-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-08-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Science Disproves Evolution
(29-08-2012 06:44 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 08:23 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Heat in thermal energy

I found this rather interesting, perhaps it'll help out Bishadi.

it did, it shares how WRONG the model it.

A microwave is not adding 'speed' (kinetic energy) to food.

Quote:Microscopically, the thermal energy is partly the kinetic energy of a system's constituent particles, which may be atoms, molecules, electrons, or particles in plasmas. It originates from the individually random, or disordered, motion of particles in a large ensemble. In ideal monatomic gases, thermal energy is entirely kinetic energy. In other substances in cases where some of thermal energy is stored in atomic vibration, this vibrational part of the thermal energy is stored equally partitioned between potential energy of atomic vibration, and kinetic energy of atomic vibration. Thermal energy is thus equally partitioned between all available quadratic degrees of freedom of the particles. As noted, these degrees of freedom may include pure translational motion in gases, in rotational states, and as potential and kinetic energy in normal modes of vibrations in intermolecular or crystal lattice vibrations. In general, due to quantum mechanical reasons, the availability of any such degrees of freedom is a function of the energy in the system, and therefore depends on the temperature (see heat capacity for discussion of this phenomenon).

See what i mean, that definition of energy being the 'speed' of its particles is like making a steam engine in a day of the photo electric effect.

A microwave oven works by passing non-ionizing microwave radiation, usually at a frequency of 2.45 gigahertz (GHz)—a wavelength of 122 millimetres (4.80 in)—through the food. Microwave radiation is between common radio and infrared frequencies. Water, fat, and other substances in the food absorb energy from the microwaves in a process called dielectric heating. Many molecules (such as those of water) are electric dipoles, meaning that they have a partial positive charge at one end and a partial negative charge at the other, and therefore rotate as they try to align themselves with the alternating electric field of the microwaves. Rotating molecules hit other molecules and put them into motion, thus dispersing energy. This energy, when dispersed as molecular vibration in solids and liquids (i.e., as both potential energy and kinetic energy of atoms), is heat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven#Principles

Wink

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-08-2012, 07:38 PM
(29-08-2012 07:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 06:44 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  it did, it shares how WRONG the model it.

A microwave is not adding 'speed' (kinetic energy) to food.

See what i mean, that definition of energy being the 'speed' of its particles is like making a steam engine in a day of the photo electric effect.

A microwave oven works by passing non-ionizing microwave radiation, usually at a frequency of 2.45 gigahertz (GHz)—a wavelength of 122 millimetres (4.80 in)—through the food. Microwave radiation is between common radio and infrared frequencies. Water, fat, and other substances in the food absorb energy from the microwaves in a process called dielectric heating. Many molecules (such as those of water) are electric dipoles, meaning that they have a partial positive charge at one end and a partial negative charge at the other, and therefore rotate as they try to align themselves with the alternating electric field of the microwaves. Rotating molecules hit other molecules and put them into motion, thus dispersing energy. This energy, when dispersed as molecular vibration in solids and liquids (i.e., as both potential energy and kinetic energy of atoms), is heat.

Wink

thx, as it's purdy simple to comprehend how a microwave works.

ie.... the 'wavelengths' impose the energy upon the mass. Mass, didnt change, just the state.
29-08-2012, 08:01 PM
(29-08-2012 07:38 PM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 07:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  A microwave oven works by passing non-ionizing microwave radiation, usually at a frequency of 2.45 gigahertz (GHz)—a wavelength of 122 millimetres (4.80 in)—through the food. Microwave radiation is between common radio and infrared frequencies. Water, fat, and other substances in the food absorb energy from the microwaves in a process called dielectric heating. Many molecules (such as those of water) are electric dipoles, meaning that they have a partial positive charge at one end and a partial negative charge at the other, and therefore rotate as they try to align themselves with the alternating electric field of the microwaves. Rotating molecules hit other molecules and put them into motion, thus dispersing energy. This energy, when dispersed as molecular vibration in solids and liquids (i.e., as both potential energy and kinetic energy of atoms), is heat.

Wink

thx, as it's purdy simple to comprehend how a microwave works.

ie.... the 'wavelengths' impose the energy upon the mass. Mass, didnt change, just the state.

Thus producing heat in the food. Thumbsup

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
30-08-2012, 06:51 AM
(29-08-2012 08:01 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 07:38 PM)Bishadi Wrote:  thx, as it's purdy simple to comprehend how a microwave works.

Thus producing heat in the food. Thumbsup

like i said from day one; em is the cause of 'heat'

ALL CASES.

A method to observe that is to compare 2 pieces of iron. 1 hot, 1 not

The difference, aint added 'speed', but em!
30-08-2012, 07:00 AM
(30-08-2012 06:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 08:01 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Thus producing heat in the food. Thumbsup

like i said from day one; em is the cause of 'heat'

ALL CASES.

No, heat is kinetic energy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2012, 07:12 AM
(30-08-2012 07:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 06:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  like i said from day one; em is the cause of 'heat'

ALL CASES.

you like to use the words and watch yourself repeat what is accepted.

why not go read the babble

gen 3:22 And Jehovah God saith, `Lo, the man was as one of Us, as to the knowledge of good and evil; and now, lest he send forth his hand, and have taken also of the tree of life, and eaten, and lived to the age,' --

as it seems, to understand how and why, is irrelevant to the forum know it all.

ie...... if you have 2 iron ATOMS (single), one is hot, one is not.

What is it UPON THAT MASS, causing 'hot'?

Speed is not a force of nature!

ie...motion is not 'energy' itself

Idiots dont have a 5th force to nature. (speed)

the stupidity of the current paradigm is that energy is defined as a potential difference (speed) between points, when the energy of the structure is the em, in one form or another (all cases).

again, the reason you and i dont get along, is you are one the 'complacent' to the existing model, just like a religious wingnut is to theology.
30-08-2012, 08:41 AM
(30-08-2012 07:12 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 07:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, heat is kinetic energy.
you like to use the words and watch yourself repeat what is accepted.

why not go read the babble

gen 3:22 And Jehovah God saith, `Lo, the man was as one of Us, as to the knowledge of good and evil; and now, lest he send forth his hand, and have taken also of the tree of life, and eaten, and lived to the age,' --

as it seems, to understand how and why, is irrelevant to the forum know it all.

ie...... if you have 2 iron ATOMS (single), one is hot, one is not.

What is it UPON THAT MASS, causing 'hot'?

Speed is not a force of nature!

ie...motion is not 'energy' itself

Idiots dont have a 5th force to nature. (speed)

the stupidity of the current paradigm is that energy is defined as a potential difference (speed) between points, when the energy of the structure is the em, in one form or another (all cases).

again, the reason you and i dont get along, is you are one the 'complacent' to the existing model, just like a religious wingnut is to theology.

We don't get along because I'm calm and rational and you are not.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-08-2012, 09:51 AM
(30-08-2012 08:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 07:12 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  again, the reason you and i dont get along, is you are one the 'complacent' to the existing model, just like a religious wingnut is to theology.
We don't get along because I'm calm and rational and you are not.
what's rational about telling people that they live on 'speed'?
30-08-2012, 03:42 PM
(30-08-2012 07:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 06:51 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  like i said from day one; em is the cause of 'heat'

ALL CASES.

This energy, when dispersed as molecular vibration in solids and liquids (i.e., as both potential energy and kinetic energy of atoms), is heat.

-Baron d'Holbach-