School shooting at SC Elementary School

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: School shooting at SC Elementary School
(28-09-2016 03:05 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Or are guns just "tools" to some, like shovels, hammers, carving knives . . . ?

If only that were the case gun control would not be an issue.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Update from the same article:

Quote:The three victims wounded in a shooting Wednesday afternoon were struck by bullets from a handgun, Capt. Garland Major of the Anderson County Sheriff's Office in South Carolina said. One student was hit in a leg and another student was struck in a foot. The teacher was wounded in a shoulder, Major said.

As noted by Kim earlier, this death is linked:

Quote:A man who is related to the suspected shooter at a South Carolina elementary school was found dead Wednesday afternoon of a gunshot wound, Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore told reporters.

They've not released any info on the shooter yet, other than they are a teenager and in custody.

Situation sucks ass, but it could've been much, much worse.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-09-2016, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2016 03:12 AM by DLJ.)
(28-09-2016 03:30 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 03:16 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You're just going to get ignored or blown off. Ardent gunners are not about responsibility. Drinking Beverage

Sorry, 'Zilla, are you saying "ardent gunners" are irresponsible, thus complicit, due to their negligence, in such shootings? In that case is the negligent owner prosecuted?
Each case on it's own merits would be a great idea, don't you think? Or were you just trying to construct a stawman argument?
Quote: I have to admit a person with a carving knife can be as dangerous at short range, and that can be easily obtained from the kitchen and hidden up a sleeve.
Again we get the false equivalence.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2016, 04:39 PM
(28-09-2016 03:16 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 03:05 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Ah, did I miss something, admit I did not read every word. Was this person actually on the banned list - too young, insane, a criminal... ?

But does every legal owner keep his or her gun in a locker and ammo in a seperate safe place, when not actually in his or her possession, so it can not easily be "borrowed" or stolen?

Or are guns just "tools" to some, like shovels, hammers, carving knives . . . ?

You're just going to get ignored or blown off. Ardent gunners are not about responsibility. Drinking Beverage

Piss off. My guns are locked up as are all responsible gun owners' guns.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-09-2016, 05:11 PM
(28-09-2016 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 03:16 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You're just going to get ignored or blown off. Ardent gunners are not about responsibility. Drinking Beverage

As usual, you're the grumpy bastard. If you have your guns secured safely, like I do, no problems. Hyperdefensiveness is a sign of insecurity.
28-09-2016, 05:20 PM
(28-09-2016 05:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Piss off. My guns are locked up as are all responsible gun owners' guns.

As usual, you're the grumpy bastard. If you have your guns secured safely, like I do, no problems. Hyperdefensiveness is a sign of insecurity.

I'm not defensive; I'm just pointing out that your generalization is stupid.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-09-2016, 05:25 PM
If they're locked up how am I supposed to get them to the mall?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Homeschooled 14 year old kid shot father, then shot people at school.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-09-2016, 06:40 PM
(28-09-2016 05:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 05:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  As usual, you're the grumpy bastard. If you have your guns secured safely, like I do, no problems. Hyperdefensiveness is a sign of insecurity.

I'm not defensive; I'm just pointing out that your generalization is stupid.

Explain my generalization, and be less stupid about the random insults, if you possibly can?
28-09-2016, 10:34 PM
(28-09-2016 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  

But, like dog owners, drivers, parents etc. there are two kinds of human - those who do and those who don't give a shit. In the case of guns those who do should be fighting for strict regulation over those who don't to prevent all getting a bad name. One count and you are out for life; or in for a long term.

Same goes for DUTI.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.