Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.
الموت لأمريكا.

الموت للإسلام.

Both look like random scribbles to me. Bet the fundie parents wouldn't have objected to the latter.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 05:26 PM
(18-12-2015 05:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which part of it's a fucking calligraphy exercise for characters they can't even fucking read don't you get? Consider

If you can read then you can clearly see that it says it's the islamic statement of faith. It doesn't have to be spelled out word for word.

What if the calligraphy said "death to America"? Would you still feel the same? The kids wouldn't know the difference so it's ok right?

Why would that change a damn thing? they can say fuck, whatever the teachers name is as well. It's something irrelevant to those learning and teaching in the situation.

Btw, you are no person is some magical being that is anti-pc in every possible way they can view something. You're focus is concerned on the content because it matters. That's focused on the situation in context in a way that makes it matter. Saying the context matters as you are, is a total pc concept. I'm sorry if you view yourself as the antithesis of pc or something that you can't view such a thing in a outward scope of it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-12-2015, 05:27 PM
(18-12-2015 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  الموت لأمريكا.

الموت للإسلام.

Both look like random scribbles to me. Bet the fundie parents wouldn't have objected to the latter.

This is why we love you Girly. You have the answers to all of life's problems.
18-12-2015, 05:40 PM
(18-12-2015 05:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  If you can read then you can clearly see that it says it's the islamic statement of faith. It doesn't have to be spelled out word for word.

What if the calligraphy said "death to America"? Would you still feel the same? The kids wouldn't know the difference so it's ok right?

But, it didn't. If it did, it would be impossible to argue that the statement was part of a lesson on culture.

Here's the thing: you don't get to make up "what if" scenarios to justify you position when you have no other arguments. What you said above is just one small step from "I have no argument, I'm just a bigot".

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
18-12-2015, 06:00 PM
(18-12-2015 05:40 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 05:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  If you can read then you can clearly see that it says it's the islamic statement of faith. It doesn't have to be spelled out word for word.

But, it didn't. If it did, it would be impossible to argue that the statement was part of a lesson on culture.

Here's the thing: you don't get to make up "what if" scenarios to justify you position when you have no other arguments. What you said above is just one small step from "I have no argument, I'm just a bigot".

No. It is part of their culture to say death to America and the koran justifies it.
18-12-2015, 06:07 PM
The koran justifies crying for the death of a nation founded over 1,500 years after the koran was written? Call it a crazy hunch here, but ... no.

There are 1.6 billion muslims on the planet. If killing Americans was part of their culture, you'd be dead already.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-12-2015, 06:11 PM
(18-12-2015 05:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 03:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Which part of it's a fucking calligraphy exercise for characters they can't even fucking read don't you get? Consider

If you can read then you can clearly see that it says it's the islamic statement of faith.

So what? Consider

Quote:It doesn't have to be spelled out word for word.

Since no one knows what it says, it can have no effect.

Quote:What if the calligraphy said "death to America"? Would you still feel the same?

Yes, since no one knows what it says, it can have no effect.

Quote:The kids wouldn't know the difference so it's ok right?

It wouldn't matter, since no one knows what it says. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2015, 06:13 PM
(18-12-2015 05:27 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  الموت لأمريكا.

الموت للإسلام.

This is why we love you Girly. You have the answers to all of life's problems.

That's not why you love me long time AtticCat. You love me long time because I have no answers, only questions.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-12-2015, 09:06 PM
(18-12-2015 06:00 PM)KUSA Wrote:  No. It is part of their culture to say death to America and the koran justifies it.

I have a Koran sitting on my desk right beside my computer. I want you to tell me what fucking verse in the Koran justifies saying "death to America." I'm waiting, but I'm betting you don't know one goddamned thing the Koran says.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
18-12-2015, 09:15 PM
(18-12-2015 06:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 05:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  If you can read then you can clearly see that it says it's the islamic statement of faith.

So what? Consider

Quote:It doesn't have to be spelled out word for word.

Since no one knows what it says, it can have no effect.

Quote:What if the calligraphy said "death to America"? Would you still feel the same?

Yes, since no one knows what it says, it can have no effect.

Quote:The kids wouldn't know the difference so it's ok right?

It wouldn't matter, since no one knows what it says. Drinking Beverage

So you have no problem with students writing out the Lord's Prayer in Latin for a history class, right?

BTW... what if they put the text through Google translate?