School...running out of steam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 01:53 PM
School...running out of steam
So, I have been going to school for what seems like forever. Going part time and being sick right after starting slowed me down.

I have a final tomorrow night, one next Tuesday night and one next Saturday morning. Undecided

UGH! Seems like I will never get done but in truth I just signed up for two classes for next semester, one elective and my last required course. Then I will be done and can say I finally accomplished the major item on my list of things to do before I die.

Not doing too bad for an old broad that had been out of school for 34 years before finally making it to college. That and two major surgeries within the first year and that goddamn math mental block of mine, sure has made it challenging. I am still on the honor roll and pretty proud of that. Thumbsup

Course I will probably be bored when I am done. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
03-12-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: School...running out of steam
Agreed, your school needs more Steam
[Image: Square_Steam_Logo.png]

My uncle has been studying for his PhD since I was kid. That makes it at least 30 years + for him too since he's pushing 50 years old.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
03-12-2013, 02:00 PM
(03-12-2013 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, I have been going to school for what seems like forever. Going part time and being sick right after starting slowed me down.

I have a final tomorrow night, one next Tuesday night and one next Saturday morning. Undecided

UGH! Seems like I will never get done but in truth I just signed up for two classes for next semester, one elective and my last required course. Then I will be done and can say I finally accomplished the major item on my list of things to do before I die.

Not doing too bad for an old broad that had been out of school for 34 years before finally making it to college. That and two major surgeries within the first year and that goddamn math mental block of mine, sure has made it challenging. I am still on the honor roll and pretty proud of that. Thumbsup

Course I will probably be bored when I am done. Tongue

You go girl!

Around the world and Back Snap

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-12-2013, 02:04 PM
I know the feeling. At least your end goal is within sight. I have 3 semesters left at 17+ units and $10,000 per semester before I can say that, at which point I will have about 150 units and still not have a bachelor's degree. Dodgy
It took me about 7 years going part time and taking a few semesters off for various reasons to get my associates, and I know a lot of other students, particularly those who are older than your average college student, who have taken a while to reach their educational goals. It takes a lot to get yourself back in once you've left the educational world for a while. It's hard work. Congrats on sticking with it.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
You'll do just fine Anj! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
03-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Sounds like you're just tuckering out because it's the home stretch... don't get caught up in discouragement now, you just have a short ways to go to get the prize! Smile

Best thing to do is rest up during the holiday break - put every thought of school out of your mind. Then, when school starts back up... treat your last semester like it's your first and focus on nothing but school.

Always cross any finish line as if you still have 60 yards to go... it will make the winning much more sweet and the celebration will be worth far more than every stride taken. Thumbsup

And pics or... you know. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-12-2013, 03:25 PM
That's very cool Anjele. Thumbsup

(03-12-2013 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, I have been going to school for what seems like forever. ... Course I will probably be bored when I am done. Tongue

My employer has an aggressive posture on continuing education and the People's Republic of Maryland waives tuition for old people when they retire so I doubt I will ever stop going to school. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Doing well AnjeThumbsup;I didn't start Uni till round 34.