Sci-Fi in the Bible!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Sci-Fi in the Bible!
(30-03-2017 10:09 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 09:19 AM)Walluin Wrote:  There's lots of crazy shit in the Bible, especially the Old Testament. But I was contemplating the Virgin Mary recently and was thinking how come she was the immaculate conception (the first person to be born free of sin). After googling it I discovered she was free of sin because in the FUTURE she would give birth to Jesus. That's a TIME PARADOX!
And don't forget, if the story's true, then the first penis in her vagina belonged to her son. Drinking Beverage

No shit. And considering this Jesus fella - who claims he's his own father, you gotta wonder what sort of Oedipus complex is going on there.......

Therapy is probably indicated....

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Quote:So it really depends on who you ask.

Like every fucking thing else in religion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-03-2017, 11:57 AM
(30-03-2017 11:46 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 11:33 AM)Alla Wrote:  where does it say that she was free of sin?

The bible doesn't say that, but it's commonly accepted doctrine in Catholic dogma.

Other Christian sects disagree.

So it really depends on who you ask.

Source: Did Mary, Jesus’ Mother, Ever Sin?

and

Hail Mary, Conceived Without Sin

Oh, OK, thanks for the answer.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
30-03-2017, 11:57 AM
(30-03-2017 11:44 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 11:33 AM)Alla Wrote:  where does it say that she was free of sin?

That's a good question. I'm not sure it says that anywhere in the Bible (I'm betting not), but it is a Catholic dogma. Some Pope and/or Ecumenical Council said so, and therefore it must be true!

ETA: More info here:

http://www.christianity.com/church/churc...30497.html

thanks Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
30-03-2017, 12:52 PM
(30-03-2017 09:19 AM)Walluin Wrote:  There's lots of crazy shit in the Bible, especially the Old Testament. But I was contemplating the Virgin Mary recently and was thinking how come she was the immaculate conception (the first person to be born free of sin). After googling it I discovered she was free of sin because in the FUTURE she would give birth to Jesus. That's a TIME PARADOX!

Rather unnecessary as well. Why not arrange an immaculate conception for everyone so that there is no more 'original sin' to be saved from and Jesus becomes superfluous? There are quite a few places in the Bible where Yahweh forgets what superpowers he has.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 4 users Like Norm Deplume's post
30-03-2017, 01:56 PM
(30-03-2017 12:52 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  

Rather unnecessary as well. Why not arrange an immaculate conception for everyone so that there is no more 'original sin' to be saved from and Jesus becomes superfluous? There are quite a few places in the Bible where Yahweh forgets what superpowers he has.
But salvation is the old product the Church has. If they don't have a ready-made customer base then they're S.O.L. So inherited sin makes even the newest newborn a sinner and in need of a priest to 'save' it. Great product, no production costs and the customers sell themselves on it.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
30-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Biologically, a virgin birth should give a female child if the one giving birth is female.

I would say most all of the bible is Sci-Fi

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
30-03-2017, 04:24 PM
(30-03-2017 04:19 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Biologically, a virgin birth should give a female child if the one giving birth is female.
You may be speaking of parthenogenesis. A woman can have sperm emplanted without breaking the hymen.
30-03-2017, 04:28 PM
If memory serves this Immaculate Conception shit wasn't declared until the 1850's. Its therefore kind of a johnny-come-lately to the pile of catholic bullshit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
30-03-2017, 06:23 PM

> This reminds me of my 5th grade nun in Catholic school who, when asked to explain certain fantastic or contradictory biblical claims such as this, would simply go all glassy-eyed, stare into space, and reply, "That is one of the many mysteries of our religion." If pressed for a reasonable answer, she would waffle with, "Child! Where is your faith!" Facepalm