School shooting at SC Elementary School

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2016, 01:13 PM
School shooting at SC Elementary School
Another school shooting:

CNN Link

Quote:Two children and a teacher were shot by a teenage gunman at an elementary school in Townville, South Carolina, a spokesman for the Anderson County Sheriff's Office told reporters Wednesday afternoon. The two students were sent to a local trauma center, the spokesman said. The teacher was also hospitalized. The shooter is in custody. The severity of the injuries is not known.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: School shooting at SC Elementary School
According to the coroner, a man was found dead on Osborne Road near the school and the death is possibly related to the shooting at the school.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Looks like the teenaged shooter is in custody...

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/ne.../91227346/

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
28-09-2016, 01:47 PM
(28-09-2016 01:22 PM)kim Wrote:  Looks like the teenaged shooter is in custody...

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/ne.../91227346/

Just another day in America?

Looking at the linked news: shooting in hotel, "threatening" list ref an academy... Presumably this is just a smallish town?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
28-09-2016, 01:48 PM
My worst nightmare. Far worse than all the terror stories that politicians and media run 24/7. What kind of monster shoots up an elementary school?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
28-09-2016, 01:56 PM
(28-09-2016 01:48 PM)tomilay Wrote:  My worst nightmare. Far worse than all the terror stories that politicians and media run 24/7. What kind of monster shoots up an elementary school?

The kind of monster who is allowed access to firearms.

We had our own in Scotland, Dunblane, 16 kids and a teacher, in 1996.

28-09-2016, 02:55 PM
(28-09-2016 01:56 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 01:48 PM)tomilay Wrote:  My worst nightmare. Far worse than all the terror stories that politicians and media run 24/7. What kind of monster shoots up an elementary school?

The kind of monster who is allowed access to firearms.

Not quite...

The kind of monster that illegally gained access to firearms.

Allowed - it's not......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-09-2016, 03:05 PM
(28-09-2016 02:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 01:56 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  The kind of monster who is allowed access to firearms.

Not quite...

Allowed - it's not......

Ah, did I miss something, admit I did not read every word. Was this person actually on the banned list - too young, insane, a criminal... ?

But does every legal owner keep his or her gun in a locker and ammo in a seperate safe place, when not actually in his or her possession, so it can not easily be "borrowed" or stolen?

Or are guns just "tools" to some, like shovels, hammers, carving knives . . . ?

[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
28-09-2016, 03:16 PM
(28-09-2016 03:05 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 02:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Not quite...

Allowed - it's not......

Ah, did I miss something, admit I did not read every word. Was this person actually on the banned list - too young, insane, a criminal... ?

But does every legal owner keep his or her gun in a locker and ammo in a seperate safe place, when not actually in his or her possession, so it can not easily be "borrowed" or stolen?

You're just going to get ignored or blown off. Ardent gunners are not about responsibility. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-09-2016, 03:30 PM
(28-09-2016 03:16 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 03:05 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Ah, did I miss something, admit I did not read every word. Was this person actually on the banned list - too young, insane, a criminal... ?

You're just going to get ignored or blown off. Ardent gunners are not about responsibility. Drinking Beverage

Sorry, 'Zilla, are you saying "ardent gunners" are irresponsible, thus complicit, due to their negligence, in such shootings? In that case is the negligent owner prosecuted?

I have to admit a person with a carving knife can be as dangerous at short range, and that can be easily obtained from the kitchen and hidden up a sleeve.