School in Slovenia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 02:36 AM
School in Slovenia
A funny thing happened in my neighbor country, Slovenia. The school year has started, parents bought the books and notebooks. A mother of one kid noticed something strange on the last page of one normal notebook that her child was using.

This is the first page, as you can see, it is a normal notebook, for school children.

[Image: 0019007.48.jpg]

But when you turn the last page, you get a lot of English Internet abbreviations. I personally like this, but I do not think it is appropriate for kids in elementary school. See for yourself.

[Image: 0021007.63.jpg]

Funny, ha?

Thumbsup

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
25-09-2012, 02:43 AM
RE: School in Slovenia
I disagree! This is EXACTLY what kids need to know! They'll probably learn most of it anyway, so why bother hiding it?

Now to tell the primary school kids what mummy and daddy were really doing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
25-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Honestly I don't think it is inappropriate. I worked in kindergarten and heard kids saying really harsh stuff; "fuck" and "ass" are nothing. It takes them two weeks and those words are gonna be in their regular vocabular anyway. I don't care if those shortcuts are being explained in their notebook or if I explain it to them when we are sitting on the computer together, because I would explain them. They are going to be bombarded with this kind of stuff anyway, and early, so I'd rather have them learn things in a save environment than have them run into it unprepared. And especially these shortcuts, in forums and chats they are so common and kids are getting on computers earlier than we did, so I'd rather have them understand what that stuff means they are going to read.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-09-2012, 04:34 AM
So, do you people see how indoctrinated I am with this false Christian hypocrisy, when I thought that you will all be horrified with this? Now when I think about this, you are right, this is not something so bad, but it made me feel it was bad, because I was raised that way... You know, bad words, kids and school, don't go together. Or so I thought...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-09-2012, 06:49 AM
There just words.... If I ever have kids I will raise them with respect and teach them that swearing is up to them.... as long as it is in the right context, whilst they live under my roof.

When they leave the world is there oyster... tis up to them.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-09-2012, 07:41 AM
[Image: bitches-be-crazy-meme-generator-bitches-...629695.jpg]

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
25-09-2012, 09:52 AM
^^^^^ I think that is two people.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-09-2012, 02:32 PM
School in Slovenia
Are you serious? There's a country called Slovenia? For real?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-09-2012, 02:33 PM
(25-09-2012 02:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are you serious? There's a country called Slovenia? For real?

It's right next to Slobovia.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-09-2012, 02:39 PM
(25-09-2012 02:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 02:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are you serious? There's a country called Slovenia? For real?

It's right next to Slobovia.

That one I've heard of. We used to tell a lot of Slobovian jokes when I was growing up.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My