School is ruining my appetite for science.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: School is ruining my appetite for science.
Oh undercover I'm so sorry. Having a teacher who is not at all a good teacher is a drag.

Have you thought about possibly approaching the teacher? I mean, don't be confrontational. Just approach her after class some time and let her know how you are feeling. She may be stuck in a "rut" or something and not even realise whats going on, and being approached might snap her around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Stop giving such importance to grades, that's a guaranteed trip to disappointment. Simple as that, if you can't stop giving fucks about grades, then you should masturbate more often.

About the teacher, use the class to draw butts and learn the things you like from youtube, try to cover the subjects you'll be tested on.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Dont bother too much about grades. The only importance of grades is that they have to be good enough so you can go to the university of your choice.

School is not designed to value creative thinking, or out of the box thinking, or evaluative thinking. You name it. If you show any of these remarkable capabilities, your grades may suffer. Dont get discouraged by it.

But you definitely need to learn how to write good exams. Try to understand what the teacher wants from you in that particular question. Dont answer questions to your own satisfaction but to that of the teacher.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
08-12-2013, 04:18 PM
(08-12-2013 01:01 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  What really bothers me is the fact that scoring low (an 82 is low for me) on a test makes me feel horrible throughout my entire being.

In school, it is not the learning that is important to me, it seems to be my grades that stand out in importance.

I do not think that is how it should be.

An 82 is a low for you?

Count yerself lucky, man. My Biology (only science course I really took this year) average for tests was probably around 60-75. Highest marks I got was an 81 once...

Here is my philosobull for not only school but most of life: Try to expect the absolute worst (within reason) in any given situation, but pursue it as normal. That way you can never be disappointed with the outcome, only pleasantly surprised.

Just stick to learning, leave the tests out of your concentration, just solidify that knowledge.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-12-2013, 04:33 PM
I know that feel bro.
I have a completely retarded chem teacher this year.
I went from scoring 95+ to scoring 75-90
it sucks,but i study for myself now,and if i don't understand something,i look it up online

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-12-2013, 06:11 PM
If you are brave, DEFEND YOURSELF! Defend your mind, your curiosity! It's what is going to save your life and sanity! School kills thinking and thinking is what sustains us in old age, it keeps senility and future shock at bay.
Everyone knows that the industrial school model is sooooo fucked up, it's neurotoxic. We all know it's bullshit, obsolete, ineffective and so on, but it's good at one thing: fucking up people so much that they can't think of anything else, that they're unable to bring real changes. That needs some critical mass of thinking people in right places, apparently.

Learning is not a chore, it's satisfying of curiosity. Mind is not a database, it's a weapon. Thinking is not a work, it's a martial art. Curiosity is not a vice, it's an energy.

What about you learn the stuff yourself? Invent some very polite excuse. Say you've got a different learning style, learning disability or something and that you need a different than classroom teaching style. Ask the teacher politely about the syllabus. Or say that you can't be present at the classes because of something, if that works for you. If the teacher insists on attendance, ask for some extra work or test or something to prove yourself.

Then get on the internet and find the most fun stuff to explain the subjects - electricity and so on. Watch Youtube videos, read the textbook and so on. Take the text and use some text to speech software like Balabolka to put the text into voice and listen to it.

But before you do that, google up self-education techniques first.

08-12-2013, 06:52 PM
That is the thing. I am not brave (enough)

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....