before my last post so I didn't see that. That's funny!

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
16-12-2012, 11:15 AM
(16-12-2012 11:00 AM)Debzilla Wrote:  

Check out this response:

Instant classic. Made me smile Wink Thanks for sharing. Now this one is going around
[Image: 32327_450533078344257_1327946559_n.jpg]

Am I the only one seeing this kind of idiotic stuff plastered all over facebook, or is it just my bible belt folks? It's not often I am even remotely surprised at how stupid the dogmatic can be, but every once in a while they're will be a terrible tragedy which will serve as a rallying cry for them to just...generally make fool out of themselves, oftentimes at public expense. I'm usually a pretty apathetic atheist, but this kind of stuff can be dangerous, is insulting, and really makes me wish I could just do away with religion.

At it's best religion can be used to help cope with a difficult reality. At it's worst it is used as a tool to take away the rights of some for the benefits of others and causes hatred while preaching love.

16-12-2012, 11:21 AM
(15-12-2012 11:22 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Christians are so stupid. The separation of church and state is what prevents one church from declaring the other religions as false and illegal.

Thank you for posting this. I was looking for just type of thing this morning and you probably saved me a couple hours of searching. A "friend" posted about how god's not allowed in school and that's why this all happened in Connecticut. I'm just sick of ignorance. Either we believe in the constitution or we don't. I guess many just don't. When I pointed this out to them, she said that's why she's sending her children to a Christian charter school (funded no less by our tax dollars). I said well don't complain when a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish or some batshit crazy cult forms their own Charter school. Personally, I believe none of this belongs in any school funded in any way by our tax dollars. If Christians want to open a low cost school subsidized by donation that's fine. But keep my tax dollars out of it.
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Ah yes, I've seen this shared around Facebook, it has around 700k shares or so now.
I don't get how any believer would think that this is a clever message to share. I'm sure, I don't have to explain to anyone on this forum, how small and incredibly petty Gawd is, according to this shirt.
Seems to me believers mock themselves and their own Gawd without knowing.
[+] 2 users Like xieulong's post
16-12-2012, 04:25 PM
(16-12-2012 11:15 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 11:00 AM)Debzilla Wrote:  Check out this response:

Instant classic. Made me smile Wink Thanks for sharing. Now this one is going around
[Image: 32327_450533078344257_1327946559_n.jpg]

[Image: restoredfresco.jpg]
Someone needs to replace that Jesus with the more modern version of him.

Now, what insanely bothers me like much others who have posted is the fact that God exist he did nothing. If anything at all he helped the person who committed this tragedy. Why do people see a just God when children are killed like this. It is insane. I heard my Christian friends saying they wished the principal had a gun so she could fight back but I asked can't God simply interfere? He did with floods, and warfare. He committed tragedy after tragedy. So instead why couldn't he prevent one? Instead God watched as children were shot multiple times. Watched as the person that he created and designed was fulfilling the acts God completely knew would happen. He watched as the person destroyed his other creations who's only purpose was to live to that point and become victims and create horrific sadness to those families. He watched as the madman who needed him most, who he could have helped or deter his actions finished his slaughter and took his own life. God did all this for people to cry, for families to suffer and remain in disbelief as he planned this countless years before just so we can be appalled at his apparent act of carelessness. If a God like this exist it is an enemy against humanity. If a God doesn't exist then the Universe has never owed you a thing. Even life.

I'm just in disbelief. I Don't believe this will be the last time we hear of horrors like these. If a God exists he knows each and every single one, the people, the act, the lives and the time. He knows but this is part of some radicalized plan? Is it not?

Sorry, typing from phone might have some errors.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post