Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 12:10 PM
(18-12-2015 10:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  Since none of them read Arabic, it doesn't matter what it says. Drinking Beverage

It does matter what it says. It amazes me how so many atheists are tolerant and PC when it comes to islam.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 12:42 PM
RE: Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.
(18-12-2015 12:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 10:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  Since none of them read Arabic, it doesn't matter what it says. Drinking Beverage

It does matter what it says. It amazes me how so many atheists are tolerant and PC when it comes to islam.

I find that most atheists are more strongly against Christianity because thats who they have been arguing with for so long.

I see it in my local chapters of the FFRF and American Atheist groups. These guys have a fit if ANYTHING christian happens at a public school. I mean they go nuts. But if it's something to do with Islam they don't really care. They shrug it off and say something like "well they're just trying to teach the kids about culture." I don't think these guys are secret Muslims, they're just anti christian because they've been around Christianity more, or used to battling the loud Christians on forums and in debates. Also I think it has something to do with trying to be so anti racism that they won't even criticize anyone non-white for fear of being labeled racist.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
18-12-2015, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2015 02:07 PM by ClydeLee.)

I find saying, what it says matters Is more "pc" of a choice. Than saying what purpose involved would make that thing?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-12-2015, 01:18 PM

Nonsense. If you think this is PC, you have no clue what that term actually means.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
18-12-2015, 02:36 PM
(18-12-2015 12:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 12:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  It does matter what it says. It amazes me how so many atheists are tolerant and PC when it comes to islam.
I find saying, what it says matters Is more "pc" of a choice. Than saying what purpose involved would make that thing?

Without looking at the content, I can see how an uninformed observer can say that. However, there is little to no PC about me or my viewpoints.
18-12-2015, 02:49 PM
It was not inappropriate but the phrase was ill-advised. It might have been better to find a sentence from, say, one of the Ali Baba stories. I realize availability could be an issue, but there are mosques all over the country and I'm sure it would be easy to find an imam who could supply something acceptable.
18-12-2015, 03:13 PM

How does that make me "tolerant and PC when it comes to islam"?

Which part of it's a fucking calligraphy exercise for characters they can't even fucking read don't you get? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-12-2015, 03:30 PM
(18-12-2015 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 12:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  It does matter what it says. It amazes me how so many atheists are tolerant and PC when it comes to islam.

How does that make me "tolerant and PC when it comes to islam"?

Which part of it's a fucking calligraphy exercise for characters they can't even fucking read don't you get? Consider

When I first read this story I thought it included the translation. But, you're right and it doesn't. It simple says it's the Islamic statement of faith.

I can't believe we're even debating the insanity of what happened.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
18-12-2015, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2015 03:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
I bet the parents wouldn't have had a problem with this (if they even fucking knew what it says). They probably think that's Arabic as well. Idiots.
לא יהיו לך אלהים אחרים על פני.

This kinda shit don't happen in PG County.

We close schools for holidays I ain't even heard of. Eid al-Fitr, Eid al-Adha and Diwali in addition to Yom Kippur, Passover, Christmas, and Election Day.

#sigh
18-12-2015, 05:04 PM
(18-12-2015 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which part of it's a fucking calligraphy exercise for characters they can't even fucking read don't you get? Consider

If you can read then you can clearly see that it says it's the islamic statement of faith. It doesn't have to be spelled out word for word.

What if the calligraphy said "death to America"? Would you still feel the same? The kids wouldn't know the difference so it's ok right?