School Tragedies are Caused by Seperation of Church and State?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2012, 12:58 AM
School Tragedies are Caused by Seperation of Church and State?
So, I knew living in the bible belt as an atheist can be...overwhelming sometimes. The attached post is from a friend, and it was liked by mostly mutual friends, and some of my family members through marriage a total of 41 times in the matter of a few hours. The scary thing is that most of them would definitely blame atheists for taking their god out of school. Of course God is not absent in school, I can assure you. Far from it. Prayer in school led by a faculty member was the norm when I graduated nine years ago, and the overwhelming majority of the students were part of a Christian club. The school even hired a Christian metal band to come play in our gym, twice. All of these people know that as well, most of them attended the same school.

So what do these people want? To ensure the rest of America is like our town? Do they want to shut up non-believers? Mandantory preaching in school? Do these people earnestly beleive that violence in school is because of separation of church and state?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
School Tragedies are Caused by Seperation of Church and State? - Dark Light - 15-12-2012 12:58 AM