School hierarchy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2013, 05:38 PM
School hierarchy
Is school hierarchy in USA really the same as in the movies? Do the weak and the 'nerds' really get that much bullied?
Here its kinda the opposite.
We do have like groups here,big 'nerd' groups, and many small groups of friends, and 'nerds' dont get bullied at all.
They get many compliments of every one.
I am not popular,but also not neglected.
I am the youngest student on school,but i am tall and big . I really suck at sport,but i score really good at stamina exercises.
The worst i had was funny comments at my shoes because i could never afford new shoes if they began to show signs of wear.
I think we dont get bullied here,because the others couldnt finish school without our help,but thats just my thoughts.

So,can you explain how the system works there in US?

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2013, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2013 06:23 PM by yumeji.)
RE: School hierarchy
I can't say how it is in medium to big public schools in the United States. That being said, I attended a small school; 100ish kids total, 40 High School, my graduating class of 5.

In that school, being bullied would never go unheard. It was a real life form of the various phrases that go like "5 seconds later everyone in the school knows." We still had the usual cliques. I was the odd one "in" though, since I was apart of every group.

However, before that school I went to a relatively large (to me) private christian school with somewhere around 500 students. That place was horrendous. More sex and drugs then any other school I have been to since (when I was a teacher). Although it was funny, when I knew a student was high on mushrooms and he was really "getting into" the required Wednesday service. Bullying was also a big issue there, hardly a week went by without someone getting into a fight or being reduced to tears. I was very happy when I ended up in the high school I graduated from, that private school was stressful all the time.

[Image: 8f5350541886bd1c9ebb5764ec8ea4ed.jpg]

In that private school, this would happen. But usually included "because they are god fearing kids."

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
18-06-2013, 06:00 PM
It would depend on what movie you are talking about as to just how accurate it is to real life bullying in school, but yeah, for the most part I think how it is perceived is pretty accurate. At least it was for me growing up. Kids can be ruthless.

I was bullied some, and I participated in my fair share of bullying, sad to say. Peer pressure to fit in when you can is very powerful, especially when you're not exactly king stud on campus. I pretty much got along with everybody for the most part, but like I said I took some and gave some.

America is awash in the "I'm tougher than you" mentality, particularly in the south and midwest. It has been forever.

Bullies get through school with the help of the "nerds" simply because they'll kick the shit out of them if they don't help. Undecided

I'm older now so I'm not as in tune with the younger generation, so I guess I'm a bit confused as to why bullying is such a big deal in the media lately. I guess it's because of the rash of suicides that has been happening. Not sure what the exact cause of it is. Bullying sucked when I was in school, but it was a part of life. You took your lumps and if you were tough/stupid enough you gave some back and that was it.

Perhaps it's the internet. Bullying has spread online and become so easily seen and shared by all of one's peers. Maybe that's why it feels so out of control and hopeless for kids today, once it's online it's in the public view forever.

Not being able to stand face to face with someone tormenting you would be awful. At least on the playground or in the hallway the bully had to look you straight in the eye and give it to you. Chicken shits today just have to sit in their rooms at home and they have all the time and anonymity in the world to pick apart someone else.

I guess it's a different time. Drinking Beverage

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
18-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Well let some1 beat the hell out of a kid and we will give him worse.
I guess its unite and fight.

I know this one time, there was this boy. He was like "im the toughest one around here. Ima going to verbally abuse the shit out of every one. Dont care if im popular or not". Then one time he decided to mess with the nerds. And he made the huge mistake of getting into a fight with one us. We beat the shit outa him. He decided to complain to the teacher and twist the story completely. The teacher knew him and knew he always coused trouble,and knew us,we never coused trouble,we were sometimes to noisy,we always got exelent grades, and then its the story of half the class against a boy who always coused trouble.
We did get punishment(half hour stay on school to make homework,like that is punishment Laugh out load ) and after that he didnt mess with people anymore.

That is one of the few things that hapened.

Now in college,try beating a kid who did nothing and you will face me soon.

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
30-06-2013, 10:56 PM
(18-06-2013 06:18 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Well let some1 beat the hell out of a kid and we will give him worse.
I guess its unite and fight.

I know this one time, there was this boy. He was like "im the toughest one around here. Ima going to verbally abuse the shit out of every one. Dont care if im popular or not". Then one time he decided to mess with the nerds. And he made the huge mistake of getting into a fight with one us. We beat the shit outa him. He decided to complain to the teacher and twist the story completely. The teacher knew him and knew he always coused trouble,and knew us,we never coused trouble,we were sometimes to noisy,we always got exelent grades, and then its the story of half the class against a boy who always coused trouble.
We did get punishment(half hour stay on school to make homework,like that is punishment Laugh out load ) and after that he didnt mess with people anymore.

That is one of the few things that hapened.

Now in college,try beating a kid who did nothing and you will face me soon.

Nice, you're a good person. I try to do the same, though I am weak, and can't do as much as a normal person.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
(30-06-2013 10:56 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  though I am weak

Your feeble skills are no match for the power the dark side!
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post