Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.
KUSA, nothing you have quoted "justifies" or "supports" killing Americans. Two points:

1. Most Americans are not infidels according to the Koran. That a few radical Muslims believe it to be so does not speak for most Islamic scholars and people.

2. Most Islamic scholars believe that the infidels, who were true enemies of Islam, were killed off 1000 years ago. [I learned this when I googled your claim that the Koran justifies killing Americans. Big Grin ]

I've spent a lot of time in Islamic countries all over the world without ever having a worry about being killed. Some Muslims had strong words for me but it had nothing to do with religion. They were really pissed off that American troops were stationed in their countries. They want to know what gives us the right to send troops all over the world and into countries that have never attacked the US. We got along fine when I told them I wasn't happy about that either. However, they needed to understand that most Americans were a bunch of chickenshits who needed to have soldiers stationed all over the world so that they could kill anybody who scared them.

By the way, I believe in learning everything you can about other religions and if they teach it in schools, so much the better. My attitude toward these parents in Virginia is, fuck 'em. Their children will grow up way behind the rest of the world in "smarts." [My son has a master's degree from GWU in comparative religions with an emphasis on Islam.] I have done the noon prayers, several times, with the old men at the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. They taught me to do the prayers in Arabic. After the prayers, we went to a tea house for tea and pastries and we talked about guns. They spoke English poorly and I spoke Turkish poorly but we communicated well. They were hunters and gun nuts too and we got along just fine. A couple of them were carrying handguns and they didn't shoot me even though I was very open about not believing in god. I've even gone shooting with some of those guys and we had a wonderful time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
19-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Schools in Augusta, VA close down because morons.
(19-12-2015 11:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I been looking at those butt plugs and dildos for months now.

Maybe you will get one from Santa. Have you been a good little girly?
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
19-12-2015, 12:39 PM
(19-12-2015 12:27 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(19-12-2015 11:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I been looking at those butt plugs and dildos for months now.

Maybe you will get one from Santa. Have you been a good little girly?

I'm expecting coal butt plugs and dildos. I'm hoping I don't get salt.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-12-2015, 12:41 PM
(19-12-2015 10:25 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The "declaration" is one of the first things all Arabic-speakers learn to write. It's fundamental to understanding Arabic script and language. If it was being taught as truth, or the students were being told by the teacher that the phrase was something they should all repeat as a group exercise (where there's no ability to bow out gracefully for objectors) then I would have an issue with it. And if you think I'm an apologist for any religion, then you've never read a word I've written!

America needs more cultural understanding. If our classrooms can't even teach something so basic as "this is the first thing that almost 2 billion people on earth learn to write", then we're in Big Trouble™.

This x1000. I swear liking it wasn't enough. Up here there is really very little cultural understanding about anything except what they hear from Fox News.

It's this xenophobic attitude that's gotten us into serious trouble in the past and will only repeat.

Saying this is what other cultures are taught, isn't the same as proselytizing for a belief. Unless it's followed up with...'but they're all wrong because jebus'. Facepalm

Again, it's far more dangerous to pretend that any religion only have secular messages to share.

And it's far different than a science class teaching about Noah and the flood as fact rather than a common myth most cultures share in areas prone to flooding.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post