Sci-Fi in the Bible!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Sci-Fi in the Bible!
There's lots of crazy shit in the Bible, especially the Old Testament. But I was contemplating the Virgin Mary recently and was thinking how come she was the immaculate conception (the first person to be born free of sin). After googling it I discovered she was free of sin because in the FUTURE she would give birth to Jesus. That's a TIME PARADOX!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Walluin's post
30-03-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: Sci-Fi in the Bible!
(30-03-2017 09:19 AM)Walluin Wrote:  There's lots of crazy shit in the Bible, especially the Old Testament. But I was contemplating the Virgin Mary recently and was thinking how come she was the immaculate conception (the first person to be born free of sin). After googling it I discovered she was free of sin because in the FUTURE she would give birth to Jesus. That's a TIME PARADOX!
And don't forget, if the story's true, then the first penis in her vagina belonged to her son. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
30-03-2017, 10:10 AM
(30-03-2017 09:19 AM)Walluin Wrote:  There's lots of crazy shit in the Bible, especially the Old Testament. But I was contemplating the Virgin Mary recently and was thinking how come she was the immaculate conception (the first person to be born free of sin). After googling it I discovered she was free of sin because in the FUTURE she would give birth to Jesus. That's a TIME PARADOX!

That or she was hovered over by angels to keep her pure.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-03-2017, 11:07 AM
(30-03-2017 10:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

That or she was hovered over by angels to keep her pure.

Last time I tried that excuse got me arrested. "I was just hovering!!!!"
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
30-03-2017, 11:22 AM
(30-03-2017 11:07 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 10:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  That or she was hovered over by angels to keep her pure.

Last time I tried that excuse got me arrested. "I was just hovering!!!!"

My mom hovered over me to keep me pure when I was a kid. (She didn't know about the very naughty lady next door, and I never told her.)
30-03-2017, 11:23 AM
(30-03-2017 10:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 09:19 AM)Walluin Wrote:  ...
immaculate conception (the first person to be born free of sin).
And don't forget, if the story's true, then the first penis in her vagina belonged to her son. Drinking Beverage

Psst!

That would be the Virgin Birth... not the Immaculate Conception.

All in all, christianity is not an immaculate concept, even with the benefit of backward engineering.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-03-2017, 11:25 AM
(30-03-2017 11:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 10:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And don't forget, if the story's true, then the first penis in her vagina belonged to her son. Drinking Beverage

Psst!

That would be the Virgin Birth... not the Immaculate Conception.

All in all, christianity is not an immaculate concept, even with the benefit of backward engineering.

Dodgy
I didn't conflate them.
30-03-2017, 11:33 AM

where does it say that she was free of sin?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
30-03-2017, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 11:47 AM by Grasshopper.)
(30-03-2017 11:33 AM)Alla Wrote:  

That's a good question. I'm not sure it says that anywhere in the Bible (I'm betting not), but it is a Catholic dogma. Some Pope and/or Ecumenical Council said so, and therefore it must be true!

ETA: More info here:

http://www.christianity.com/church/churc...30497.html
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-03-2017, 11:46 AM
(30-03-2017 11:33 AM)Alla Wrote:  

The bible doesn't say that, but it's commonly accepted doctrine in Catholic dogma.

Other Christian sects disagree.

So it really depends on who you ask.

Source: Did Mary, Jesus’ Mother, Ever Sin?

and

Hail Mary, Conceived Without Sin
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post