Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.
Isn't it amazing what fear does to people?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 09:53 AM
(18-12-2015 09:49 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We fought for years to stop the christian dolts from doing sneaky shit like this. There is absolutely no reason for any public school to inject ANY religion into the classroom unless it's to learn the basics of culture.

This goes too far. I don't care what religion it is. I'd be just as pissed if my kid was forced to write "Jesus is the only God and Abraham is his messenger."

These parents have every right to be pissed about this happening in public schools. And atheists should be right there with these parents, not siding with Muslim apologists.

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-12-2015, 09:55 AM
(18-12-2015 09:49 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We fought for years to stop the christian dolts from doing sneaky shit like this. There is absolutely no reason for any public school to inject ANY religion into the classroom unless it's to learn the basics of culture.

This goes too far. I don't care what religion it is. I'd be just as pissed if my kid was forced to write "Jesus is the only God and Abraham is his messenger."

These parents have every right to be pissed about this happening in public schools. And atheists should be right there with these parents, not siding with Muslim apologists.

How many of those students do you suppose can read Arabic? Consider

It's a fucking calligraphy exercise.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-12-2015, 09:59 AM

See, I have no problem with it. They're studying religions of the world, in a world geography class. I'm not worried about an assignment trying to convert my kids. Given the context of the class, it's appropriate.

I would have a problem if were a math or science class, or even English class doing this.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-12-2015, 09:59 AM
(18-12-2015 09:53 AM)BnW Wrote:  

What the actual fuck are you talking about?
You're one of the smartest people on this forum. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't play fucking stupid.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
18-12-2015, 10:01 AM
And, it's a single fucking sentence.

Seriously, I don't know how Helmet is able to leave the house each day and overcome the fear that today is the day the terrorists win.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
18-12-2015, 10:04 AM
(18-12-2015 09:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

See, I have no problem with it. They're studying religions of the world, in a world geography class. I'm not worried about an assignment trying to convert my kids. Given the context of the class, it's appropriate.

I would have a problem if were a math or science class, or even English class doing this.

Why are they practicing calligraphy in geography class? Why that choice of words? Why not something secular in Arabic?

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
18-12-2015, 10:06 AM
(18-12-2015 10:01 AM)BnW Wrote:  And, it's a single fucking sentence.

Seriously, I don't know how Helmet is able to leave the house each day and overcome the fear that today is the day the terrorists win.

I think the townspeople's actions demonstrate the the terrorists are ahead on points. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-12-2015, 10:06 AM
(18-12-2015 09:59 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 09:53 AM)BnW Wrote:  What the actual fuck are you talking about?
You're one of the smartest people on this forum. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't play fucking stupid.

First, I'm flattered but I doubt it.

Second, I do and I think you're a fool for believing it.

This has fuck all to do with "Muslim apologists". It's a single sentence and the point of the assignment was to focus on the writing and the culture. They used a sentence that is pertinent to the culture being studied. It's not in any way an endorsement of religion or some kind of pro Muslim propaganda.

And, I reject the notion that the sentence was inappropriate because people are idiots. But, that said, while I think the reaction here is beyond ridiculous, it was also predictable.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
18-12-2015, 10:07 AM
(18-12-2015 10:01 AM)BnW Wrote:  And, it's a single fucking sentence.

Of all the things that could have been chosen to be written, the Muslim declaration was all they could think of?

This is acceptable to you?

Well it isn't to me. I've raised hell for less at my kids school when they try to sneak something christian in.

Now I can't speak for the parents in this case. Maybe it is about the Islam element for them. For me its about religion in school. Any religion.